Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Nov 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: I got a letter...

Missing since: 16 Jun 2012
Notes left: 15
...it was blank, except for a picture of this awesome looking lake. Anyway, here I am. I'm silentmumbler, and I'm new around here. I'm only 18, and I'm from western KY, but I find Silent Hill to be absolutely fascinating. I've played through every game so far except Origins (I keep putting it down for something else then have to start over because I forgot everything).

Anyway, my favorite SH game is Silent Hill 2. Why? Let's see here... Well, Angela is the best SH character in my opinion, plus SH2 has my favorite soundtrack, has the most engaging atmosphere, and forces you to think (a lot). I know quite a few people complain that SH2 isn't scary enough, but I don't really care. I didn't find any of them scary. I'm after atmosphere, not nightmares.

For my least favorite, I'd have to pick Homecoming. I personally found it to be a little uncreative. The opening sequence is ripped straight out of Jacob's Ladder, and Alex is uncannily similar in character to Jacob from the same movie. Also, I didn't enjoy fighting the human centipede and a glowing spinoff of the lying figure. It wasn't all bad, though. I really thought the Schism was the best-designed monster in a Silent Hill game, but I just didn't enjoy Homecoming as much as I have the other games (including Downpour).

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject: Re: I got a letter...

Missing since: 06 May 2006
Notes left: 1351
Last seen at: a sanctuary for ...no wait - fuck off I have enough friends
Welcome, silentmumbler.

Hope you like it here. :)

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: I got a letter...

Missing since: 01 Jun 2012
Notes left: 152
Last seen at: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters