Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Nov 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Hello folks, nice to meet you!

Missing since: 08 Feb 2016
Notes left: 11
Last seen at: Hesse, Germany
I'm new to this forum and therefore I want to introduce myself to you (I hope it isn't too long). :D

Gaming has always been my favourite hobby, up to this day. But unlike most people, I've never touched a PS3 or even a PS4 - I'm fully attached to the fifth and sixth generation era (furthermore I still play third and fourth generation games occasionally - via emulators).
Besides, not only in regard to videogames, but also at music, literature and lifestyle in general I feel like a true dinosaur! :lol:

Unlike most of you, I'm relatively new to the SH series, and I can't conceal to you the story behind that: In 2000, I purchased a brand new copy of SH1, but unfortunately I haven't played it until 2014: I didn't have much time for gaming back then, so I only played games from franchises I was familiar with. In the end, I've simply forgotten about my factory-sealed SH1 copy laying in the cardboard box for years.
That all changed two years ago: One day, I was re-organizing my videogame collection and stumbled across that one copy - still sealed. I decided to give it a chance and to put it in my Playstation ... it was so goddamn amazing!!!
Now I own and have played through every PS1 and PS2 game - but through each game only once (time is rare and precious as a student). The experience in a whole was mind-altering, so I decided to go much deeper into it. And what could be better for that than a forum full of fans and experts, with whom I may share my thoughts and knowledge? :wink:

Beforehand, I have to excuse for possible grammar mistakes, since English isn't my native language - but I hope it will be good enough that everyone can understand me.

That's it. "See you around!" :mrgreen:

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Hello folks, nice to meet you!

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1875
Last seen at: Los Angeles
That's a heck of a way to get into the series! Welcome, Caliban, and I hope you enjoy your time here. : )

SHH Staff Writer

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
It's great that you remembered you had the game and decided to play it again. Welcome to the forums!

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4656
Last seen at: Colorado
Welcome. I'm glad you finally got around to playing Silent Hill and discovering its glory! And don't worry; your English is very readable.
I hope you enjoy the forum. :)