All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Oct 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Hello

Missing since: 20 Nov 2016
Notes left: 7
Last seen at: London
Hello,

I am here because I love these games, though I haven't played one since shattered memories (didn't complete it) and haven't completed one since The Room (oh the memories!)
Well, I saw super bestfriends playing Silent Hill 3 and was just hooked so have got myself a pc copy and will be working my way through this slice of hell and discomfort not felt since watching season 4 of American Horror Story.
There are things about the series that have always resonated with me and have had me neck deep in the lore since the first game, which I played as a demo and went out and bought the next day.
I am sure I gave myself nightmares and daymares and every shade of sub-ptsd possible from a psycological horror game. I still went back till I couldn't any more; Drained I put down my controller, but there would more, there would be Silent Hill 2! (and Project Zero but thats another forum) and some how I skipped 3 and went to 4.
I liked The Room (not the film) and it despite that ONE puzzle (you know which one) it was a superb game and I honestly just left the series there.
I was wrong. I should have tried out the others for size and even though I did play some of Shattered Memories, I didn't play origins, homecoming or downpour and I will do now. I owe it to Silent Hill to scare, stun or even repel myself from games that I should just leave well alone.
I've written a lot. I like to write, can write for days. Yes I have a blog about games and about the sci-fi novel I am writing (should I have included links?) and they are ok in their own ways, like step-children you kind of like but who are far more mature than you and you feel outmatched at every turn.
Well, Have yourself a great day or evening,
Voidfoxx

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject: Re: Hello

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
Hey there, welcome to the forums. It's awesome that you're getting back into the Silent Hill games!

Since you like to write, are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

Just Passing Through

Enika wrote:
Hey there, welcome to the forums. It's awesome that you're getting back into the Silent Hill games!

Thank you for the welcome!

Thats the first I have heard of NaNoWriMo but I have signed up as it seems just my kind of thing :)

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 627
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Voidfoxx wrote:
Enika wrote:

Thank you for the welcome!

Thats the first I have heard of NaNoWriMo but I have signed up as it seems just my kind of thing :)

If you're into writing, it's a super cool thing to do. I'd love to do it myself but I'm completely incapable of writing a novel in a month. I think I'll definitely give it a go next year though.

Good luck on it though.

Also, welcome to the forums. It's cool here and stuff.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7963
Last seen at: Nowhere
What's up? Welcome to the place.

What SH4 puzzle are you talking about though? The one involving the burned doll in the Forest World? Only because of crazy Walter, right? Lol.

Just Passing Through

Mephisto wrote:
What's up? Welcome to the place.

What SH4 puzzle are you talking about though? The one involving the burned doll in the Forest World? Only because of crazy Walter, right? Lol.

Same world i think? the one with that freaking hand!! the one that is so very hard to find

Thanks for the welcome :)

Just Passing Through

Tabris wrote:
If you're into writing, it's a super cool thing to do. I'd love to do it myself but I'm completely incapable of writing a novel in a month. I think I'll definitely give it a go next year though.

Good luck on it though.

Also, welcome to the forums. It's cool here and stuff.

Thanks for the welcome, I am not sure that even if I had started writing at the beginning of November I could write that many words! I think its 1500 a day or more! so I think i'll just enjoy their forums and see how it all goes:)