All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Oct 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: New

Missing since: 06 Jan 2017
Notes left: 13
Last seen at: the satan zone
Alright, so... Hi. I'm ElizabethAS.
I'm not used to forums. This'll be the first forum I'll (try to) actively participate in.
But yes, hi ! I make music and stuff. Lots of things, game design, art, 3D modeling, (some) sound design, programming, but I mainly make music.

A lot of my ambient stuff (especially my newest ambient album) is very inspired by the OSTs of SH.

In terms of experience with SH, I've never beaten a game. But that's just because of my luck with save files. Either I lose them, or they get corrupted. Sometimes it's not even that. Sometimes I get spoiled on the ending. There are actually very few games I've beaten, but I'm going to try to beat SH3 even though I've been spoiled on the ending.
The OSTs though, I listen to those very often. My three favourite SH OSTs are SH1, SH3, and SH:SM. SH2 isn't listed here because, while I do like that OST, I don't listen to it as much. I don't really know why. I'll actually listen to that right now, while I type this.

I still love the games, even though of my inability to beat them. but god damn it i'm going to make it a point to beat SH3

I'm actually thinking of maybe doing an SH remix album. Maybe. It'd be of a bunch of my favourite songs from the OSTs. In the case that I do, I was looking around here and I'm not sure where I'd post it. So, where would I post an SH remix album ?

Trying to think of what else there is.

Nope, can't think of anything else. I'm sure there's some important stuff I'm forgetting, but it's probably fine.

Anyways, g'bye. I'll try to actively participate here, in this forum, Silent Hill Heaven. It's gonna be fun.

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject: Re: New

Missing since: 15 Feb 2008
Notes left: 1124
Last seen at: A place between here and there
Hey there, welcome to the forums! It's great to have another person :D

That really sucks with your save files, urgh. Corrupting save files can be pretty easy. Here's to hoping you can make it all the way through Silent Hill 3! Unless your memory card gets corrupted, it might help to keep multiple saves so if one does get corrupted, at least there's a backup :)

Backloggery | GoodReads | MyAnimeList

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7963
Last seen at: Nowhere
Yo Elizabeth, what's up?

Since you're a musician, and was inspired by the soundtracks to make your own music, I think you're gonna like this thread here. See you around ;)

Just Passing Through

Enika wrote:
Hey there, welcome to the forums! It's great to have another person :D

That really sucks with your save files, urgh. Corrupting save files can be pretty easy. Here's to hoping you can make it all the way through Silent Hill 3! Unless your memory card gets corrupted, it might help to keep multiple saves so if one does get corrupted, at least there's a backup :)

Thank you !
Also, I'm not using memory cards, I'm using the PC version of SH3.

Mephisto wrote:
Yo Elizabeth, what's up?

Since you're a musician, and was inspired by the soundtracks to make your own music, I think you're gonna like this thread here. See you around ;)

That post was part of the reason I actually signed up. I was wondering if Akira Yamaoka used samples in his music, so a quick google search led me to that post, and I discovered that this forum exists. And as soon as I found out, I just thought to myself "YES P L E A S E"
So I'm here now.

Thank you both for greeting me, I'll try to be active in this forum if I see something that interests me. I'll try to be as active as I can, where I apply, I mean.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4650
Last seen at: Colorado
Hey and welcome!
ElizabethAS wrote:
In terms of experience with SH, I've never beaten a game.

Oh no no, we can't have that! You've got a lot of work to do, lady! *cracks whip* The SH series abounds with great games that must be played through! I hope you can sort things out & have more luck with your save files so that you can play 'em. It will be worth it! It's even worth it when the endings are spoiled IMO.

Quote:
I'm actually thinking of maybe doing an SH remix album. Maybe. It'd be of a bunch of my favourite songs from the OSTs. In the case that I do, I was looking around here and I'm not sure where I'd post it. So, where would I post an SH remix album ?
That sounds like something that would go in the Indian Runner section of the forum. It's where people post all kinds of personal projects. :)

Just Passing Through

phantomess wrote:
Oh no no, we can't have that! You've got a lot of work to do, lady! *cracks whip* The SH series abounds with great games that must be played through! I hope you can sort things out & have more luck with your save files so that you can play 'em. It will be worth it! It's even worth it when the endings are spoiled IMO.

Then I'll start playing SH3 right now, after I post this.
And it turns out that I still have my saves.
I just forgot that I had them. I honestly thought I lost all of them, but then again my memory is terrible and I can't really trust it.
I forgot that I made a new save file each time I saved.

phantomess wrote:
That sounds like something that would go in the Indian Runner section of the forum. It's where people post all kinds of personal projects. :)

Noted. I might do an SH inspired album instead though, due to how hard the sounds are to recreate, as well as the general atmosphere of them all. I tried doing a remix of Butterfly Nest, then realized it was terrible. I have the samples Akira Yamaoka used, though, from the post that linked a collection of them to download.

ANYWAYS off to go play SH3 now.
I'll try to play as much as I can. I still have my own projects to work on and mental health to deal with, but when I get some time and I'm doing well enough I'll definitely play it.

but yeah off to go play it now

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4650
Last seen at: Colorado
Well that was an easier job of convincing than I expected! :P Good luck, and no pressure to rush- of course there's more that must be tended to in life than gaming, and you should take your time enough to enjoy the experience. Let us know how you like it when you do get around to finishing it and any of the others!

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 627
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Welcome, welcome~

Glad to see another ambient fan. The music and soundscapes of the series is a huge reason why I keep playing them over and over.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 27 Nov 2016
Notes left: 89
Last seen at: In my own world
Hiya nice to meet ya :)