Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Oct 2017

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject: Something new to think about: Valtiel, the Valet of God

Missing since: 16 Apr 2006
Notes left: 639
I’ve been thinking about these ideas about Valtiel for quite some time now, and I’ve finally decided to post them on here to see what you all think about them. I’d also like to credit Burning Man & Wall of Death for giving me some of these ideas.

Since the name Valtiel means "attendant" by way of the English word "Valet," his existence as an angel is derived from suffixing "-el." In short, he is the being that attends to and watches over God.--Wall of Death

Hmm…so if the name “Valtiel” is simply an alias for him, then perhaps the true nature of Valtiel is forever lost in the veils of time. Well, not really.

It is a popular belief that Valtiel is the Red God, Xuchilbapa/ bara. This is because Xuchilbara, the red god, is known to be comparable to Metraton, God’s right hand angel & the Virun VII Crest (aka Talisman of Metraton) is inscribed on Valtiel’s back, which is a logical reason to believe that Valtiel is Xuchilbara. However, my theory is not going to talk about how Valtiel is just the Red God.

I think it’s apparent that there are more than one “Valtiels” crawling around in shafts ‘n ducts constantly watching over Heather, in fact, I think it would be quite difficult for a god with limited powers -- such as Valtiel -- to sufficiently keep up with Heather.

I highly doubt it, in fact, I think there are at least two Valtiels watching her; I believe one of them could be the Yellow God, Lobsel Vith.

And no, I’m not saying Valtiel is the only definite form for Lobsel Vith takes. Since the main deity of the Order has been known to take different forms in other games, so why not the Red & Yellow gods?

It’s possible that the Yellow God has been residing within Heather’s unconscious ever since she was burned 24 years ago, since it’s most likely that Incubus (the deity that impregnated her) is the Yellow God, Lobsel Vith. The Red God could’ve been planted in Alessa's unconscious mind during her immolation, or Claudia had Valtiel snuck inside Douglas, and then as soon as Douglas came in contact with Heather, Valtiel snuck into her unconscious mind like an air born virus, which could explain how Heather was instantly teleported to the other world right after meeting Douglas.

Another reason I believe there are at least two different deities working as God’s Valets is because we see that Valtiel has an insignia of the Virun VII Crest written on his back at certain points of the game & sometimes we don’t see the insignia.

Most people would argue that Team Silent made it seem like there was only one single Valtiel but they sort of did the same thing to Pyramid Head too.

Perhaps Lobsel Vith was the one who monitored the Holy One while Xuchilbara was the one who resurrected the Holy One?

I’ve also been speculating of the possibility that Lobsel Vith & Xuchilbara were inserted into Walter’s unconscious mind as well.

It would explain why Walter split/ could’ve split; it wouldn’t make much sense for the Red God to be in two minds at once but it makes more sense that Lobsel Vith would be in one mind & Xuchilbara would be in the other.

Dark Walter, with Xuchilbara in his unconscious mind, wanted to seek Salvation by waking up his mother. To do this, he would need to execute sinners to resurrect god (the red god is a deity of salvation). Since the other Walter was deceased, Dark Walter would need to resurrect him in order to complete the ritual, & whaddya know, Xuchilbara -- the deity of resurrection is lurking inside him, so it all works out.

Good Walter, with Lobsel Vith in his unconscious mind, wanted to seek Joy by trying to continue a normal life in Pleasant River University but was tainted by guilt & was arrested sometime after leaving Silent Hill.

So yea, those are some of my thoughts about Valtiel. Hope this gives you readers a new concept to think about.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: Something new to think about: Valtiel, the Valet of God

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
Conjurer wrote:

So yea, those are some of my thoughts about Valtiel. Hope this gives you readers a new concept to think about.

Well not for me because everything is already clear about Yellow and Red gods, what they are and whats their purpose. And what I see here is a bit of facts a bit of your own ideas - some far from the game facts

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Apr 2006
Notes left: 464
Last seen at: Who cares???
Good thing here..!!! everyone!!!... nice. :D

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Actually, you'd be quite surprised how unclear it is for most people.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jul 2003
Notes left: 2368
Conjurer wrote:
Most people would argue that Team Silent made it seem like there was only one single Valtiel but they sort of did the same thing to Pyramid Head too.

Sorry to tell you this, since it seems like you spent some quality time in making this theory, but the official SH3 guidebook specifically says:

Quote:
Its appearance can be seen in various locations, but there is only one existence [of Valtiel].

Thus, in case of Silent Hill 3, there's but one Valtiel.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

*sigh* Cheeeeeeeeeeese Logs! It's pretty embarrassing that the idea was shot down so easily, but oh well.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Quote:
I think it would be quite difficult for a god with limited powers -- such as Valtiel -- to sufficiently keep up with Heather.

Why?

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

I just figured his powers were very limited because we see this god that is forced to crawl through dark, dirty, & narrow places when a real god could simply just levitate or become omnipresent to follow Heather.

Post subject:

Except that every time he appears in the game (save for the death scene cameos) he's already wherever he is when Heather arrives.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

So I guess he just put a lot of effort in following her?

Post subject:

I lean more towards the idea that he was anticipating her movement, rather than following it.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Apr 2006
Notes left: 826
Last seen at: the place of broken dreams and mirrors
Or, possibly, he's just everywhere at once and has no need to track, follow, or otherwise move after Heather. Since he's a god, it's not so farfetched to assume that he's omnipresent.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Nov 2005
Notes left: 381
Last seen at: Trapped at the End of The World...
Besides, who's to say Valtiel doesn't like to crawl around in those dark, dirty spaces? At the very least, it's the appearance of his manifestation. I don't believe anyone is forcing him to do it.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Something new to think about: Valtiel, the Valet of God

Missing since: 04 Aug 2016
Notes left: 36
Well, your theory could hold true if you had mentioned Valtiel from Silent Hill 4. In that he "possessed" Walter. The two Valtiels seemed to act differently, as they were probably different manifestations of the same religious figure. So in that sense it's somewhat comparable to the two Pyramid Heads. After all, Valtiel is just a manifestation based on the Orders belief of what Valtiel is. He's probably not omnipresent in the sense that he's everywhere at once. If anything, he probably just manifest in front of Heather. Or maybe Heather just so happens to come across him at certain points in the game. I feel people tend to jump the gun with this character, even more so than some do with Pyramid Head. Someone should message the creators and ask if Valtiel is the Red God.