Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 25 Nov 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Silent Hill EVERYTHING! (caution: spoilers)

Missing since: 01 Oct 2014
Notes left: 6

Last edited by Space Monkey on 08 Jun 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 05 Nov 2010
Notes left: 981
Last seen at: Kentucky
Favorite SH game - The standard pick, SH2. It has an atmosphere that I feel is unmatched in any of the other games.

Favorite SH soundtrack - Heaven's Night by a long shot. That's not to say that the other soundtracks aren't ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL, because they are, but Heaven's Night in particular nails it. I prefer instrumental music, and this is nothing but top-notch instrumental tracks that spans a nice range of styles. The feeling it gives is consistent though... cold... lonely... lost... unbearable sorrow... can't cry anymore... no one's there to help...
It has loud moments. It has quiet moments. It is even a bit funky on some tracks, and of course it's unnerving.

Favorite Protagonist - I guess I'll say Murphy Pendleton from Downpour, just because I think he's the most emotive and I can really get behind his motives and struggle.

Favorite Supporting Character - It took a while to nail this one. There are heaps of great supporting characters. Eileen and Cybil immediately come to mind, but in all honesty, Dr. K from Shattered Memories is killer. His voice, his mannerisms, his attitude. He's my favorite supporting character by far, and I'll even go so far as to say he's my favorite SH character of all. No kidding.

Favorite Enemy - The Lying Figure from SH2. They are what I think of first when I imagine the creatures that SH has shown us. The noises they make and the way they move (both while standing and crawling on the ground) make them horrifying. They are so disfigured and alien with enough of a human-element to make them disturbing and not goofy.

Favorite Boss - The Lizard from SH1. That whole fight really gets to me.
The burning body that lights the metal arena and the nerve-wrecking music combined with the otherworldly Lizard make it a really special experience. Those legs... those jaws... the saliva... the muddied features of it's body. It's almost like a human crossed with a Lizard when you look at its "hands" and its lack of a tail (or is it a stub?). Definitely an unforgettable boss.

Favorite Location - Too difficult. Truly.

Favorite Cutscene - Definitely the opening of SH2. I'm counting the bathroom combined with James looking out over the lake and Mary's Letter is read and James reflects on what it means and what lies ahead. It has great scenery, pacing, and music.

Favorite Coverart - PAL version of SH4.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 10 Oct 2007
Notes left: 27
Favorite Silent Hill game: Silent Hill 2. This was the first game that I encountered that transcended from a "game" to art.

Least Favorite Silent Hill Game: Homecoming.

Favorite Silent Hill soundtrack: Origins. This score is the most varied, while still being cohesive. There are also some unforgettable, haunting tracks such as "O.T.R" and "Real Solution."

Favorite Main Protagonist: Maria.

Favorite Main Antagonist: ...Maria.

Favorite Supporting Character: James.

Favorite Monster/Enemy: Red Pyramid Thing, Valtiel, Sewer Monster

Scariest Monster/Enemy: Twin Victims, Slurpers

Favorite Weapon: Pipe.

Favorite Location/Room: Borley's Haunted Mansion, Neeley's Bar, The Basement's Basement

Favorite Cutscene: Fairy Tale Monster from Silent Hill 3, or the horse circling the gallows.

Favorite Quote: "Huh. Radio. What's going on with that radio?"

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 31 Mar 2012
Notes left: 70
Last seen at: Portugal
Favorite Silent Hill game: SH2, unique visuals, story and game.

Least Favorite Silent Hill Game: , i dont accept book of memories as a SH , suck it Tomm Hulett !

Favorite Silent Hill soundtrack: Homecoming.

Favorite Main Protagonist: Alex.

Favorite Main Antagonist: Mayor Bartlett. Sees the town rotting and doesn´t do jack shit ^^

Favorite Supporting Character: Wheeler.

Favorite Monster/Enemy: Thingies that monkey bar below you in sh2

Scariest Monster/Enemy: Pyramid Head in sh2

Favorite Weapon: Hunting rifle

Favorite Location/Room: SH2 town, big area to explore.

Favorite Cutscene: Vincent saying "They looked like monsters to you ??" Shocking confusing scene, possibly still unresolved today.

Favorite Quote: "Dead? Shiit" by Wheeler, token black guy

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 09 Jul 2015
Notes left: 17
Favorite Silent Hill game: Silent Hill 2
Least Favorite Silent Hill Game: IDK
Favorite Silent Hill soundtrack: Silent Hill 2
Favorite Main Protagonist: James Sunderland
Favorite Main Antagonist:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
James Sunderland

Favorite Supporting Character: Lisa Garland
Favorite Monster/Enemy: Nurses (SH2)
Scariest Monster/Enemy: Pendulum (SH3)
Favorite Weapon: Emergency Hammer (SH)
Favorite Location/Room: Brookhaven Hospital (SH2)
Favorite Cutscene: Otherworld Transition (SH2)
Favorite Quote: I'm not crazy, at least I don't think so.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 09 Jul 2015
Notes left: 17
^ Least Favorite SH game: Silent Hill 3. I don't like rehash games and Heather was a wasted character in a game that had nothing new to offer for the series, execpt for bleeding walls I guess.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 634
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada

This is the one that started it all for me and was the catalyst for much in my life

Least Favorite Silent Hill Game: Homecoming

While I do love this game and feel where it does well, it does really well, where it's flawed, there were really no excuses for it to be flawed. Some of the end points realllly pissed me off as a fan

Favorite Silent Hill soundtrack: Silent Hill 4

I love every OST and there's damn near not a day that has gone by where I haven't listened to Akira's music since probably 2001 (I've even said this to him in person~), this one stands out to me as the easiest to listen to. It's a weird combination of chill atmosphere and creepy. Plus it has Wounded Warsong and Room of Angel.

Favorite Main Protagonist: Heather Mason

I love/like most of the main characters but she stands out to me as the one with the most personality. Plus I dig her punky attitude.

Favorite Main Antagonist: Alessa

While she's not really a true antagonist when it comes to the broad scheme of things I always adored her in a sympathetic fashion. She's able to create an evil world that is rarely rivaled, so respect to that hah.

Favorite Supporting Character: Vincent

Charismatic and a manipulative asshole. Really wish this guy somehow had more stage time because he was really interesting. He had a really bizarre interest in the otherworld hah. Most fascinating indeed~

Favorite Monster/Enemy: Scarlet

If Homecoming did one damn thing right in my eyes it was the Hell Descent with Scarlet as the boss. The music, setting and how she breaks apart was so fucking eerie.

Scariest Monster/Enemy: Pendulum

Creepy as hell in design, the noises they make and how excessively and frustratingly annoying they are to take down.

Favorite Weapon: Emergency Hammer in SH1 and Pistol in Homecoming

Hammer because it's the ultimate get shit done weapon in SH1 and the Pistol in HC because I get a sick amusement in shooting things in the head in that game. Especially the cult bastards since they shouldn't even be in the game!

Favorite Location/Room: Otherworld Brookhaven, SH3 / Mirrorroom

Otherworld Brookhaven is by far the scariest environment in the series to me for so many reasons. The mirror room by far being one of them. Everything about that place is fuck this shit. Incredibly cool and I loved to torment my friends minds with that place. Silent Hill has so many cool environments but this place stands far above them all.

Favorite Cutscene: When they travel to Silent Hill in SH3

Emotional, was incredibly good looking for its time, it explained a lot about SH1, the music was beautiful and it was a nice time to breathe after so much happened in the game. One of the more impactful scenes in the series for me.

Favorite Quote: They look like monsters to you?

A cliche favorite but it was so well executed, it made you as a gamer question what the hell you've done in these games. Then it's impossible to tell if that asshole was even serious or not. Another reason Vincent is my favorite supporting character!

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 17 Jan 2016
Notes left: 8
Last seen at: Canada
Least Favorite Silent Hill Game: Downpour
Favorite Silent Hill soundtrack: Silent Hill: Origins
Favorite Main Protagonist: James Sunderland
Favorite Main Antagonist: Walter Sullivan
Favorite Supporting Character: Eddie Dombrowski
Favorite Monster/Enemy: Night Flutter
Scariest Monster/Enemy: Pyramid Head
Favorite Weapon: Shotgun
Favorite Location/Room: Wood Side Apartments
Favorite Cutscene: Eddie boss battle
Favorite Quote: Huh... radio. What's going on with that radio?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41