Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Jun 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: What would your Silent Hill look like?

Missing since: 07 Feb 2010
Notes left: 430
Last seen at: California
My Silent Hill would differ from what I originally posted a year and a half ago. It would probably really vast, frigid, and completely isolated. I image the undertones of being confused and alone like that from SH2 would be prevalent. I'm not sure if I'd meet anybody because being lonely and being alone really scares and depresses me. I'm also sure there would be some connection to my family and the terrible experiences I've endured when we all lived together, as well as the prejudice I face from how I am. I also think I'd face abandonment issues and my possessive nature would be prominent in some sort of way.
I also imagine a lot of unexpected things since I'm still young and I don't completely know who I am yet.

Last edited by astral on 19 Jul 2011, edited 3 times in total.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3534
I have a feeling that mines would be really rainy and cold.

Last edited by simeonalo on 21 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jan 2010
Notes left: 1725
Last seen at: Canadiania
I'm sure mine would incorporate my problems with anxiety, like the sensation of being watched or judged constantly. Visually that might involve two-way mirrors, faceless crowds, cameras, evaluations, and anything of the sort. As for creatures, eyes would be a prevalent motif.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Oh mine would be being judged constantly as well :|

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Mine would be one big ass hospital mixed with a prison, with multiple rooms actually being big ass wombs that try and trap me inside them.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jan 2010
Notes left: 136
Last seen at: The Johto Region.
Mine would probably be red and fleshy vegetation covering everything.

I'm not too sure why, maybe because I dream of this kind of Otherworld frequently.

Also not too sure if it has a meaning.

:?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Feb 2010
Notes left: 17
Last seen at: United States Of GaGa.
Not entirely sure how mine would look.

Probably always rainging and foggy, alot of enclosed spaces and alot of monsters that never are on their own - that always travel in packs.

I hate being in small cramped places...

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 444
-Interesting topic!-
Hm...Thinking it over I'm sure most of the flooring would be metal as well as the walls, a confined place without entrance nor escape, to symbolize my issues with trying to keep people from getting close to me. Most likely it would be raining or snowing on a constant basis, of course what is a Silent Hill without blood,grating, and fog? So of course there would be plenty of that.
Any sort of reflective surface that could let me see myself would be broken and TV's and radio's would be playing my memories in static, things I wont let myself forget or try to hard to cover up.
My areas I'd be sent to, to deal with my memories, would most likely be the Amusement Park, the Woodside Apartments, the Hospital, the Elementary school, and Rosewater Park.
My monsters would represent cats (Throughout my life the main pets have been cats) some sort of spiders, (I've had an extreme fear of spiders that have actually made people around me angry for overreacting), and of course humanoid (That ones obvious)

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

I would also constantly hear distant sounds, and whispers coming from the walls :(

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Ah, that would make a creepy portion of a game, makes a person question what it is and where it's coming from.
I myself, would have something similar to 3 where you can hear random screaming if you listen close enough to the audio.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2008
Notes left: 3453
Last seen at: New Jersey
Whatever extreme sexual frustration, hatred of politicians, criminals, racists, and religious bigots, AND extreme dislike of the majority of the fanbases for my favorite games would look like in physical form, that's my Silent Hill.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Hehe we have some good ideas here. I wouldn't be surprised if the company was snooping around this forum to get ideas :wink:

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Nov 2009
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Room 312
Mine would be really hot, possibly bright, with hands sticking out of walls reaching for me, i'd always see some of my loved ones at the end of a never ending road, Big open spaces, as i feel very unconfortable being in them, and painted faces all over.
I'd hear whistles and steps behind me.

Post subject:

carneeval wrote:
-Interesting topic!-of course what is a Silent Hill without blood,grating, and fog? So of course there would be plenty of that.

Stereotyping the Otherworld.

Mines would be pure glass with rigid sharp edge, symbolizing my fear of sharp objects and how "shattered" my life is (just a joke).

Of course, there would be people trapped in the glass. And monsters made out of what seems to be stone or just pure liquid (a watery Lying Figure sounds nice)

astral wrote:
Hehe we have some good ideas here. I wouldn't be surprised if the company was snooping around this forum to get ideas :wink:

You are totally right. For those of you who have watched Tom Hullet's blog on Shattered Memories prior to its release, there are pictures of him actually browsing on this forum. Literally :D

Last edited by simeonalo on 18 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Stereotyping ^^? Inform me of one game that does not include blood,grating, and fog please ^^.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 135
Last seen at: Arizona Bay
Unfortunaley, I don't think my nightmare would be much different from Heather or Alessa's.

Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"

Post subject:

carneeval wrote:
Stereotyping ^^? Inform me of one game that does not include blood,grating, and fog please ^^.

Sorry, carneeval (and thanks for joining my site), it's just that saying what would a Silent Hill be without the blood/rust is stereotyping because Silent Hill is not necessarily all blood and rust. I mean, Shattered Memories and Silent Hill 2 didn't have blood/grating (at least not that much of grating) at all. I understand that fog is present in all of the games.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

(Your welcome) Silent Hill 2 has this is the Hospital ^^ [spoiler]And Shattered Memories isn't really part of the series, it's someones delusion and dream, not representation through the town.[/spoiler]

Last edited by carneeval on 15 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Aug 2009
Notes left: 427
Last seen at: a land filled with things!
Well I have a feeling that whatever I would try to think up may be inaccurate but here I go.

Cold, dark, and wet, mid-shades of blue and green lighting, Very empty, very quiet, The immediate area would look..well the closest I can think of is a mall..basically indoor long hallways...kinda like a layout of a mall The ceiling would be very high. You probably would just see pitch black unless it's illuminated in some way.
The walls would have open mall type rooms, house style doors that lead to apartment type areas, random parts of the wall would be see through glass, and dead ends would be heavily rapped in ripped up plastic with either wall behind it or a full glass wall.
There would be broken up mannequins standing/laying about.
Areas of intense mental stress would have gnats flying around..

Lots of text written on the walls.
There would be random holes in some areas of the ground.

and that's all I've got for now

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Aug 2008
Notes left: 102
Hmm, what would a town of my subconscious mind brought to life look like?

Not as good as others, I assume.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next