Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 14 Dec 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
Bio, you should listen to Artemis Panthar.She hit it right on the head.It is all in the belife system.If you don't believe and I was to give a direct link to or explian a ritual,it could directly take charge.And by the laws of protection I would be held responble.I myself I am not an all-knowing teacher of wiccan rituals.I have created my own and they are probably not accepted by leaders of the religion.
I jumped right in to it.And I had my own price to pay.

Mostly,untill you go through and live the religion,you should not judge it.But if you are willing to try.PM me and I will give you a small ritual and protection,I dont wantt o be persponsible for others getting into trouble.PM me and I'll give it to you.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2005
Notes left: 772
Last seen at: On The Internet
PM sent. i'll post the results.

robbie-kun666 wrote:
Biomechanical, if you're going to knock everyones religions/beliefs, then fully tell us what you believe in so that we may shred the fucking life from it, and make you feel as we have....

Jesus saves, dog. Reprazent!!! RofL!

but seriously. i think everybody needs to chill the fuck out and stop taking themselves so seriously. I was not talking shit about anybody's religion and drama-mongerers are just stirring up shit to mean more than it really means. The points i made at the beginning of this thread are NOT racist or discriminatory. i will repeat them

1. ouija boards are bogus, or else they would not sell them to children in toy stores.
2. circus-owning gypsies in russia are cruel to bears.

see? now lets all get along and smoke a bong for fucks sake :twisted:

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Oct 2003
Notes left: 1227
Last seen at: Everywhere {UK}
Gyromancy works, you just have to notice that it works.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jan 2004
Notes left: 445
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
magic is 99.9% psychosomatics....

Post subject:

Bio, this may sound shocking, but listen to me. The TV doesn't always tell the truth. It told me I could fly and I found out I couldn't, the hard way :cry:

Post subject:

Quote:

What? :?

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jan 2004
Notes left: 2232
Last seen at: In the tattered recesses of your very mind
Harry'sGirl wrote:
Quote:

What? :?

Psychosomatic is when something is created purely by the force of the mind, and not something outside. It's more commonly used for diseases, where a person essentially give themselves a disease (or rather symptoms of one) based on the will of their mind, kinda like how a placebo works...ugh...I don't think I'm explaining this well...

dictionary.com wrote:
psy·cho·so·mat·ic Audio pronunciation of "psychosomatic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sk-s-mtk)
adj.

1. Of or relating to a disorder having physical symptoms but originating from mental or emotional causes.
2. Relating to or concerned with the influence of the mind on the body, and the body on the mind, especially with respect to disease: psychosomatic medicine

So he's saying magic works because the mind says it does. Or believes it does. Which I agree with. Most religions are psychosomatic (in my opinion)

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Ulver09 wrote:
Bio, this may sound shocking, but listen to me. The TV doesn't always tell the truth. It told me I could fly and I found out I couldn't, the hard way :cry:

well, i am very sorry to say that i don't think i believe that the tv said "Ulver09, you can fly!!!" and if you think it did, it was probably some kind of delusion/hallucination

Post subject:

figurative speech.

You saw a documentary that said that gypsies have sex with bears. I once saw a show that said people with the will and mindpower could fly.

I did lie though, I didn't really jump off the roof. :lol:

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Yeah, dude, I know it was figurative speech, and I was just being a sarcastic asshole who nobody should have been taking seriously anyhow. I know I'm new here, but once people get to know me they find out that I am pretty cynical, sarcastic, and moreover very facetious about most things.

Please just tell me you were drunk or stoned when you decided to jump off the roof.

Post subject:

I was under the influence of Psylocybe and Soma when I did that.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Lol, gotta love those psychoactive, hallucinogenic plants and fungi, eh? Ever get ur hands on Peyote? How legal/illegal are these natural plants in ur state, anyhow? It's totally bogus that the government decides to come along and say "nature made a mistake, you cant use these plants, they are illegal and should not exist." It's bullshit.

Post subject:

Very, perhaps we should remain on topic our take our discussion elsewhere?

Post subject:

yeah, the "real life" religion is something more resembling of Kabbalah. Defenitely easier to come to this conclusion by going in depth with SH1 and SH3...

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Artemis panther, you did a fine job describing psychosomatics.
Now while I'm a christian and beleive all that stuff,but after my experience as being a "magician", I have a whole new look on things.
Such as, I now can tell for sure if a supposesed "ex-occultist" starts blabbing on about their experiences...in fact I get right pissed off because I know how much they are playing on people ignorances.
One of the biggest reasons I quit was when quite frankly I realized...
Wait a minute...I'm not visually seeing anything..my occultist friends say that even with a physical evocation you have to have your astral vision, and if they video record it you won't see anything, wtf?
all these little things that didn't make sense.
I then realized.
I'm not seeing anything or really hearing anything because I'm not in a trance...(I cannot get into a trance like state, i have tried many times to be hypnotized, but my mind is always racing)
The sad reality came to me and I accepted it.
I turned to this because I wanted to be something super special, not just the nerd I was.
I wanted to have something other people don't have.
I mean think about it, I could be friends with an ARCHANGEL!
I mean, seriously, how cool would that be?
But *poof*, my self delusion faded.
I realized that as a christian I gotta be happy with what I have, and it will be good once death comes (I realize how morbid this sounds).
Life ain't peachy, you gotta deal with that.
I believe the Bible, and even though it may sounds like a contradiction, its the fact that I look at things in another light, I realize that pretty much the "spiritual" aspect, you most likely will never see or hear (physically)
Blah I'm just rambling on......
point of the matter is, 99.999999% of magic out there is all about lying to yourself.
the other 0.000001% is probably stuff that no matter how hard someone tries to find it, they never will.
I spose you could call the real magic arcane. Definately nothing what nearly all people would have a grasp of, and never will.

Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
I feel awful...

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

hmm?

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jan 2004
Notes left: 2232
Last seen at: In the tattered recesses of your very mind
To preface, I'm atheist. So I don't believe in anything spiritual whatsoever. But religion (spiritualism, christianity and so forth), as with pretty much anything in life, can be contorted to real life to increase the "possibility" (belief, rather) that it's true. People pray, something good happens, thus they assume that by praying they made the good thing happen. It's self empowerment though a "greater" being. Which is funny, because a lot of the time it's that person's own will that made that good thing happen (depending on the situation of course) which would be better empowering. But nobody wants to think that we're alone, with no goal, destined to live and then die with no fanfare at all. All religions stress the presense of a god or greater purpose and that's what causes good things (or even bad things to happen) because they want so much for it to be true, than it will be true. Am I making much sense? I tend to babble a bit XD
So magick(to differenciate between magic tricks, like bunnies out of hats and such), prayer, miracles are all products of our minds will to believe that there's something else.

Am I right? No, no one's right in religion and in my opinion, who the hell cares if you believe that something happened because it happened, because god willed it (or you prayed), or that it was caused by a spell of yours/spirits/karma and on and on? Fact of the matter is always that it happened and cause it of little important. As I always say, whatever makes life easier to live is always the best belief for the individual.

But this is waaaay off topic XD

Post subject:

Whats the topic about?

People remember what they won't to remember, this is why some people think there horoscope is always right, they only remember when its right not when its wrong so when people with strong faith prays for something to happen, they will remember that and often forget when there prayers were not answered.

biomechanical, do not judge the whole by the actions of the few, there are circuses out there that do torture animals but the fact is the vast majority of people that are in the circus are not Gypsy and if there are Gypsies out there in a circus who are torturing animals that doesn't mean a thing about the rest of them.

The order seems to be paganism combined with Judeo-Christian beliefs, with the pagan gods replaced with angels from the Judeo-Christian traditions.

Post subject:

Listen,Bio.People around here tend to take something you say seriously,so hang back for a while and once your post gets up,people will respect you move and wont jump on you.A big thing in the forum is not to jump on people.Just keep that in mind while your on here.

A good thing can be atrubited to anything you want it to be.God ,angles ,the devil.whatever.That is why I have a good idea.Ideas are easy to change,belifes aren't.That is why I don't catorgorize myself with any religion.

I believe the whole,if you will it with your mind it will happen,but isn't this exactly what magick is.Willing something and it happening?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next