Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Dec 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2681 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Silent Hill 2&3 HD Collection

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1875
Last seen at: Los Angeles
Konami has just announced a new Silent Hill game for the NGP (next sony handheld) in their pre-e3 press conference video as well as SH2&3 in HD!

Silent Hill Portion of Pre-E3 Video
Watch on Youtube
Taken from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23561&start=0

Full Konami Pre-E3 Press Video
Watch on Gametrailers.com
Around 26 minute mark they start talking about Silent Hill.
It's the same content as the above youtube clip.

Links from Soam's threads:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... efinition/
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172284p1.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silent Hill: Collection
Silent Hill 2 & 3 released in HD
Watch on Youtube || 28:34 in gametrailer link

Taken from comments below-
redrum wrote:
According to Whitney, the remastering will be done by Hijinx Studios and Book of Memories will be a fully fledged game, the story is centred around 'The Book of Memories'
http://silenthillhistoricalsociety.com/?p=8239

Yoshata wrote:
I have to get this out: for those concerned about achievement/trophy notifications ruining your experience, you can turn off achievement notifications, and I'm pretty sure you can turn off trophy notifications as well. I will edit this post when I find out for sure... EDIT: Okay - you can't turn off trophy notifications. Sorry about that. =/ It personally doesn't bother me in the least, but I can understand why it does for others.

More Info:

-Konami re-recording all character audio
-$40 price point and to run at 720p
-First official screenshots released
-"HD" Collection releasing this September/October
-Now confirmed to be coming to 360 as well. Rejoice, 360 users!

Silent Hill: Book of Memories
New title for Sony's "Vita" (NGP)
Watch on Youtube || 28:40 in gametrailer link
Image taken from NeoGAF.

More Info:

-"Book of Memories" to Feature Multiplayer
-Team WayForward to Develop
-Book of Memories to have DLC support

Platform Release per Title

Silent Hill Collection only currently shows it will be released on PS3, but we may get information on any chance of a 360 release in the future. Keep watching!

Last edited by Typographenia on 15 May 2012, edited 28 times in total.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: Silent Hill 2&3 HD and Book of Memories

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 936
I just read about this on Destructoid, along with the Metal Gear collection

I have.....mixed thoughts, I replayed all the Silent Hills last year on my old SDtv and they still looked great, plus there's the problem that Team Silent is no more so it'll be someone else doing these "remasters", to me that's almost like messing with a director's original vision for a movie (sort of like the special editions of Star Wars for example)

I just worry about them doing stuff like removing the film grain effects, I mean the games were designed with SDtvs in mind

but I hope that I'm dead wrong and that these instead look incredible

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
That's awesome!

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 18 Aug 2005
Notes left: 283
Last seen at: Canada
I can already play SH3 on the pc with full 1080p widescreen... and it looks fantastic...very big difference! The only thing that looks out of date are some textures, but it still looks better than some newer games!

I also love how they are using that pic from the movie that was taken from a magazine... it was spread over 2 pages... so the great knife is messed up from the fold in the pages... it doesnt look like that in the movie.

You can get SH1 in 1080 but not widescreen using an emulator, and you can get SM doing 1080p using an emulator as well. SH2 on pc can goto 1280x1024, and SH4 can goto 1024x768...neither in widescreen.

It will be sweet to see that collection, though i doubt we will see it in pc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUApYMWbUPA

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Oh wow. Please don't make the cover of the game a promotional image from the movie. Especially not that one. It just feels so wrong on so many levels. I hope it gets a nice classy cover art. Subtlety, Konami. Please. Take a glance over SH2's cover art once more. Aim for something like that. :p

On the flip side, I actually quite like the Book of Memories logo. The font has a somewhat Origins meets Homecoming vibe, but like every font for Silent Hill, it's different in ways and it's own. However, what I really like are the font for "Book of Memories", the Halo of the Sun in the background, and most of all, the yellow color-scheme. A nice change, especially since I'm personally sick of the dark and grimy or blood red themes a lot of the games use. Silent Hill 2 used green to huge success. Just looking at the cover/logo sets you in the mood. I think the blue/ice logo of Shattered Memories was also nice. And so do I also think the yellow color of the Book of Memories logo is really great. Here is to hoping it doesn't change too much to something less original and cool before it's finished.

As for the things themselves. It's cool having a HD SH Collection. I guess it'll be neat to get Trophies for SH2 and SH3. But honestly I've played those games so many times I can't really get too thrilled about it. Would have liked to see SH1 on there too. Not even with new graphics if they don't want. Just to have something else on there.

And, well, obviously have nothing to say on Book of Memories until we know what the hell it even is.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 07 Feb 2010
Notes left: 430
Last seen at: California
How much difference is the HD going to make?
And too bad they aren't making the original in HD. :( And I'm talking about the first game with better graphics, not SM.

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Quote:

It'll sure as hell look a lot nicer. Of course, they're going to have to completely redo all of the textures, otherwise it's going to look like shit.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
I'm pretty bad at even really telling the difference when it comes to what is good HD and not. I mean, I was blown away by Final Fantasy XIII on a HDTV and all, but I honestly can't tell the difference between Tomb Raider Legend on PS2 and Tomb Raider Legend HD on the PS3 Collection. It looks exactly the same to me. Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in the Silent Hill Collection is that it'll be two less games I need to unhook my PS3 and hook up my PS2 to play.

Subway Guard

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
Big news. Good, I was waiting for this.
Like some of you I would have liked to see SH1 into the mix too, but the collection is already really good.
And a new game? Hell yeah.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 17 Aug 2008
Notes left: 53
Last seen at: CA
Why the fuck isn't The Room included in this? Maybe it couldn't fit all on one disc, but still...

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 28 Feb 2006
Notes left: 731
Last seen at: Australia
Anyone know if it's being released for Xbox360?

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 936
AgentX7k wrote:

it is

one thing I'm not too crazy about is the achievements/trophies, I mean do we really want to be in the middle of Silent Hill 2 and 3 and hear that intrusive "bloop bloop" sound? it reminds you that you're playing a game

well they're not as annoying on the PS3, which is the one I'm getting, so maybe it wont be a big deal

alone in the town wrote:
Quote:

It'll sure as hell look a lot nicer. Of course, they're going to have to completely redo all of the textures, otherwise it's going to look like shit.

ummmmmmm, not really

have you ever played an older PC game at 1920 1980? it makes them look great, even if the graphics are dated

so the only way Silent Hill 2 and 3 would look like shit in HD is if the graphics were shit to begin with, which they most certianly are not (as a matter of fact the graphics in 3 can go toe to toe with many modern games)

Do not double post, use the edit button. -Amy

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
I own two versions of Origins, so I guess it'd be insulting if I had only one copy of the series at its zenith.

Since this is all about graphics, the star of this show would be SH3, even though my esteem for SH2 is higher. Heather and her nasty world would benefit the most... and I'd sure love to see more detail.

As for the new portable game, I guess I'll have to find somewhere creepy to play it. Hopefully, it's better than Origins. If the subtitle isn't a mean trick, this means some delving into that Book of Lost Memories. That could be extremely awesome, or the worst thing ever.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 28 Feb 2006
Notes left: 731
Last seen at: Australia
Doo-glas wrote:
AgentX7k wrote:
one thing I'm not too crazy about is the achievements/trophies, I mean do we really want to be in the middle of Silent Hill 2 and 3 and hear that intrusive "bloop bloop" sound? it reminds you that you're playing a game

That occured to me. It's not a big deal with games I've already finished but it can be intrusive in games that rely on atmosphere and being immersed. There should be an option to keep achievements/trohpies silent.

Sucks that SH1 won't be on it since it's not available on Xbox in any form (unlike PS3)

Subway Guard

Missing since: 22 Aug 2010
Notes left: 1587
Book of Memories has, with one promo screen, gotten me more excited than Downpour. I agree with Nanayashiki about the new color scheme, it works.

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1875
Last seen at: Los Angeles
alone in the town wrote:
Of course, they're going to have to completely redo all of the textures, otherwise it's going to look like shit.

Let's hope not. Some of the original assets may have been high enough quality that they just scaled it down for the game.
Although, it's going to be a miracle if they actually have most of that stuff still hanging around somewhere.

CodenameJ wrote:
Why the fuck isn't The Room included in this? Maybe it couldn't fit all on one disc, but still...

Like I mentioned elsewhere, it's likely just Konami taking a practical look at the series. People are hardcore about SH2/3 but the audience that actually liked 4 was much smaller. Why spend the extra resources, time, and man power on a game that only a much smaller number of people would actually be really excited about?

I really want to know who Konami has set in charge of the HD updates. It will be interesting to see if it's in-house or if they outsource it to another 3rd party like they've been doing. I would imagine in-house would make more sense, as they likely still have the original materials there, but who knows?

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
Don't really care about SH3 but am very excited to see SH2 in HD!

I don't see myself getting the new Sony hand held especially not for just one game.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 23 Dec 2006
Notes left: 821
Last seen at: Blackpool UK
I'm getting the PS Vita for sure now lol, also Book of Memories will be a game and not anything along the lines of "The Silent Hill Experience" apparently

Gravedigger

Missing since: 23 Aug 2009
Notes left: 556
Last seen at: Shropshire, UK
book of memories whats that about exactly?

Subway Guard

Missing since: 01 Mar 2004
Notes left: 1649
Last seen at: Canada, Ontario
Saw this on gametrailer's Konami's e3 early show, I was amazed, and even though I have both I'll buy these too. I'm just hoping it won't be modified models that are like Homecoming's monsters, if they make all the original characters instead of making them more movie based like Homecoming was, it will be amazing seeing that. Ex. Using Movie Pyramid Head, Nurses, and like changing Heather's look or anyone for that matter to more like the movie ones, voice actors, cutscenes, sounds because they're older wonder if Akira's sound effects still used? etc. (Actors resemblances) ya never know seen it before, remakes could be like this which would make them look off, we'll see hmm.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2681 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next