Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 31 Oct 2014

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies (inc. Silent Hill)

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4079
Last seen at: Your Special Place
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118048190

Quote:
Chiller is also booking new specials -- AEP Media's "Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies" features Katrina Weidmanan, who appeared on "Paranormal State" on A&E. The show looks into the true stories that inspired horror flicks including "Silent Hill," "The Amityville Horror," "The Mothman Prophecies" and "Poltergeist."

Looks as though it'll be an October airing. USers - make sure someone records it for the rest of us to watch! :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2013 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies (inc. Silent Hill

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 4918
Y'know, I know I'm about to say something off-topic, but when I saw the title, I thought it'd be something like:

"Yeah, you players of Silent Hill think you know what scary is, but just wait 'til you get a job making movies. Now that shit will make your genitals shrivel away in fear!"

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3270
Last seen at: Kentucky
Oh, wonderful Vixx. I come online to see this. You have certainly made my day! I definitely will try my best to record it, or atleast find a link to watch it online (My good friend knows a site where you can watch all American channels online and I think you can in other countries, as well).

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3035
That's pretty neat. I'm assuming it's just going to be talking about Centralia, which is a pretty interesting story, I'll admit. But hearing over and over how Silent Hill has a coal mine fire would make me too annoyed to watch it. I know, I'm childish and still can't get over a movie adaptation from 6 years ago, but really I just have no desire to see more about the non-SH influences the movie had.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 09 Apr 2009
Notes left: 412
It just weirds me out how many people I come across who have never heard of the videogame series that ask, "Hey have you seen this crazy horror movie called Silent HIll???" Then I always feel bad for them after I rant on and on about how great the games are.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3035
I do that too, only I don't feel bad, I enjoy their annoyed looks of "oh god i shouldnt have asked"

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4079
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I believe this is airing tonight (Sunday 11 March 2012) in the US. Do let us know here if anyone knows (legally) where those outside of the US might be able to view it.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2013 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.