Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Aug 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
Weren't we talking about Kojima making a 'Silent Hill' game?

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
He's not making one. So unless you'd rather the thread be locked, it's gone in a different direction.

Subway Guard

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
That's the logical outcome. Lock it or go back on topic.
Someone can even create a thread for whatever it was you guys were talking about for the last 3 pages.

As I've said before, it's not too unlikely that, assuming Kojima's FOX Engine turns out good, we'll see a future Silent Hill game running on it.
It's obvious that Kojima himself is not working on a Silent Hill game at the moment and won't work on one in the near future. I mean, he's currently involved in 3 different projects.

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Topics and threads of conversation evolve. We've never locked a thread before for getting off-topic; it's a waste of server bandwidth.

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7982
Last seen at: Nowhere
Sure, make another thread that no one will care about.

Besides, getting off-topic isn't so bad. Sometimes a topic NEEDS to get outside it's main discussion to flourish. Not saying that's the case right now. (But that discussion was quite annoying, I shall add).

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 3634
Last seen at: Federative Republic of Butts
Topic is fine as it is, there is always this one if you don't like the discussion in here.

Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 3358
Apparently after showing off the FOX Engine at PAX Kojima said in his panel there might be a Silent Hill game in the future with FOX Engine. So it sounds like it's been taken a bit more beyond the twitter suggestion stage.

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11978
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Given how amazing the FOX Engine looks, I am positively aroused by a serious suggestion that a Silent Hill game may be coming on it.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 24 Nov 2011
Notes left: 398
Yeah, likely he'll just allow other divisions of Konami to use the FOX engine than work on Silent Hill himself. Especially considering all the work he's doing with MGS. According to him, Ground Zeroes is just the prologue to MGS5 and Ground Zeroes hasn't even released yet. Then there's that new ZOE game coming out at some point which his team or other employees of Kojima Productions will likely work on. So he's going to be preoccupied with his own projects for a while.

While it would be nice to see him tackle something other than MGS (not to mention being able to avoid giving Konami the stigma of being "The Metal Gear company), I'd rather see work on a new IP rather than Silent Hill.

Augophthalmoses wrote:
While it would be nice to see him tackle something other than MGS (not to mention being able to avoid giving Konami the stigma of being "The Metal Gear company), I'd rather see work on a new IP rather than Silent Hill.

Word is that he's still producing a new game 'Project Ogre' that according to CVG is not Ground Zeroes.

FOX is planned as an internal company wide engine for Konami, so it'll be to that company what Frosbite is to EA, or what MTFramework is to Capcom.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 24 Nov 2011
Notes left: 398
Well, not only company wide but multiplatform as well and also for next generation consoles as well. It's not finished yet though, but Kojima did state it is nearing completion.

Watched the Pax Panel. He does go out of his way to hint that Silent Hill may be made on the engine. They tweak the engine as they go along, so both Ground Zeroes and Project Ogre, which apaprently Kojima confirmed on twitter is not Ground Zeroes, are being amde simultaneously on it. RISING was also being made on it untilt he project was given to Platinum Games who used their Bayonetta/Vanquish engine.

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1241
Droo wrote:
Given how amazing the FOX Engine looks, I am positively aroused by a serious suggestion that a Silent Hill game may be coming on it.

Yeah...that MGS trailer was stunning...i would love to see a high end SH game made with that engine...that would be simply.....amazing. And make it on current consoles...

I would like to hope that maybe Konami is going to give the series the TLC it needs, by making a high-profile installment on the FOX Engine, and actually promoting it as well. To show they mean business, they could call it Silent Hill 5 as well.

If all this is true, it could be a good time to be a Silent Hill fan again.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Gravedigger

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
I'd like to think Konami are just as jaded as the fanbase when it comes to Silent Hill.

You'd like to think that?

I bet you're fun to have around at parties. :P

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Heh, wonder if there'll be time to make one for the current consoles. Ground Zeroes could be the last current gen metal gear as MGS'5' would definitely move to next gen years from now. With Project Ogre also in development, would Kojima have time to assemble a team to make a game? His team will no doubt be doing MGS5 and ZOE3. Which likely means if a Silent Hill game is inevitably made on FOX, it'll most likely be a PS4/neXtbox title... though technically it could still be a multi-generational game coming out on PS4 and PS3. Though knowing me I would want the next-gen version , and I think I'd prefer it if they focused their art department to take advantage of one generation of consoles so as to avoid big discrepancies, as a lot will depend on the game's look and design more so than other games.

If we want it during this generation, at best they better start soon so as to make it out by at least very late 2014, which will given them at least 2 years to make something decent and still be relatively early in the next gen cycle not to matter too much.

Best plan right now is to keep bombarding Kojima with requests and wishes to see Silent Hill done back at Konami on FOX, that how the whole ZOE thing got going and they're already at the early conceptual stages though it's not green lit yet. It'd be awesome for them to announce development of a new game on FOX around the time of the movie's release to build hype!

I think it'd be smart for them to drop it on current systems. It'l still make sense for them financially....the engine is ready to go and the costs would be cheaper for them to develop on current systems. there might be interest for the next gen systems when they start talking about them, but support for the 360/ps3 gen is not going to drop when the new systems are announced.

Especially when you can get stellar visuals like the kind seen in that MGS trailer....it's going to be a slow start for the Sony and MS which i presume are going to be charging what 300-500 for the next console?...and imagine development costs on the new systems?

I personally think they are rushing too soon into next gen....this gen still has alot of life left in it, if folks continue to support it...i just don't see anybody lining up to drop at least 4-500 bucks on a console from the mainstream customers at this point...the global economy is still struggling and i don't think the gaming world could stomach such high prices for consoles again...at least not in the short term...especially if this gen continues to churn out quality titles.

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
Sony nearly broke themselves with the PS3 at first. Also, developers are already to afraid to try really new things due to extremely high production costs, but if they want to make everything worse while they've yet to push the PS3, then it's their downfall.

Silent Fantasy wrote:
Sony nearly broke themselves with the PS3 at first. Also, developers are already to afraid to try really new things due to extremely high production costs, but if they want to make everything worse while they've yet to push the PS3, then it's their downfall.

Exactly!...i remember reading an article where some guy from ubisoft i believe was making statements that this generation has been pushed to it's limit and there is no room for innovation, we need more power and processing to innovate..

I don't understand how you can NOT innovate with today's system's....i understand that you could probably do some things visually and perhaps level wise in terms of how big it is with more powerful systems, but i fail to see how you can't try something new with the current systems...it just sounds a bit lazy.

"Remember Me", "The new MGS" "Tomb Raider" "Last of Us"...I even thought ME3, Batman AC and Uncharted3...was stellar (in terms of visuals)....taking it a step further...look at independent games like Limbo....simple, yet a game that innovated, the game had an unique look and was just a simple platformer...ok maybe it didn't innovate as in seeing something new, but the overall look was something that caught everybody's eye at the time.

Geez, i didn't want to write a book but my point was that even with those independent titles that are working with waaay lower budgets still manage to create unique games and push the industry with their innovative games and ideas..."Journey" is another one that comes to mind...

Last edited by clips on 06 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next