Silent Hill Heaven
http://silenthillforum.com/

kojima hinting silent-hill-game
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24982
Page 1 of 8

Author:  Shadowgate [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I hope it is on the way.

http://www.thebitbag.com/2012/08/15/hid ... hill-game/

Author:  Agent of God [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Once they develop the FOX Engine it'll probably be used by other teams too. It's not too unlikely that we'll see a future SH game on it. I highly doubt Kojima himself would make a SH game, though.

Author:  PoemOfTheLastMoment [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I would love for Hideo Kojima to make a silent hill game. And considering that members of team Silent are working at Kojima productions, it will turn out to be a proper Silent hill game.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/irmvpe

Author:  Hydra666 [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

http://www.oxm.co.uk/44818/hideo-kojima ... hill-game/

I feel like my whole body is having multiple orgasms.

Quote:
Enemy doesn't have to be a lot or move fast. It only requires scariness by graphics and presentation.


Exactly. 8)

Author:  Garmonbozey [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Please please please please please please please Santa.

Author:  Hydra666 [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

That would be the best gift ever. Finally, a quality SH game after all those long years.

Author:  AuraTwilight [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I'd really rather not, but it's not like I'm turn him down either.

Author:  Wigeke [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

As long as he gets as far away as possible from writing the game.

Author:  silenthell88 [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

advertising that engine much?

It'd be great to see him have a go at it.

Author:  Hydra666 [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I really like what he said in the interview, the fact that he would make the game scary and atmospheric.

Author:  NanayaShiki [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Guys, he's just posting on twitter that he thinks Silent Hill would look good on the Fox Engine, he's not hinting at working on it. If you look, the whole thing started because he was watching the movie. It just happened to be on his mind.

I'd rather the series stay in the hands of those who are making it right now anyway. They have a pretty good track record with Shattered Memories and Downpour. As for using the Fox Engine or having Kojima Productions develop it as opposed to random studios, eh, it's worth a try, I suppose.

Author:  Hydra666 [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

NanayaShiki wrote:
Guys, he's just posting on twitter that he thinks Silent Hill would look good on the Fox Engine


http://www.oxm.co.uk/44818/hideo-kojima ... hill-game/

Author:  Garmonbozey [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Hydra666 wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
Guys, he's just posting on twitter that he thinks Silent Hill would look good on the Fox Engine


http://www.oxm.co.uk/44818/hideo-kojima ... hill-game/

Am I missing something? That's the same exact info but with a misleadingly different title.

Author:  Mephisto [ 15 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I like Kojima but I hope that's not true. Won't explain again, just check for the other 5 or 6 threads about the subject...

Author:  jdnation [ 16 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Kojima is developing a new in house engine for Kojima Productions that will likely also be utilized throughout Konami.

This is good as Kojima, whatever you think of his writing and what not (He himself says he's not trying to be any kind of high brow artist) I'd take Kojima over 90% of anyone in the video game industry.

Kojima is an awesome producer however, and under his supervision, Silent Hill could be awesome in the right internal team he could put together. hopefully with FOX, Kojima will assemble the old Silent Hill staff that remains and we'll get a good graphical and polished game made by a dev house with talent.

Author:  Agent of God [ 16 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Which members of Team Silent are working on KojiPro? I only know that Suguru Murakoshi worked on MGS4.

Author:  Augophthalmoses [ 16 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

I just fucking knew this was going to get spread like wildfire and blown out of proportion. Nothing about that or the other links I've seen verifies that he is in any way working on Silent Hill. It's just an offhand comment saying "X game would look good with FOX engine. Somebody should make it." He'll probably allow other divisions of Konami to use the engine, but that doesn't mean he'll be working on it himself.

That's like the time people got their hopes up of a new Snatcher installment when he made a statement saying it would be nice to see an open world Snatcher game.

Besides, if fans were going complaining about retcons in Silent Hill already (and Silent Hill isn't even that bad about them unless you're some obsessive compulsive maniac), they're probably going to throw a temper tantrum if Kojima were to get a hold of it. That and the fact that he's more focused and influenced by Western gameplay design. How that would work into Silent Hill would remain to be seen, but there is the chance it wouldn't sit well with fans.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for giving the SH fans a big, fat middle finger because of how goddamned whiny and entitled they are. But there is a chance of some negative decisions involved with Silent Hill if Kojima is involved especially if he were writing the story.

Author:  NanayaShiki [ 16 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Hydra666 wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
Guys, he's just posting on twitter that he thinks Silent Hill would look good on the Fox Engine


http://www.oxm.co.uk/44818/hideo-kojima ... hill-game/

That doesn't contradict what I've said at all. Don't look at the hyperbole from websites trying to get hits. Look at just the things he actually said. Nowhere does he say he is thinking about making a Silent Hill game. He said he was watching the movie and thought the series would work well with his engine. It's an off-hand comment a dude made on twitter.

Author:  Falconv1.0 [ 17 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Quote:
Enemy doesn't have to be a lot or move fast. It only requires scariness by graphics and presentation.


I don't understand this stance, so you're saying the monster can be easy to avoid but if it's well presented it's scary? I feel like I played that experiment named SH2, it wasn't actually that scary, enemy wise, I mean. This attitude just makes me think of how people defended the awful combat saying OH UR CHARACTER ISN'T A FIGHTER AND IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE COMBAT ORIENTED. B-but it's not like I ever felt weak packing a dickton of ammo and being able to avoid these enemies that all did the same thing in practice, at most I felt incredibly frustrated. Frustration kinda keeps me from actually being scared or, lol, actually enjoying the game.

Not to say all the enemies in the game have to be fast but it does in fact need some kind of element outside of "presentation", unless you're super spineless and gullible at which point, uh, good luck have fun inside. Course, this is the generation where people are apparently mad that Dead Space 3 will have co op cuz it will "kill the horror", implying that people were scared of that game.

:|

Author:  Augophthalmoses [ 17 Aug 2012 ]
Post subject:  Re: kojima hinting silent-hill-game

Which is why the series will never be able to progress in terms of gameplay because people keep clinging onto wanting the same thing over and over. "B-b-b-bbut NOT SCARY UNELSS PROTAG IS TEH PBUMLBING IDIOTS!!! ISOLATION!!! IMMERSION!! CANON!!! B AB AHBA BHA- seriously, those excuses are so tired and dated. Then you bring up stuff like the numerous amount of ammo in the game, SH3 & 4's gameplay enhancements and it usually going in some circle consisting of contrived excuses of how it's all subtle or downplayed in contrast to the newer games and blah blah blah.

Silent Hill has had plenty of slow enemies especially of the bipedal type. They could use not only new monster designs, but monsters that have new ways of attacking rather and interacting with the player rather than just hitting the character. Such as a monster that teleport or one that actually has some speed. That's another area in which you can look to horror novels and films for inspiration. Don't want the game to be too unbalanced? Simply put a handful of them in the game. Presentation factor for monsters is good and all, but they do need other elements outside of that to actually make them imposing as look alone can only carry them so far. PH's boss fight in the apt complex likely wouldn't have been as scary for some players if it weren't for the fact that he had a big ass knife and was invincible.

Plus, you can remedy the fear of people crying of "immersion and isolation being ruined!" by having multiple difficulty levels. Hell, even throw in the bullet adjust option and allow players to make the game as hard or as easy as they want.

But the moment you start bringing up ideas like this then people throw a five alarm temper tantrum saying "It's not RESIDNET EVIL!!!!" or some shit like that. So Silent Hill has to be stuck in this limbo of average to mediocre gameplay visual novel because you can't take any innovative risks with the gameplay without any fans bitching. That's what happens when you have too many fans that are absorbed into all other aspects of Silent Hill that they forget it's a vide game first and foremost. And new gameplay ideas can lend themselves well to horror. SH4 had that novel idea with the room concept, but never fulfilled its full potential sadly.

Page 1 of 8 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/