Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 14 Dec 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Incubus vs Pyramid Head vs Amnion vs Valtiel

Missing since: 04 Aug 2016
Notes left: 36
(Joke question) Who would win in a battle between all of them? Lightning vs Heavy sword vs large metal spider legs vs being ugly.
(I know that none of these creatures can really fight each other, as they are all manifestations of parts of the individuals or groups of people that brought them into existence. However, humor me and tell me which monster you think would step/fly out of the arena?)

Which creature did you find the most frightening? Why?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Incubus vs Pyramid Head vs Amnion vs Valtiel

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Probably Pyramid Head through the sheer fact that he only dies if he decides to do it himself.

Just Passing Through

AuraTwilight wrote:
Probably Pyramid Head through the sheer fact that he only dies if he decides to do it himself.

True, I believe he's also the only "unkillable" one out of the other three mentioned here. Although we don't really know about Valtiel. Anyway, which of these four did you find the most frightening?

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 639
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Pyramid Head without a doubt. You can't kill him with bullets, he doesn't give a shit and the only time he 'dies' is when it's time for him to stab himself in the throat because that's how he rolls.

Valtiel is completely passive apparently, but he's hard to speak for since we don't actually know what he's capable of (if anything at all). He did rip Claudia through that floor, which was pretty savage though.

Amnion dies by bullets so meh.

Incubus also died by bullets so also meh. Also dies if you have no bullets, so despite being godly it's not doing an especially good job of it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 30 Jan 2011
Notes left: 250
Last seen at: Gnashville, TN
Hm... Well, if we're going "unkillable", part of Valtiel's whole deal is resurrection, so I'd say he at least ties with Pyramid Head on that front. But PH does have the Great Knife, whereas I've never seen Valtiel with a weapon so...

As for Incubus, the Order tried and failed to keep it alive for at least 3 games, so the others have it beat soundly.

Scariest? I'm tempted to say PH, but Valtiel almost ties him again. Just the fact that Valtiel's such an unknown adds a lot of weird anxiety to his appearance in SH3. Kind of a toss-up.

Just Passing Through

Don, Aman wrote:
Hm... Well, if we're going "unkillable", part of Valtiel's whole deal is resurrection, so I'd say he at least ties with Pyramid Head on that front. But PH does have the Great Knife, whereas I've never seen Valtiel with a weapon so...

As for Incubus, the Order tried and failed to keep it alive for at least 3 games, so the others have it beat soundly.

Scariest? I'm tempted to say PH, but Valtiel almost ties him again. Just the fact that Valtiel's such an unknown adds a lot of weird anxiety to his appearance in SH3. Kind of a toss-up.

Fair point. I personally find Valtiel to be more disturbing due to how he moves about and "interacts" with Heather. However, the concept and role of Pyramid Head himself is more terrifying in my opinion. A silent executioner who kills monster and human alike? *shudders*

Just Passing Through

Tabris wrote:
Pyramid Head without a doubt. You can't kill him with bullets, he doesn't give a shit and the only time he 'dies' is when it's time for him to stab himself in the throat because that's how he rolls.

Valtiel is completely passive apparently, but he's hard to speak for since we don't actually know what he's capable of (if anything at all). He did rip Claudia through that floor, which was pretty savage though.

Amnion dies by bullets so meh.

Incubus also died by bullets so also meh. Also dies if you have no bullets, so despite being godly it's not doing an especially good job of it.

Fair enough. I'm surprised more people didn't go with Valtiel or the Incubus.

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
Tabris wrote:

He's also inside Walter's mind. So we kinda know what he's capable of.
I know that, perhaps, just maybe, he didn't got up there by choice (because of the priests) but he is like a guide to him.

Come to think of it, he's kind of a weakling. Couldn't force his way outside. Or perhaps that's just how he rolls. Intelligence over brute force. He commands, Walter obeys. That's more like it. Valtiel could be the winner of that fight.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 30 Jan 2011
Notes left: 250
Last seen at: Gnashville, TN
^ Actually, the Order sneaked Valtiel into Walter's mind when he was a child, but by the time he attempted to finish the 21 Sacraments, Valtiel was gone. Here's an interesting thread about it if anyone's interested. But if I had to pick, I'd say Valtiel over PH, too. He seems much more intrinsically tied to the powers at work in Silent Hill.

Subway Guard

Missing since: 02 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1509
Last seen at: Colombia
No Marya?

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7971
Last seen at: Nowhere
Don, Aman wrote:
^ Actually, the Order sneaked Valtiel into Walter's mind when he was a child, but by the time he attempted to finish the 21 Sacraments, Valtiel was gone. Here's an interesting thread about it if anyone's interested. But if I had to pick, I'd say Valtiel over PH, too. He seems much more intrinsically tied to the powers at work in Silent Hill.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Walter commited suicide inside the prison. Plus, I never really gave much thought about what happened to Valtiel afterwards, to be honest.

But yeah, my point remains. He'd be the winner.

Gravedigger

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
Valtiel is the saintly being closest to God. He's the guide to the Otherworld and he's able to ressurect shit. I think it's fair to say he wins the day.

Just Passing Through

mikefile wrote:
Valtiel is the saintly being closest to God. He's the guide to the Otherworld and he's able to ressurect shit. I think it's fair to say he wins the day.

But seeing as how God, just like PH and every other creature in Silent Hill, is only a manifestation. Then technically being the greatest servant of a being that doesn't actually exist doesn't mean you'd win in a battle. My bet is back on for Pyramid Head.