Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Sep 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Whitch monsters are the worse SH 4 or Downpour.

Missing since: 23 Nov 2016
Notes left: 7
Witch monsters was the worst for the series. In terms of the those two games.
SH 4 The Room and Downpour.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Whitch monsters are the worse SH 4 or Downpour.

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3195
Last seen at: United States, Texas
For art design?

Because Downpour wins on that front. Seriously, grey dudes in black pants punching me is the best they could come up with?

Until you are near

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 27 Nov 2016
Notes left: 89
Last seen at: In my own world
aj4x94 wrote:
For art design?

Because Downpour wins on that front. Seriously, grey dudes in black pants punching me is the best they could come up with?

The monster idea was pretty bad, they could've added more detail and more monster types instead of the five or six they had throughout it all. The graphics though were very good compared to Homecoming"s....at least to me.

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3195
Last seen at: United States, Texas
It's been said before, but I just didn't like how humanoid most of the Downpour monsters were. I actually like a lot of the monster designs from Homecoming with the sole exception of the Order Soldiers.

Until you are near

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 623
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
I like a few of the monsters in Downpour. But they're nothing in comparison to the rest of the series.

SH4 is definitely superior, though they were kind of weak as well.

Since it's been mentioned, Homecoming had quite a few really awesome designs. The best out of these three.

Just Passing Through

Tabris wrote:
I like a few of the monsters in Downpour. But they're nothing in comparison to the rest of the series.

SH4 is definitely superior, though they were kind of weak as well.

Since it's been mentioned, Homecoming had quite a few really awesome designs. The best out of these three.

One enemy that wasn't weak....Ghosts

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7952
Last seen at: Nowhere
The best enemies of SH4 are the Twin Victim's and the "Super" Ghosts (Jasper, Braintree, etc). The best enemies for Downpour are those Glass Dolls, or whatever the fuck it is, and the ghost police cars.

Apart from them nothing really spectacular, really. Tough decision because, in the end, both of them are very uninspired.

And yeah, best design goes to Homecoming hands down. I've been saying that for years.

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1234
Mephisto wrote:
The best enemies of SH4 are the Twin Victim's and the "Super" Ghosts (Jasper, Braintree, etc). The best enemies for Downpour are those Glass Dolls, or whatever the fuck it is, and the ghost police cars.

Apart from them nothing really spectacular, really. Tough decision because, in the end, both of them are very uninspired.

And yeah, best design goes to Homecoming hands down. I've been saying that for years.

I agree...Homecoming had some of thee best designs to date...Siam, The helldescent level and the haunted house level and all of the bosses was done impressively well.

I liked the doll creatures in Downpour as well, but i really wasn't big on the ghost police cars...idk, the buildup was good, but then i think the car just bumps into you, then the screen blinks for a second and then monsters everywhere.

I liked the concept because i was getting nervous when it would start to rain and get darker, i think you also heard the police siren in the background?...idk it's been years, but it seemed like the monsters was coming out of that small volkswagon beetle that you see at the circus when there are 20 people coming out of it... :mrgreen: ...

I just thought it could've been done a little better....i agree wit SH4 monsters as well...those Twin monsters are really disturbing when you first see them... :)

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4642
Last seen at: Colorado
Downpour. SH4's weren't great, but some of them were a little more clever and I just found most of Downpour's to be painfully bad. In Downpour I only liked the final boss, and kind of the weeping bats. Oh, well, wait a minute, I did like the wall monster things, but it's not like those were entirely new.

Both Downpour and SH4 had an enemy that annoyed the EVER LOVING SHIT out of me: the screamers and the ghosts. I've called them so many bad names during gameplay. :lol:

I don't know if it really matters which of these games had the worst monster designs. Neither of them are going to win for the best, that's for sure.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4169
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I think Silent Hill 4 has some of the best creature designs of the lot, second only to SH2. Seriously! The twins? Shudder.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 623
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
I just wish the twins made the noises they did in the trailer. Made them infinitely creepier.

But they are one of the creepiest in the series. The way they point at you and follow you as you move is creepy as hell too. And the lore behind them is fucked the fuck up. Poor kids.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4169
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Tabris wrote:
The way they point at you and follow you as you move is creepy as hell too. And the lore behind them is fucked the fuck up. Poor kids.

Yup yup. I think SH4 is grossly underrated most of the time.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Just Passing Through

Vixx wrote:
Tabris wrote:
The way they point at you and follow you as you move is creepy as hell too. And the lore behind them is fucked the fuck up. Poor kids.

Yup yup. I think SH4 is grossly underrated most of the time.

I agree, a lot of Silent Hill fans shoot it down, dunno why though