Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 13 Dec 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Pyramid Head coming to Super Bomberman R

Missing since: 27 Nov 2016
Notes left: 117
Alexius Corvinus wrote:
Now that loot boxes and micro transactions are a thing in full priced games, maybe Konami will get in on the action. It would be like virtual pachinko.

Silent Hill Survive-PS4, XB1 and Switch. Hit the (virtual) lever!
Castlevania Survive, same platforms, now with even more Erotic Violence!

Never realized Konami was such a pioneer. Exemplar!

Seriously, Fuck Konami!

I wish that they did go back to Silent Hill, I mean they would have so many new and old fans probably more than those pachinko games. A lot of people would be shocked yet happy...of course as long as the game isn't a slap to the face and the fandom doesn't get angry. I think a new and good Silent Hill game would bring them in more money, besides I would die for a new SH game lol

Gravedigger

Missing since: 16 Aug 2014
Notes left: 512
Well, if they had a new Silent Hill game for home consoles, even with microtransactions, I might give it a try.

Gravedigger

Well, if they had a new Silent Hill game for home consoles, even with microtransactions, I might give it a try.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 713
Last seen at: Quebec, Canada
I can just see it now.

"The Otherworld too difficult for you? Pay $3.99 to access exclusive content and become Pyramid Head for a limited time to chase Alessa away!"

Gravedigger

Tabris wrote:
I can just see it now.

"The Otherworld too difficult for you? Pay $3.99 to access exclusive content and become Pyramid Head for a limited time to chase Alessa away!"

lol! I just hope Konami doesn’t fully catch on to the idea of loot boxes...oops, too late.

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Tabris wrote:
I can just see it now.

Lol. I guess it would be more like unlocking better weapons such as an unlimited machine gun for $3.99, that would normally be unlocked after receiving a high star ranking.

It would kill the whole atmosphere though.

Hope House Careworker

Jonipoon wrote:
Tabris wrote:
I can just see it now.

Lol. I guess it would be more like unlocking better weapons such as an unlimited machine gun for $3.99, that would normally be unlocked after receiving a high star ranking.

If you've seen the pachinko machine then you'd know they don't give a flying fuck about atmosphere. Holy shit that thing is shiny aneurysm machine.

And if they can make an extra $4 off the players they'll turn Silent Hill into a Hello Kitty sponsored rainbow hellhouse of of horrors.

Ground Zeroes alone proves they don't have a goddamn fucking clue what made the games so incredible to begin with. They are going to be so puzzled when that game sells like 3 copies.

Gravedigger

Tabris wrote:
Jonipoon wrote:
Tabris wrote:
I can just see it now.

If you've seen the pachinko machine then you'd know they don't give a flying fuck about atmosphere. Holy shit that thing is shiny aneurysm machine.

And if they can make an extra $4 off the players they'll turn Silent Hill into a Hello Kitty sponsored rainbow hellhouse of of horrors.

Ground Zeroes alone proves they don't have a goddamn fucking clue what made the games so incredible to begin with. They are going to be so puzzled when that game sells like 3 copies.

Hello Kitty! LMFAO! So true, and so hilarious, yet truly sad at the same time.

Gravedigger

Tabris wrote:
Jonipoon wrote:
Tabris wrote:
I can just see it now.

Hello Kitty! LMFAO! So true, and so hilarious, yet truly sad at the same time.

Hope House Careworker

Ugh and to correct myself, I so didn't mean 'Ground Zeroes' I definitely meant Metal Gear Survive.

-1 Tabris points right here. I am sorry Kojima-san.

Gravedigger

You mean a Silent Hill game with a multiplayer mode?

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Alexius Corvinus wrote:
You mean a Silent Hill game with a multiplayer mode?

That would be the worst idea ever. One of the main themes in Silent Hill is the sense of desolation, which is best experienced by yourself - alone.

Psychological horror, which I feel Silent Hill is mostly about, is something that you can't share with other players in a multiplayer mode. How scary would SH2 be if you were walking in the labyrinth with 3 of your friends, equipped with 1 chainsaw each? How scary would the possessed room in the SH4 be if you were talking through a headset with another player right next to you?

A false multiplayer system, however, would be an interesting approach to take in the survival horror genre. Enter a game where you think you're playing together with other online players, but as the game progresses you realize that they're not real.... this sort of thing could mess with your head in very disturbing ways.

Gravedigger

That’s not what I meant but you’re right.

Gravedigger

Super Bomberman is supposedly now being rated for the PS4.