Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Nov 2017

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Whatever happened to the digital only manga?

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 936
It's been ten years since two Japan only mangas were released for cell phones, Cage of Cradle and Double Under Dusk.

These two manga were written by Hiroyuki Owaku and illustrated by Masahiro Ito, so needless to say as a Silent Hill fan that's like catnip and given the timeline of the 2007 release, it seems like the final Silent Hill project of any of the "real" members of Team Silent.

So whatever happened to them? Why were they never released in physical format and translated into English? Are they even still available in any way in Japan to this day? Are have they been lost to time?

It seems like a damn shame because again, Hiroyuki Owaku and Masahiro Ito! In fact Double Under Dusk is especially fascinating to me as it plotline seems to be what a Team Silent developed Silent Hill 5 would have been like.

I'm assuming Masahiro Ito has an archive of them, especially since he's posted a few panels to his Twitter, while obviously there's legal issues I really think the guy should do his fans a solid and release them, would Konami honestly care?

it just pains to me to think I may never have an opportunity in my life to read them.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject: Re: Whatever happened to the digital only manga?

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 633
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
I feel the pain here. I would really, really like (and happily purchase) an English version of these. But sadly it seems it will never happen.

Which sucks because most of the comics are non-canon trash (minus Waltz's stuff which I loved).