Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Oct 2018

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Brings back some memories...

Missing since: 11 Dec 2009
Notes left: 371
Last seen at: Lakeview Hotel
Visiting this place after years. I wasn't expecting it would still be here! Sad to see it's mostly empty. Had so much fun, back then.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the old timers for being so cool. Hope everyone is doing fine with their lives.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Re: Brings back some memories...

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Quieter than it used to be, yes, but not empty by a long shot!

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3228
Given the only thing the series has done in the past six years was have a game get canceled I think it's actually pretty impressive how active this forum still is. Each game section has had a post this year and the off-topic spots seem to still have some regulars. There aren't a lot of forums left alive at all, let alone ones that can say they have regular posts in 2018. I get the strong feeling this place is always ready to become bustling again the moment we actually have something to talk about.

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1445
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
That's yet another sign of how amazing these games are to people.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 11 Dec 2009
Notes left: 371
Last seen at: Lakeview Hotel
I hope it stays this way. The Silent Hill franchise deserves this. I will make sure I keep checking in now and then and contribute a little. Thanks guys!

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 711
It's a shame that forums aren't as active as they were around 15 years ago. Many times, I go on some other forums similar to these ones, but there's hardly any activity whatsoever. Games aren't the same now either. Most of my current posts reflect how I feel about that. I've been playing Downpour recently, and I think that game is very boring and not deserving of the name they slapped on it, much like how RE 4 and 5 and 6 are shamelessly part of that franchise too, because Capcom thinks that's what people want from this genre, when RE used to be just mostly horror, and to be honest, the games just aren't scary any more because they use the same characters who just play it cool now, and that's why we need somebody new who is just an everyday kind of person. Then of course, who is to say they'll not end up used in a similar way?

I'm several hours into Downpour, but I just don't think it's anything like 1-4 were. Sadly, that could end up being the last ever game in the series, since Book of Memories arrived after that, but that's more of a RPG title, but obviously Konami shifted their focus away from console gaming towards their version of 'the future of gaming.'

There's not much hope for RE, it would appear. About 2 years ago, we got the announcement of a RE 2 remake, and 2 years later, where's the pictures or videos?

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 27 Apr 2005
Notes left: 104
Recently I was drinking with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and he brought up Xuchilbara and Lobsel Vith. We started talking about them and suddenly we were looking up theories online (with some painful holes in them) and now, after a few weeks of googling things, reading old books on black magic and Kabbalah in PDF format and replaying parts of SH2, 3 and Origins, I found myself here. After something like 12 years I'm back here again. And I guess I'm glad to see some other folks are too. Surprised I could even log in. Sad to see all the broken links though.

Brings back some memories indeed.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4683
Last seen at: Colorado
Hello again, Violent Corpse! I remember you.

Hope House Careworker

Well, what will become of RE in a few more years? We know SH is dead, but what about RE? Tonight, I was on Rely on Horror and seen this crap about 7 being a big-seller. So with that said, I can quite see where RE will go next. 8 will be first person. I've no doubt in my mind...

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... -all-time/

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1445
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Deer Rest FOA wrote:
Well, what will become of RE in a few more years? We know SH is dead, but what about RE? Tonight, I was on Rely on Horror and seen this crap about 7 being a big-seller. So with that said, I can quite see where RE will go next. 8 will be first person. I've no doubt in my mind...

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... -all-time/

Not a big fan of RE, but I have to admit RE7 was exactly what the series needed - huge publicity. It was a different take on the virus epidemic seen in previous games, but it stayed true to the franchise lore (well, except for the shitty last level and Eveline).

RE7 may seem disconnected in some ways, and some of the tie-ins to previous games felt forced. I think RE8 could be really good if they give you the option to play in third-person during certain levels, and restrict the first-person mode to certain areas. One way to do it would be to have first-person view inside buildings, and third-person view in outdoor areas. I also think they should make Mia Winters one of the co-protagonists in RE8. The other one could possibly be Chris Redfield, although I would rather see someone like Jill Valentine who deserves a comeback.

Hope House Careworker

Right now, I'm playing Downpour. I'm supposed to do that theatre puzzle. There's a whole lot of nothing in this game, yet it still looks like a game worthy of the series. But the jumpy frame rates are awful. The lack of enemies is dull. There's also no bosses. At all! Disappointing...

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4683
Last seen at: Colorado
^Well, there are two bosses, I think. Maybe only the final one could really be considered a boss battle. I actually like that one.
I have mixed feelings about Downpour. Most of the monster designs are ridiculous, and some of the side quests are stupid. But I enjoyed some of the side quests and environments as well as the atmosphere and at least kind of the story. Lol. I include it in my series playthroughs.

Hope House Careworker

I've added some talk videos on YouTube about the state of the survival horror genre. Be sure to use decent speakers. The audio on my current laptop isn't that good, but it's the thought that counts. My voice is quite loud anyway, so... :)

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
I've been to dead forums and this place isn't dead even if it's a lot slower than it used to be.

But that makes sense given that Silent Hill as a franchise has basically been dormant since 2012.

I myself still pop in from time to time like.... now. :P

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 12 Jan 2015
Notes left: 130
Last seen at: Pennsylvania
^
Yeah, same here, I miss this forum it is the best.

I've noticed Adversary and AuraTwilight aren't on much anymore, wonder how they are doing.

But Nur En Tier is on, and her other site is great, I pop over there once in a while for sure.

I will be posting more here in the future :)

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
I miss when this place was busier too.

Been thinking about past users, I wonder what happened to Alone In The Town, when was the last time he posted?

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1068
Last seen at: Upsate NY
Poking in here myself. It used to be a lot busier but its nice to see a lot of the same people here.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7987
Last seen at: Nowhere
Hey, Violent Corpse. Long time no see. Hope everything's alright.

Regarding the forum struggling to get out of life support? That's pretty much normal. Forums are dying left and right. Pretty much everyone, nowadays, gather on Facebook or Reddits. But I guess ya'll already know that.

Anyway. No reason to write my thoughts again about the whole thing but I really miss when this place was alive and kicking. Yep. We had our fair share of fun, that we did.