Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Oct 2019

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Do you think that konami could bring back Team Silent?

Missing since: 03 Apr 2018
Notes left: 3
Team slient was the special recipe for making the first silent hills the way they were but after they got dissolved by konami everything have been going astray, do you think that konami could be interested in recomposing a team capable of making a silent hill and that has the same amount of talent as the first one to make the game stand on its feet again or should they just bring back keiichiro toyama and propose him to take the game back where he left it? I mean a lot of things have been going on since he left, in fact he worked only for silent hill 1 and left just before silent hill 2, so it seems to me that the only practical way to have a new team silent is just to put keiichiro as director and there you go silent hill could be revamped. I'm not sure though as to why he actually left that early was it his own decision or something else happend?

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: Do you think that konami could bring back Team Silent?

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1068
Last seen at: Upsate NY
If I could bring back any members of team Silent it would be Yamaoka and Masahiro Ito.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 05 Nov 2010
Notes left: 993
Last seen at: Kentucky
Hopefully they are all off dong things they are happy to be doing.
Having the same people isn’t a guarantee that this hypothetical new SH would be any good either. Those people... in that time and place made these games. Products of their times when that team was in a particular headspace.
Circumstances are different now. I dont think it’d work out the way we hope it would.
It’s not a plug-in formula for some math problem or an ingredients list for a desired dish.
I’m just trying to be realistic.
Nowadays, I think I’m in the camp that thinks it should be left alone. Leave it all as intact as possible without the chances of dilution.

Missing since: 22 Feb 2012
Notes left: 1000
As much as we'd love to see it, even they may have just moved on entirely from it.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3289
The problem with the notion of "Team Silent" is that it's super misleading. It really just meant "the Silent Hill team at Konami" and it drastically changed between each game. People came and went for each title (all four had a different director) and even those that stayed for multiple usually changed positions. There was never really one unified vision behind the series. At most you could say Hiroyuki Owaku wrote for most of them (being a co-writer on 1 and the main writer on 2 and 3) and Masahiro Ito was the art director for 2 and 3 and designed monsters for 1. And of course Akira Yamaoka on music.

So keeping in mind a "core team" never really existed in the way most people think, in regards to those three people, I could see them being involved in another Silent Hill game if the opportunity arrived. Yamaoka left Konami ten years ago and seems happy with what he's doing now, but he did mention being willing to work on Silent Hills back when that was going to be a thing. As for Owaku and Ito, as far as I can tell they both work with Konami. Owaku is apparently (it's hard to find real sources about what he's been doing) working on mobile stuff for them and Ito has recently done the monster designs for Metal Gear Survive.

Keiichiro Toyama, on the other hand, works at Sony's Japan Studio and as far as I can tell he's been there for the past twenty years which is much longer than he was ever at Konami. He's lead both the Siren and Gravity Rush series and I don't think there's any chance he would leave that position for Konami or Silent Hill. Other various staff members from the old games are all scattered. Several of them work for Kojima Productions, apparently, though I'm unsure if they made the jump once Kojima left Konami. In general given Konami's history and current place in the industry, I don't see many employees who left having much of a reason to ever go back when they could further pursue their artistic goals elsewhere. If we're going to get old Konami staff on a Silent Hill game again, it's going to be from the ones still there.

That being said, I wouldn't get my hopes up even for those still at Konami to be suddenly put in charge of a Silent Hill game. While it would be a smart move to generate goodwill with fans as a marketing thing to say they brought as many back as they could, I don't think that's really Konami's prime goal right now, and they started outsourcing the series for a reason. As much as we don't want to admit it, I just don't think the series ever made them enough money to justify keeping a team of their own staff on it when they could be making more money doing other things.

Of course all we can really do is speculate, but in general I'd just suggest not getting my hopes up.

I suppose it's the same with Capcom and Shinji Mikami. He directed the first game and while he may have had a lot of creative input, it doesn't mean he was the big cheese of it all. He is greatly missed just the same. Team Silent and Shinji Mikami are people we owe so much to.

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4707
Last seen at: Colorado
Konami doesn't seem interested in releasing more Silent Hill games at this point, much less in regathering old team members. I don't think it's impossible we'll get another game sometime, but I think what you're suggesting is highly, highly unlikely. And it's not necessary. Good SH games can be made by others (and have been IMO). At this point, I'd be thrilled simply if Konami decided to give the series some real attention again and give us another game.

I felt like that too, but most of the games after 2004 weren't very good in terms of their gameplay. I hated how Alex was forced to use an axe to fight everything because you couldn't get much ammo. I have always struggled to defeat Scarlet. :(

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4213
Last seen at: Your Special Place
As NanayaShiki said, "Team Silent" was a notional thing anyways.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2019 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.