Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 13 Dec 2017

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Nov 2006
Notes left: 552
Last seen at: Wish I knew
That's damn interesting. I never thought about that. Thanks for enlightening me.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Nov 2006
Notes left: 138
Last seen at: Vehicle City
Haha, I didn't even know this existed. Now I feel like a silly little turdlet for commenting in other entries about the Rovás stuff.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 May 2005
Notes left: 205
Last seen at: Fort Worth, Texas
Beautiful. Simple, unbiased. You're a genius.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jan 2007
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: Eating at Wendy's. Any problem?
You've put a lot of dedication and work for it. Congrats!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 24
Last seen at: Abandoned Apartment.
4. Creation

God created beings to lead people
in obedience to Her.
The red god, Xuchilbara;
the yellow go, Lobsel Vith;
many gods and angels. Finally,
God set out to create Paradise,
where people would be happy
just by being there.

---

Connected to the Matraton Symbol on Valtiel, It Spells out Xuchilbara. This is from a memo in Silent hill 1. (Or 3)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2006
Notes left: 354
Greatest Plot Guide Ever. And thats not an exageration.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Sep 2006
Notes left: 50
Last seen at: World Wide Wasteland
This has probably already been mentioned:

~ For the Halo of the Sun ~
o Though its hard to see in the presented screencap [and the screen cap is backwards there is a tiny ring of runes just on the inside edge of the smaller circle. They may have no meaning since one side just mirrors exactly what the other side shows. Or pherhaps there is more meaning to the inverted text, since Alessa and Dhalia themselves are spelled backwards.

o The greek leter 'pi' apears on the east edge of the outer circle. On the west edge is a different symbol, however I have not yet found what language it is. At the south edde is the symbol for 'libra' of the traditional Zodiac, libra appears again [however upsidedown] on the south edge inside the smaller ring. At the north edge is an hourglass like symbol, resembling the roman Numeral X [which is 10]. In most traditions where circles of power are used, there is some mathmatical significance to them. Perhaps pi, X, libra and the unknown symbol have something to do with a mathmatical equation?

o Directions are always important when it comes to circles of power. They must be drawn in a spesific way [starting from the cardinal direction of which a spesific power is being drawn] The order of everything seems to be centered around the eye [all seeing eye of god?]

o The symbols between 'Rezila[?]' - Dhalia and Dhalia - Alessa resemble symbols in a friend's 'Dictionary of Angels' used as the names of two important Angels. Which ones exactly is not known at this time and I'll edit this when I get the book.

o The scale on the west side of the outer circle is weighing the symbols on the East and West edges. Could this be hinting at a nessesary equilibrium of what these two symbols represent in the end [west is generaly the direction of endings and the sunset, death]. Also to note, this Balance is inbetween Alessa - Incubus, perhaps as reference to the weight of power each of them have over the other/over Silent Hill.

Image taken from http://z-o-g.org/silenthill/

silence sang the loudest of all...

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Aug 2003
Notes left: 1099
Last seen at: The most extreme and utter region of the human mind.
Good work, Naomi. Sorry I didn't give a lot of input on it before, I've been away for a long time.

One thing I'd like to contribute are some known symbols, as I think of them:

The Seal of Metatron:

Appears in SH1 (primarily), SH2 (in the final Pyramid Head battle room in the hotel), and SH3 (in a reference book, and I believe on a wall somewhere). I can't remember the exact text describing the seal, but I remember how its colour determines usage of effects (red or blue). We only ever see it painted red in the games, or engraved in concrete/stone.

Wheelchairs:

Appear in all games; to a lesser extent in SH2 and SH3.

Fire:

Appears in all games. In SH1 and SH3, characters are actually sacrificed by fire.

Sirens:

Appear in SH1 and (briefly) in SH2 (I can't remember if they appear at all in SH3; the transitions to the nightmare world are punctuated more by Heather suffering some migraine-like ailment).

“The sinister, the terrible never deceive: the state in which they leave us is always one of enlightenment. And only this condition of vicious insight allows us a full grasp of the world, all things considered, just as a frigid melancholy grants us full possession of ourselves. We may hide from horror only in the heart of horror."
--Thomas Ligotti

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Apr 2005
Notes left: 97
Last seen at: Sydney, Australia
Note to members:
2 pics are currently moved & not showing.

I'll edit them back in probably tommorow.

If they still aren't there in a week, feel free to pm me & kick my lazy arse. :wink:

PS: I'll also update additional info kindly provided here.

Keep it in it's pants that is.
We've decided to do away with psuedo Fruedian symbolism.
Yep, now we just call a cock...a cock.
...from Inventory, Enemies & Characters: A Parody

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19399
Last seen at: #lfk
>Wheelchairs: Appear in all games; to a lesser extent in SH2 and SH3.
There are no wheelchairs in Silent Hill 2.

>Fire: Appears in all games.
Not in Silent Hill 4: The Room.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Nov 2008
Notes left: 37
Last seen at: Taluca Prison
The seal of metatron where is it in sh2 i read that its in the room with the final Pyramid Head but where am i just retarded and its on the wall or what hahahahaha?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jul 2007
Notes left: 80
Last seen at: Indiana
dr_worm wrote:
The seal of metatron where is it in sh2 i read that its in the room with the final Pyramid Head but where am i just retarded and its on the wall or what hahahahaha?

It's on the floor.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Nov 2008
Notes left: 37
Last seen at: Taluca Prison
The Follower wrote:
dr_worm wrote:

It's on the floor.

Alrighty then i am gonna go home and find that seal thanks a lot for the tip follower.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2009
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Anywhere but Home
MMY wrote:
>Wheelchairs: Appear in all games; to a lesser extent in SH2 and SH3.
There are no wheelchairs in Silent Hill 2.

>Fire: Appears in all games.
Not in Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Jasper Gien was caught on fire by Walter.
Remember?

Has no one told you she's not breathing?

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
Are the last tree games gonna be added or no

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Connection between SH2 and SH3

Missing since: 19 Feb 2010
Notes left: 8
I have something I just came across. In the Woodside Apts in SH2, before you encounter PH doing the dirty deed on the Mannequin, you go through a room and see a man sitting in the chair slumped down and all bloody, suggesting he had been killed by PH. In SH3, when Heather finds [spoiler] Harry
[/spoiler]
He is slumped down in a chair in the same way. I know that they are not in Silent Hill when that happens and [spoiler]Harry[/spoiler] was killed by a different monster, but could there be some kind of connection? Or was it mearly inspired by the previous game?

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
I think it's a coincidence, he was killed by the Missionary.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Character Connections & Symbols: A Guide

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
Heather in SH3 literally gets the Seal of Metetron from Leonerd after killing him. Though its fake or the Seal itself is useless (either becouse Claudia or Heather doesnt know what its supposed to do/ doesnt believe it works) but it is in SH3 as a very small peice of the plot, unlike its cameo in SH2. (unless im missing its meaning in the center of the floor)

and I enjoyed your connections guide. theinfo as youve said, is known. but good to have in one place. :)

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 28 Dec 2010
Notes left: 136
You actually told me 2 things very insightful and fan based seeing you not even used any theories in the parenthesis thanks man.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 03 Apr 2005
Notes left: 97
Last seen at: Sydney, Australia
Hungarian rune and translation pics now fixed. Translation included.
Please PM me with any other relevant facts you have as I don't always have time to read through all posts.

EDIT: saving theories only. Ignore text.
Work in progress. Working on flushing out connections.

Credit: Original pictures and deciphering by former SHF member: Mary Kinstler
Hungarian Runes:

Halo of the Sun Translation:

An explanation for all other runic symbols can be found here: Credit: AlexAff @ DeviantArt
http://alexaff.deviantart.com/art/Halo-of-The-Sun-Info-72841157

The results deciphered obtain four words (and their variations):
I'm only using the source material and not speculating outside of it. (Eg: Alizer = Alessa....errm no.)
1 Dhalia
2 Alessa
3 Incubus (inverted) (aka Heather)
4 Azriel (Inverted Anagram aka Azrael) CITATION: Currently a theory. Working on many texts (very supportive) to clarify.

4. A hidden anagram.
Like Samael, Azriel is an angel of death, though they are opposing in what they serve.
This makes perfect sense. Dahlia refers to Samael repeatedly, but Alessa'a "good self" (Cheryl) is capable of changing the host and her destiny..
Why so well hidden? Azriel was hidden from the cult in very much the same way Cheryl was hidden from the cult.

Description Samael is LONG. Can be found in links provided.

Samael symbols:
Represents: War and Power
Element: Fire
Planet: Mars
Astrological sign: Scorpio (Aries in some texts too)
Symbol: Sword with poisoned tip
Olympic Spirit: Phaleg

Azriel (Azrael): The angel of death in both Islamic and Hebrew legends, he is said to have four-thousand wings, and has an eye and tongue for every human in the world. Whenever one of his eyes blink, someone has just died. Azrael also carries with him a large book that he is forever writing and erasing in. In it, he writes the names of those just born, and erases the names of those who have just died. No doubt doing just that keeps him busy. Azrael has no knowledge before-hand of who is going to die and when, however he learns of this as a leaf carrying the name of doomed falls from a tree at the throne of God. He then knows he is to pay a visit to the person named forty days later.

Represents: Crossing over to the spirit world./Clearing blocks in your spiritual pathway / Bereavement
Element: Water
Planet: Venus (Pluto in some texts)
Astrological sign: Libra IMPORTANT CONNECTION - Libra's symbol found in the Halo Though the majority of sources have pointed to Libra, one or two strangely note Scorpio as Azriel's sign)
Symbol: Book

Angels of Death and Aziel info from http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/myPlace/angels.html
Folks on this here site reckon they can channel Metatron. I'm not kidding...http://www.anewbelief.com/Angels/azrael.htm
More Samael info found here: http://www.whiterosesgarden.com/Nature_of_Evil/fallen_angels/FAngels_S/samael.htm

What we have here is the world's most screwed up Family Tree:
Dahlia + Alessa/Cheryl = Incubus/ Heather + AZRIEL (aka Azrael)

The 3 Angels of death now come together in Silent Hill:
One of the greatest known, and feared of all the angels, he is also known as the Grim Reaper, as well as various other names. In the Jewish incarnation he been called Bebriel, [b]Metatron
, Samael (or Sammael), Adriel, and Azrael (who is the bringer of death in the Islamic Qu'ran), Hemah.
He is sometimes mistaken for being one of the fallen angels, however, he is in fact a servant of God who has been given the task of ending the lives of certain individuals at their appointed times, and to guide them to their place in either Heaven or Hell (though christians often tend to associate this task with the Archangel,Michael). He is often described as being quite disspassionate and unregretfull about his about his work.
One of the ways he sometimes appears is as a great angel at the head of a dying victim. Death then brings his sword to the dying's lips a drips a drop of poison into their mouth, at which point, it's all over for the victim. This could also be where he gets the name "Samael" from, as "Sam" is the Hebrew word for "Poison". In Jewish literature he is often depicted as appearing as a bird with twelve wings, and during the Middle Ages (a time when the Black Death ran rampant) he took up the image of the Grim Reaper, with artists painting an image of a sickle or scythe wielding skeleton, and, occasionally, Death is said to appear as a woman.

Keep it in it's pants that is.
We've decided to do away with psuedo Fruedian symbolism.
Yep, now we just call a cock...a cock.
...from Inventory, Enemies & Characters: A Parody