Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 26 May 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Feb 2010
Notes left: 135
Last seen at: Arizona Bay
One little detail, is it possible that mentioning the priest Toby Archbolt being elected into city council is important enough as a detail or could be added into the timeline?

_________________
Image"Lowlifes... Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you've condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now?"


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
Wheeler's name is Token? I thought it was James.

Edit: And Alex was committed at Alchemilla? What the hell?


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19397
Last seen at: #lfk
"What the hell?" what?

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
The Adversary wrote:
"What the hell?" what?

How do you know that?


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19397
Last seen at: #lfk
Because I played the game?

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1623
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
The Adversary wrote:
"What the hell?" what?

How do you know that?

"Alchemilla" is written in the top left corner of the maps in-game. Besides that, it's the exact same layout (apart from the addition of an operating theatre) as Alchemilla in SH1, though to be honest I didn't notice until I saw the map and compared it to the SH1 map.
It's been a while since I've played Homecoming, so I don't recall any else that tells us it's Alchemilla, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is. :?


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
The Adversary wrote:
Because I played the game?

Was it mentioned in a memo?

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
The Adversary wrote:
"What the hell?" what?

How do you know that?

"Alchemilla" is written in the top left corner of the maps in-game. Besides that, it's the exact same layout (apart from the addition of an operating theatre) as Alchemilla in SH1, though to be honest I didn't notice until I saw the map and compared it to the SH1 map.
It's been a while since I've played Homecoming, so I don't recall any else that tells us it's Alchemilla, though I wouldn't be surprised if there is. :?

Those maps have only been shown to exist in Alex's dream/nightmare.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11370
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
It literally says "Alchemilla" several times in the dream sequence.

Also, it's Homecoming. Like its writers would pass up a possible reference.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
The problem with Alchemilla being where Alex was kept is that... well, as far as I knew, Alchemilla was a typical emergency hospital, not a mental hospital. Silent Hill already has Brookhaven Hospital and Cedar Grove Sanitarium. I can't think of any reason why Alex would have been sent to Alchemilla.

That being said, I do personally think the intent in the game was that he went to Alchemilla. I always took the opening nightmare sequence as a twisted memory of him escaping the hospital. Plus, some of the notes scattered around the dream were clearly meant to reference Alex as a patient. I think it's safe to say he was sent there, as the game all but flat-out tells you he was. Why he was, however, is something a bit more debatable. So I don't think it's out of the question for some people to question it.

And I think the common argument there is that they say the dream is unrelated to him escaping the hospital himself. That his nightmare involved Alchemilla because it's where they took Josh or something. I dunno, I read someone's argument on it once awhile ago on another forum, but I forget most of it. I know it also says "he didn't stay in Alchemilla" on the Silent Hill wiki, with "he went there as a child" as their reasoning for why it was in his nightmare.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jun 2011
Notes left: 92
Last seen at: Canada
NanayaShiki wrote:
I know it also says "he didn't stay in Alchemilla" on the Silent Hill wiki, with "he went there as a child" as their reasoning for why it was in his nightmare.

Where does it say this? That'll probably need to be fixed later. :?


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
Alex420 wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
I know it also says "he didn't stay in Alchemilla" on the Silent Hill wiki, with "he went there as a child" as their reasoning for why it was in his nightmare.

Where does it say this? That'll probably need to be fixed later. :?

The page for Alchemilla. It might say it other places as well, I don't really frequent the SH wiki.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
AuraTwilight wrote:
It literally says "Alchemilla" several times in the dream sequence.

The keyword there is "dream".

AuraTwilight wrote:
Also, it's Homecoming. Like its writers would pass up a possible reference.

I don't doubt that it's a reference to the Silent Hill film. In fact, I recognise it as such.

NanayaShiki wrote:
The problem with Alchemilla being where Alex was kept is that... well, as far as I knew, Alchemilla was a typical emergency hospital, not a mental hospital. Silent Hill already has Brookhaven Hospital and Cedar Grove Sanitarium. I can't think of any reason why Alex would have been sent to Alchemilla.

This is basically the crux of the issue.

Not to mention the fact that Adam had strong reservations about Alex and Joshua going to Silent Hill.

NanayaShiki wrote:
That being said, I do personally think the intent in the game was that he went to Alchemilla. I always took the opening nightmare sequence as a twisted memory of him escaping the hospital. Plus, some of the notes scattered around the dream were clearly meant to reference Alex as a patient. I think it's safe to say he was sent there, as the game all but flat-out tells you he was. Why he was, however, is something a bit more debatable. So I don't think it's out of the question for some people to question it.

A memo referencing the patient in room 206 and a cart of pills also appear in the Otherworld version of the Shepherd House.

NanayaShiki wrote:
And I think the common argument there is that they say the dream is unrelated to him escaping the hospital himself. That his nightmare involved Alchemilla because it's where they took Josh or something. I dunno, I read someone's argument on it once awhile ago on another forum, but I forget most of it. I know it also says "he didn't stay in Alchemilla" on the Silent Hill wiki, with "he went there as a child" as their reasoning for why it was in his nightmare.

It's definitely possible. Shepherd's Glen doesn't have an emergency room (only Dr. Fitch's Office) and the closest one is Alchemilla Hospital.

A newspaper article in the Shepherd's Glen Town Hall mentions an accident that happened when Alex was eight years old, "a freak thunderstorm washed a school bus into the raging torrent of the Toluca River."

Later in the article it says, "All of the 2nd and 3rd Grade Students survived without major injury, but appeared severely frightened by the events.
The children were evacuated to the nearby Alchemilla Hospital in Silent Hill to recuperate after their ordeal."


NanayaShiki wrote:
Alex420 wrote:
NanayaShiki wrote:
I know it also says "he didn't stay in Alchemilla" on the Silent Hill wiki, with "he went there as a child" as their reasoning for why it was in his nightmare.

Where does it say this? That'll probably need to be fixed later. :?

The page for Alchemilla. It might say it other places as well, I don't really frequent the SH wiki.

To clarify, it's mentioned under the sub-heading "Silent Hill: Homecoming" (which is under the heading "Appearances"). It should probably be changed to "it is not known if he was institutionalized there after the death of his brother".

EDIT: Nevermind, I edited it.


Last edited by Cyrus Hanley on 26 Feb 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
It literally says "Alchemilla" several times in the dream sequence
The keyword there is "dream".

And your point is? The dream world, such as the Alchemilla nightmare, to be a dream world must be based on something. Plus, as Souless-Shadow said: it's the same layout. Therefore, Alex must have been there- he must have been sent there. Moreover, as much as it regards Alex going there as a child, it's incorrect. His parents (as most of the parents in Shepherd's Glen) have forbidden him to go there.

Cyrus Hanley wrote:
Later in the article it says, "All of the 2nd and 3rd Grade Students survived without major injury, but appeared severely frightened by the events.
The children were evacuated to the nearby Alchemilla Hospital in Silent Hill to recuperate after their ordeal."

That doesn't prove anything. There are dozens of similiar memos scattered around the town. There's a memo about Paul Russell murdering eight children. Does that mean one of them was Alex's mysterious third brother? Most of the time, these are not directly connected to Alex. Their function is rather of a thematical purpose.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
mikefile wrote:
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
It literally says "Alchemilla" several times in the dream sequence
The keyword there is "dream".

And your point is? The dream world, such as the Alchemilla nightmare, to be a dream world must be based on something. Plus, as Souless-Shadow said: it's the same layout. Therefore, Alex must have been there- he must have been sent there.

Exactly. I said that Alex could have been there before.

mikefile wrote:
Moreover, as much as it regards Alex going there as a child, it's incorrect. His parents (as most of the parents in Shepherd's Glen) have forbidden him to go there.

?

I never said Alex did go to Silent Hill as a child. I said it was a possibility.

mikefile wrote:
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
Later in the article it says, "All of the 2nd and 3rd Grade Students survived without major injury, but appeared severely frightened by the events.
The children were evacuated to the nearby Alchemilla Hospital in Silent Hill to recuperate after their ordeal."

That doesn't prove anything. There are dozens of similiar memos scattered around the town. There's a memo about Paul Russell murdering eight children. Does that mean one of them was Alex's mysterious third brother? Most of the time, these are not directly connected to Alex. Their function is rather of a thematical purpose.

Oh really?

Newspaper Article wrote:
"What should have been a normal school run home turned into tragedy last week when a freak thunderstorm washed a school bus into the raging torrent of the Toluca River. The normally placid river, swollen by nearly a week of record-breaking rainfall, was running almost 15ft higher than normal.
Mark Ward, the conscientious school bus driver for Toluca County, was unprepared for what he found when entering River View Road that runs parallel with the river. The fast moving water eroded the soil underneath the asphalt, leaving it unsupported.
The road suddenly collapsed as the bus pitched into the roaring river below. Carried along a white water ride for a 1/4 of a mile, amongst the screams of the petrified children, the bus became lodged under the aptly named Hope Bridge.
Doctor Martin Fitch MD had just finished a house call and was on his way back to the office, following directly behind the school bus when the road gave way.
Managing to stop in time Doctor Fitch got out of his car, braving the downpour, and ran alongside the river for 1/4 of a mile when the bus finally became jammed under the bridge.
Without a thought for his own personal safety, Doctor Fitch jumped into the river and swam towards the bus. After breaking the rear window, he climbed inside to assess the situation.
Inside he found a terrible scene. The driver, trapped by his safety-belt, had been killed when the front of the bus flooded.
All of the 2nd and 3rd Grade Students survived without major injury, but appeared severely frightened by the events.
The children were evacuated to the nearby Alchemilla Hospital in Silent Hill to recuperate after their ordeal.
During the evacuation, the situation took another terrifying turn. His leg trapped by the partially crumpled front of the vehicle, brave 8-year-old Alex Shepherd was unable to move.
Doctor Fitch knew that if Alex didn't drown, the cold waters of the Toluca River would put him into cold shock as his core temperature plummeted and he succumbed to hypothermia.
Time was critical. The Doctor quickly stripped off his shirt; taking a hold of the boy, he wrapped his arms as tightly as he could around him, and then waited for the rescue crews to reach them.
The heat and warmth of the doctor's body may well have been the only thing that saved Alex's life that day. It took the fire crews nearly 4 hours to finally free Alex from the wreckage of the school bus. During the entire time he was trapped in the bus, Doctor Fitch never left his side.
For his feat of bravery the City council gave their highest award to Doctor Fitch, along with the Key to the City.
Though tragedy struck for Martin Ward; the potential loss of all those children was averted by the selfless act of one man, Dr. Martin Fitch MD."


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
^ My bad. Never really found that arcticle and I inadvertently missed the Alex part in your quote. Without it, I always assumed that Alex's only visit to Silent Hill was as a patient, therefore, the only possible way by which he could manifest the dreamlike hospital.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
Wheeler's name is Token? I thought it was James.

I like how nobody commented on this. :lol:


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19397
Last seen at: #lfk
Because it's clearly a joke.

Image

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
The Adversary wrote:
Because it's clearly a joke.

Image

Yes, I am quite familiar with the works of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, hence the laughing smiley in my post.

My point is that we know Wheeler's name, so why is the joke still there?


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
I don't doubt that it's a reference to the Silent Hill film. In fact, I recognise it as such.

Brookhaven was the film's hospital, not Alchemilla.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Timeline of Silent Hill's History—UPDATE: DECEMBER//23//
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Dec 2009
Notes left: 207
Last seen at: Silent Hill.
JKristine35 wrote:
Cyrus Hanley wrote:
I don't doubt that it's a reference to the Silent Hill film. In fact, I recognise it as such.

Brookhaven was the film's hospital, not Alchemilla.

Whoops, that's what I get for forgetting the adaptation wasn't faithful.

The point still stands.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: