Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 01 Sep 2014

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19365
Last seen at: #lfk
That and Mary passed away the day after her release from Brookhaven, not three days.

And Vincent's revitalization of the Order occurred ten years after Silent Hill 1, not thirteen years.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Sep 2005
Notes left: 158
I'm probably going to let that website of mine die (was that website ever alive? :? ). Don't have time for it anymore (not to consider it wasn't the most beautiful thing I've done :roll: )

I'm shocked to realize I've only made two-three mistakes (unless TA doesn't have the time to list them all; but then again your website was an inspiration (what? copy/paste? :shock: :cry: ). Oh well...

If anyone wants to pick the timeline (pictures or whatever), feel free.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

There were a few things I disagreed with, but a lot of stems from supplementary material no one either used or knew about it. As a whole, it was well-done: I just wish there was a way to've looked through the sections without having to scroll through the entire thing page-by-page each time I wanted to view it.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
You didn't put Henry's birth on that timeline.

Last edited by Disciple of Claudia on 30 Jan 2006, edited 1 time in total.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Because Henry's age isn't mentioned.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

The official strategy guide for SH 4 on page 2 gives an age range. Like Douglas in the SH 3 stragtegy doesn't give a precise age but it was enough for for you to put Douglas' birth in the timeline. I would scan the page for you but I don't have a scanner and I don't think the image of page 2 is on the internet anywhere. If you don't believe me ask around I'm sure others in the forum can scan you a picture of page 2 for you or you can buy it and see for yourself it's still for sell online.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Hmm. Didn't notice that before.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

I missed it to until I saw your timeline and rechecked the strategy guide. Low and behold there it is.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2005
Notes left: 180
I remember seeing another timeline where the events pf SH3 and Sh4 happened almost concurrently.

natural evolution is complete.

Artificial evolution has begun.

The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.

For they are gods.

Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Yeah. That's almost plausible, but the time of Toby Archibold's death, in relation with Claudia's & Vincent's death, suggest, to me, otherwise--that instead Silent Hill 3 occurred well before Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2003
Notes left: 5533
Last seen at: Room 311, making a noise complaint
You can kinda see in the game the time periods by the looks of the charecters and enviroments.It's very subtle,but I was always certian SH2 took place in the early 90's.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Oct 2004
Notes left: 365
Last seen at: Toluca Lake
That is also a great thing about the series because the clothing is so subtle that it is hard to discern when they take place if it wasn't as obvious as it is. For instance, James has an outfit that would work anywhere from the late seventies to now. It is that way with many if not all of the characters and I am sure that was at least part of Team Silent's intent.

BTW, Chris, after being here for damn near 2 years and seeing your signature pop up every now and then I just realized you had Alice In Chains on there, ha. You know, I never liked them (I was always more of a metal guy) until a buddy of mine came over with their unplugged cd and some... herb. Anyway, long story short, they do rule. Bitch. 8)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Oct 2003
Notes left: 5533
Last seen at: Room 311, making a noise complaint
AiC is metal(at least thier 3 main albums).....but anyways,Adversary great job,way to much time on your hands,can't wait to see what you do next(SH5)

Post subject:

I'm new here and I just looked at this timeline of the Silent Hill events, and I find it really interesting, I didn't think someone could now a lot about this game series.

See ya.

8)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Mar 2006
Notes left: 31
Adversary, where did you get the dates for Silent Hill 4? Did I miss something in- game?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

It, of all the Silent Hill games, is the most "present-time." The other three are antiquated, in a sense, such as with Heather's fashion, and the technology--or the lack thereof--from the first two.

What matters most is the time between the games and instances, rather than the exact date. Saying that Silent Hill 4 occurred in 2003, and SH3 in 1999 doesn't make any real impact on the story itself--I just believe that The Room was, at the time of its release, present-time, and everything else can be based off of that.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Mar 2006
Notes left: 422
Last seen at: Woodside Apts, AZ
the Adversary wrote:
Yeah. That's almost plausible, but the time of Toby Archibold's death, in relation with Claudia's & Vincent's death, suggest, to me, otherwise--that instead Silent Hill 3 occurred well before Silent Hill 4: The Room.

In the wish house, which seems to be abandoned for years, there is a paper that says: "Have you found Alessa yet?" or something like that

In responce to Adversary: Just agreeing^_^

Last edited by white rabbit on 14 Mar 2006, edited 1 time in total.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Yes, I know. I've taken that into consideration. My timeline still stands.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Mar 2006
Notes left: 8
Last seen at: In the corners of your mind
Oh my god!! You guys are insane!! (In the good way) I'm just in awe with how much you people know. You are my gods now o.o But I'm confused about something. In the timeline, it says James recieved Mary's letter the day after she died. Why does it say he got it 3 years later through out the game? (And on the back of the case) Was it a disillusionment or something? Did he just think 3 years had ellapsed? Please answer this for me, I might be able to sleep tonight if you do x.x

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>Did he just think 3 years had ellapsed?
Have you played the game in its entirety? To answer your question: Yes. Please read this thread: I discuss several aspects of the game, including briefly the time leading up to the events of Silent Hill 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next