Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 26 Jul 2014

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Mar 2006
Notes left: 8
Last seen at: In the corners of your mind
I'm...still finding myself lost. We've only gotten one ending and it was on the original version, so I honestly know nothing of what happens when Maria is played. So no, I haven't exactly played the game in it's entirety, but it seems more simple than that. But why would he have imagined the time elapse?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19361
Last seen at: #lfk
Here ya go: http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=132

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Sep 2005
Notes left: 4
I've read that some time ago when Nursery Cryme was still online. Great work.

It might have been brought earlier, but in Silent Hill 2 it's kinda stated that the Locaine twins were murdered a few years before James' final trip to Silent Hill. When the radio show guy refers to the murder committed by Walter, he says: "Silent Hill witnessed a gruesome murder a few years back". What's your view on that?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>What's your view on that?
It's an error. That line is only in the English script; it's never mentioned in the Japanese script, which takes precedence.

Post subject:

Wow - this timeline is awesome! With all of the different characters and storylines, I get confused trying to make the connections between the different games.

Post subject:

Oh yeah. I have to say, that I really respect the Adversary now.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

What do you mean now?...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2006
Notes left: 71
Last seen at: Indiana
Whether it's right or not (and you can never really know), you can tell you've put a lot of work and research into it and come up with something as factual as you could make it. As well, you add your own thoughts and theories into it, which I guess could be nitpicked at, but end the end it's all your theory anyways since no one knows an actual timeline, so...

Great job!

(yeah, it's an old thread, but I just got here so I thought I'd say something :P)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Mar 2006
Notes left: 41
Last seen at: midgar
did'nt the events of sh 2 happen 2 years after mary's death

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Not at all. Mary had written a letter to Laura wishing her a Happy 8th Birthday. Laura states that she turned eight last week, to which James responds with: Then Mary couldn't have died three years ago, but rather sometime very recently. By estimation: the day before the events of Silent Hill 2.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2006
Notes left: 477
i thought silent hill 3 and 4 happen at the same time and doest silent hill 1 happen in 1986 or am i just off i saw a timeline on a site i think its called fading into the black/silent hill or somthing like that?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

According to someone else's timeline, yeah, they have SH1 set in 1986, and SH3 in 2003, but I don't necessarily believe they're correct.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Notes left: 477
yeah that was the timeline i was talking about but does it matter we know sh3 is 17 years after silent hill 1 and 7 years before silent hill cheryl was born it only matters that we are actuley paying attention to the little things

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 418
for me half of that didn't make sense. But there you go i only have silent hill 2

Post subject:

thanks a lot man. very informative, helps me understand a bunch of this stuff.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Australia
Very interesting timeline.

Post subject:

I'm actually gonna nitpick a little bit about the timeline presented at the Silent Hill Tears website...not about the events, but of the US state, namely Maine. [spoiler]It's understandable, considering the town where Harry moved with Cheryl/Allesa/Heather was named Portland.[/spoiler].In fact, I was under the impression from what I had read from Silent Hill's developers that the SH games took place in the Midwest rather than New England.

If I were to guess, I'd say (contrary to the movie), that Silent Hill would be located in Massachusetts. Massachusetts is another US state with rich and checkered history (the Salem Witch Trials) and unlike Maine, Massachusetts has a subway system; Maine does not. Both Heather and Henry travel extensively by subway, and anyone who's ever lived or travelled extensively in MA knows about the T.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

>I'm actually gonna nitpick a little bit about the timeline presented at the Silent Hill Tears website...
Unless it's this timeline, it doesn't really concern me: This one, the first, is only available here & previously at Nursery Cryme. Any others are based off of mine, or simply stolen.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
It'll be interesting to see what SH5 does to this timeline.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

If anything, it'll make it more complete; I'll have more to work with. The majority of this is from in-game evidence & information provided by the developers: if they change anything, then they're re-writing history, and it's therefore nothing I have control over. If they decide to give one of the game's an actual date that doesn't coincide with mine, all I'd have to do is move the years around to fit.

I'm not terribly worried about something messing it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next