Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 21 Nov 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Some people kill themselves because of bullying you know Aura. And if bullying wasn't an issue with Alessa, it wouldn't be featured in the flashback sequence. She made everyone who ever harmed her pay, so why not the children. She was very young when they created the otherworld, and as most of the cultists would of been hiding in the church after the botched burning, the Janitor and children would have been the first people she would strike at.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Some people kill themselves because of bullying you know Aura.


As opposed to Alessa, who tends to save suicide despite all the bullshit unless she was burned nearly to death and pregnant with a world-destroying deity. She's not a puss.

Quote:
And if bullying wasn't an issue with Alessa, it wouldn't be featured in the flashback sequence.


Just because it was an issue doesn't mean she had to strike out at them, and the narrative made it seem like the childish teasing was just a byproduct of the bigger problem.

Quote:
She was very young when they created the otherworld, and as most of the cultists would of been hiding in the church after the botched burning, the Janitor and children would have been the first people she would strike at.


She would obviously strike at the people who BURNED HER first, not some teasers, even if she did draw them into the Otherworld.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Last edited by AuraTwilight on 02 Apr 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1323
Last seen at: Minnesota
Aura, you're talking about Alessa as if she's an adult, but she's not: She's a kid. When kids are angry, they strike out at everyone, not just the people who cause them pain. Having psychic powers doesn't make her magically mature or with tons of wisdom. Not even necessarily very smart, but that's not my point.
I know I don't have much to stand on as I have not seen the movie yet, but judging on what I know about Alessa so far, and what people keep saying about her, and also the nature of children in general, I think that anyone, especially kids that teased her for years, or a rapist, or the people that burned her, would be a target. It's just a matter of how easy they are to harm...and I'm guessing the children might have been some of the easiest targets.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Aura, you're talking about Alessa as if she's an adult, but she's not: She's a kid. When kids are angry, they strike out at everyone, not just the people who cause them pain. Having psychic powers doesn't make her magically mature or with tons of wisdom. Not even necessarily very smart, but that's not my point.


Not your point, but a good one. Alessa always struck me as an intelligent and wise individual in the games, though, and I got that same feel from the movies.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Quote:
She's not a puss.

What?, do you find the bullying of small girls funny or something, what age was she, nine or ten or something. You sound as if you expect this "teasing" , which has probably gone on since she started school, to have no effect on her or something. Anyway, please explain how Alessa is supposed to get to the cultists in the church first, as she needed Sharon and Rose to do this, the only ones she could get at was the odd straggler. They were holed up in that church for a couple of decades before the events of the film, and I don't remember her having access to any daisycutters. She's obvously going to go for the easy targets first.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
What?, do you find the bullying of small girls funny or something, what age was she, nine or ten or something.


No. I simply think Alessa is a strong enough individual to get over it in light of the MUCH BIGGER pain.

Quote:
You sound as if you expect this "teasing" , which has probably gone on since she started school, to have no effect on her or something.


I'm sure it would have it's effects, but if I got raped or burned to near-death at 7 years old, people calling me names wouldn't register on my radar.

Quote:
Anyway, please explain how Alessa is supposed to get to the cultists in the church first, as she needed Sharon and Rose to do this, the only ones she could get at was the odd straggler. They were holed up in that church for a couple of decades before the events of the film, and I don't remember her having access to any daisycutters. She's obvously going to go for the easy targets first.


What, and you don't think they wouldn't keep the CHILDREN in the church too? "Sorry, kids, you're on your own." No, sorry. That reasoning doesn't work, son.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
So, dad, where are all the grown up children?, the only one I noticed was PH's dancing partner.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
First of all, you're assuming that the children, grown up or otherwise, would be in the Otherworld, which is exactly what I'm arguing against a priori. For all we know, they were shipped off to orphanages and eventually grew up, or left to fry in the out of control fire, or who knows what. Their fate is never divulged and we'll probably never know. I just doubt they were turned into monsters. Regardless of whether or not Alessa punished them, they don't deserve the same punishment as Coleman.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 122
Keep in mind, her goodness is gone. The Alessa left in SH is only pure evil, pure desire for revenge. It doesn't make a difference if it's kids, the rapist, or the church, they all hurt her in one terriable way or another. Those children were terrifying her, showering her with hate probably ever day of her school life. That starts to have terriable scarring effects on ones mind. Likewise, the main reason she was there for to be raped, was because they chased her, then left her there alone. Liked kids would have been missed from class, someone coming to look for them.

Teasing, bullying, it isn't a joke. Especially not to the young that have no option to say f*ck you and go off to be somewhere else. The kids probably were killed when the town first shifted, being vulnrable and unprotected. While the church goers were fleeing to their sanctuary, being the only ones that seemed to understand something was going terriably wrong beyond just a fire.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
That's a good point, but she had her goodness for almost forty years, a long time to possibly spare the children if she were going to. Splitting Sharon off was a fairly recent event.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 122
True, but I'm doubtful that she wanted to spare the children. I know there are a lot of adults that take on the view children are somehow these magikal beings, divine little angels. But in reality their people just like us. Only younger, and thats obvious to the children themselves.

If one of us at our age was suddenly burned alive, then made a deal with a demon. Maybe, just maybe we would let the children walk. But she was a kid when made it, the pain of their cruelty still fresh in her mind. Perhaps Alessa would let them go, but personally, doubt it. To her the kids were her peers, cruel and uncaring little monsters.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
I didn't think of it so much as "I shall spare these children" more so as "lol who?"

Not to mention that Alessa was specifically mentioned to be "kind for her age."

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
Never once did I think that the Gray Children were the actual children. That just seems absurd. They seemed more like a manifestation of a slight fear that Alessa had. A slight fear of the kids who picked on her, in a deformed, and semi fiery way.

As for what happened to all of the kids, they probably moved away or were sent away after the fire. As I recall the only people that were stuck in SH were the present cult members with some exceptions such as Lisa.

I agree with Aura. Alessa's anger was not burning towards the kids who picked on her. She was stronger than that. Her anger was towards the people who condoned her burning and obviously the rapist as well.

_________________
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
What's absurd about it?, the only thing absurd were them stupid bodypopping nurses.
Seriously though, that slight fear you mention was enough to mafe her run into a toilet crying her eyes out, and that's one occasion, times that by a few thousand occasions and you will get something pretty powerfull.
I suppose it all depends on whether the children were sucked into the otherworld or not.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Well, seeing as how Alessa is specifically stated to be kind, and that the Dark Alessa is a Bringer of Justice, it's not going to kill or horribly maim children and thus give them the same punishment as the adults who ACTUALLY deserve the horrible shit Alessa does to them.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
>What's absurd about it?

What's absurd is that the concept that these Grey Children are manifestations of Alessa is in question here. Plain and simple, that's what they are.

_________________
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Quote:
Well, seeing as how Alessa is specifically stated to be kind, and that the Dark Alessa is a Bringer of Justice, it's not going to kill or horribly maim children and thus give them the same punishment as the adults who ACTUALLY deserve the horrible shit Alessa does to them.

You seem to be forgetting what PH did to Anna. She was probably one of the children who bullied Alessa. She's the right age, went to the same school, her mothers in the cult and she's certainly got the right attitude, look at the way she treats Dhalia. She throws stones at her, calls her names and mocks her. Good old fashioned bullying. Why would Alessa allow her to be killed (in such a horrific fashion) if she bore no grudges towards the children.

_________________
Who's the man? Me!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11380
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
You seem to be forgetting what PH did to Anna. She was probably one of the children who bullied Alessa. She's the right age, went to the same school, her mothers in the cult and she's certainly got the right attitude, look at the way she treats Dhalia. She throws stones at her, calls her names and mocks her. Good old fashioned bullying. Why would Alessa allow her to be killed (in such a horrific fashion) if she bore no grudges towards the children.


Anna's actually a bit too young by almost a decade. It's more likely she was born in the Otherworld.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
Here we go.

I view the Movie otherside as purgatory. A purgatory in which you can bleed.(Weird).

Rose and the demon stated that the cult members ,"died in the fires that they created". The demon wants their souls; their lives if you would. Alessa wants vengence. These people(cult followers) have been believing a lie, that the end of the world have happened and that they are living in post-apocolypse.

Their faith blinds them to the point in which they do not see that they died, nor do they see the obvious signs. Christabella seems to do a good job of pulling the wool over the sheeps eyes with righteous banter and dogmatic babel.

Rose, in my opinion, is a guest of purgatory. Dahlia stated,"Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill." Dahlia seemed to understand the place that she and the others were in. She referred to them as being blind and full of lies. They believed thier own lies. As stated by the Demon their lies and blind faith was their protection. The controversy that Rose caused when she entered the sanctuary caused people to doubt their faith, thus allowing the demon within.

With what Dahlia said, it leads me to believe that either Sharon or the Demon, opened the door when she arrived with Rose. Rose is still living, so is Cybil.

I think that Anna is the same age that she was when she first came to the Otherside. Look at everybody. They did not really age. Christabella's hair was a bit nicer before the event but not much else is different.

Dahlia aged and became grey. I believe that is because she came to the otherside just like Rose. She is a guest. She lives for real, while the cult members eternally hide from the wrath of Alessa and the Demon. I do not believe that Dahlia ever died in the fires. She is exepted and can live amongst the darkness.

One more thing. I believe that Rose was alive, up until Christabella stabbed her. At this time Rose falls, and spites forth the demon into the sanctuary. Her wound heals up. She is now living a second life in the Otherworld.

Does any of this make sense or am I just going to be harshing a lot of peoples mellow?

_________________
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1323
Last seen at: Minnesota
It...kind of makes sense to me. My brain is quite numb at the moment, however, so I really can't think very well...


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: