This made my teeth grind...

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

Please explain why! I being the writer and all like to hear what people think because it leaves room for improvement.
Silent Ian
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Ian »

Msgrim wrote:Please explain why! I being the writer and all like to hear what people think because it leaves room for improvement.
No, I'm the writer, damn you!
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

What, you guys think you're the only ones who write? Many people at this forum are writers.
Msgrim wrote:Please explain why!
A random list of negative things about the movie would be out of place here.
When too many people were complaining about Silent Hill 4 in various threads, a thread was created for the sole purpose of housing complaints. If someone wants to do that for the movie, they can go ahead.

How about moving back to talking about weapons, or the lack thereof, in the movie?
Last edited by phantomess on 24 Jan 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

phantomess wrote:What, you guys think you're the only ones who write? Many people at this forum are writers.
Msgrim wrote:Please explain why!
A random list of negative things about the movie would be out of place here.
When too many people were complaining about Silent Hill 4 in various threads, a thread was created for the sole purpose of housing complaints. If someone wants to do that for the movie, they can go ahead.

How about moving back to talking about weapons, or the lack thereof, in the movie?
I realize that there are more than a few writers here, I'm not the one stressing it.
Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

Post by Distorted Self-Images »

phantomess wrote:I know, Distorted; nothing is wrong with the topic of this thread. My comment wasn't directed to you.
Ok sorry i sometimes get a little jumpping..::smiles:: eheheh

woot woot i got the last metatron
And as I lived it all the world became to small
And my colors grew colder

" Any one got spare SH cash, please donate"

Why can't we all just let it Burn...
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

Jesus, enough already. As phantomess has already stated, back on topic please and take your gripy movie comments to the other 3687316873 exsisting threads. Get over it!
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
Great Knife
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Great Knife »

I do think she could've picked something up even if she was just trying to run away. Its just more realistic for someone to want to be prepared rather than just hope they can run by all the monsters. Although at one point she took annas knife but i think that was because she didn't trust anna with it(who would?) she still dropped it later and i couldv'e punched her into the ground.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

[quote="Great Knife"] Although at one point she took annas knife but i think that was because she didn't trust anna with it(who would?) quote]

she probobly picked it up becouse she wasnt running and was at a state of peace(however much she can gather in silent hill anyway) so she thought to pick it up. me personally dont realize shit when i running from something. i like the not trusting anna thing though. i trust too many people,so i wouldnt have thought bout her killing me or something. :oops:
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I figured when she took the knife that it was merely a reference from SH2 thrown in.
Great Knife
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Great Knife »

Not that the knife would've been useful had she bot dropped it, i mean it was just a butter knife. Not a butcher knife, filet knife, cleaver but a butter knife :roll: So i guess it did'nt matter if she dropped it.
Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

I think the only purpose it served was for the disturbing painting in the hallway. What I hated was the fact that they never gave Cybil a fighting chance, cause you know she couldn't have run out of so many clips for her gun in just three scenes. They should've left the scene with Anna getting attacked by the lying figure, that would've explained some of the missing bullets.
[img]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2082/sigmsgrimnk3.jpg[/img]

To Thine Own Self Be True -----SHAKESPEARE
Great Knife
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Great Knife »

I never kept track of how many bullets Cybil had but i was suprised at what happened to her.
Another thing that got me was the fact that ph didn't follow them into the church.
Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

yeah that was weird,its not like he couldn't have broke the doors down. speaking of doors did anyone notice the doors to the utility closet were metel, than became wood? this was pointed out to me yesterday, funny that I never bothered noticing.

Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

well actually if you notice and heard Barbwire Queen, "It's there belief that keeps them safe." And i counted the bullets i think she should have run out at the eleavator scene. And i don't think she ever reloaded.

Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

most clips carry 16 to 22 for a 45mm or so. she shot the first lying figure lets say 6 times, than PH 7 times or so with a new clip and the 1 shot in the church.
she should've still had suffient enough bullets left if she had 22 in the mags but if it were only 16 than it would explain the lack there of. however we all know one scene ended on the cutting room floor which shows Cybil shooting at another lying figure.

Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

Her gun looked like an 18 clipper that the reason why i thought she ran out, or so it looked like it to me.

[the only reason i come to believe it was an 18 clipper is because that gun looked like the one my grandpa let me pratice with as a kid, and it had only 18 bullets]

[though everyone knows the movie rules the good guys never reload, unless they're about to die, or are in a safe place. lol gay]

Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

I'm a PI, so I know for a fact there are no 18 clippers, you probably had a 22 and there were 18 left . . . . which means GRANDMA KILLED SOMEONE!!!! :shock:

Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

Msgrim wrote:I'm a PI, so I know for a fact there are no 18 clippers, you probably had a 22 and there were 18 left . . . . which means GRANDMA KILLED SOMEONE!!!! :shock:
LOL you know what, that could have been true, he was a big fat 650 pound drug dealer

lol......[i'm not kidding]

jamie
Just Passing Through

Post by jamie »

I trust most of you are familiar with the fight or flight response. She wasn't there to slay monsters, she was looking for her daughter. In her situation, stopping to fight the monsters, self-defense or otherwise, would be more dangerous than just running away.

And a bowling ball? What the fuck?!
jayesbee.blogspot.com
Distorted Self-Images
Just Passing Through

jamie wrote:I trust most of you are familiar with the fight or flight response. She wasn't there to slay monsters, she was looking for her daughter. In her situation, stopping to fight the monsters, self-defense or otherwise, would be more dangerous than just running away.

And a bowling ball? What the fuck?!
Hummmm good point, as i said it must just be that fact of being a male that some of use are yelling at the scream...."PICK UP THE FUCKING GOLFCLUB."