This made my teeth grind...

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

dagoth_jeff
Just Passing Through

Post by dagoth_jeff »

I always had a hard time with Cybil's refusal to take off the handcuffs, despite the fact that some very strange things are out there, stalking and chasing them. I was grinding my teeth thinking "alright, uncuff her already, and both of you get into some kind of attack posture." I hate to point out the horror stereotype that attractive women in horror movies are almost always helpless - they spend most of their time running, crying and screaming. Maybe that's why everyday weapon objects went ignored.
Silent Hill is the only game that has ever scared the living crap out of me.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Like a lot of people here, I too got upset when Cybil didn't get into the elevator. I also got upset when she didn't even try to fight back. I mean, before they started wacking her. But I also realize...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
if Cybil did get into the elevator, who would have distracted Christabella from burning Sharon first?
Basically, Cybil was a sacrifice.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i dont think so.
they killed her because they didnt want to face the truth. remember?
"burning? thats your answer to everything?"
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

^ I was referring to the fact that Sharon was to be burned. But since they had Cybil, Cybil got burned first. That stalled Christabella long enough for Rose to come back. So it's almost as if Cybil was an unknowing "sacrifice;" instead of Sharon, they only burned her. That was not their intention, but from my point of view that's sort of what it was like.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

still, they just wanted to kill her. sharon is the true sacrifice. it not that u are wrong,
this is just my thought
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I think if Cybil was going to die, I'd want it to be the way she can die in the game. That part of the movie just irritated me.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
dagoth_jeff
Just Passing Through

Post by dagoth_jeff »

Alessyl wrote:I think if Cybil was going to die, I'd want it to be the way she can die in the game. That part of the movie just irritated me.
I found it to be very disturbing to watch her face blister and peel off as she was roasted alive. Even typing this made me sick to my stomach.
PH ripping off what's-her-name's skin wasn't so bad, because it looked ridiculous, and flat-out impossible. (In one piece?!?)
Silent Hill is the only game that has ever scared the living crap out of me.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

dagoth_jeff wrote: PH ripping off what's-her-name's skin wasn't so bad, because it looked ridiculous, and flat-out impossible. (In one piece?!?)
Anna, I think it was? That part freaked me out. O_O
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i liked it ^^ even if ts not PH's style of executing
fogfactor
Just Passing Through

Post by fogfactor »

i really didn't like the film, because it is so unlike the game, iwas hoping to see the GOD
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I was hoping there was going to be an ending similar to the game. And we didn't see the god because the people in the movie didn't actually do what they were supposed to do that would get the god to appear.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

we didnt even saw a symbol like the Halo of the Sun or Metatron or Flauros...
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Alessyl wrote:I was hoping there was going to be an ending similar to the game. And we didn't see the god because the people in the movie didn't actually do what they were supposed to do that would get the god to appear.
There was no god in the movie.

Anastasis, check some of the older threads. The symbols do appear in the movie, though quickly.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

ok, i will, thanks
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

wow, theres metatron! thanks again
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Msgrim wrote:I said the same thing. I think if she had done something differently she could haved saved Cybil. Also I find it rather funny that when Rose entered the elevator there was a short few seconds that Cybil could've followed. Every time I view the film that scene always upsets me.
Ah, I know what you mean, that's the decisive moment isn't it! Like the part which seals her fate. She was a brilliant character and it was really upsetting to see her suffer and die. But then, it made Rose/Alessa's brutal revenge all the more fantastic.