Pyramid Head not so scary anymore?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

silenthillwhore wrote:I think the PH's triangular look in the movie is better style than the octogonal version of the game......that's just me :twisted:
Octogon? :? His in game helmet has 8 sides?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
theshaman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Pyramid Head not so scary anymore?

Post by theshaman »

LanceS133 wrote:After seeing the much more intimidating, taller, muscular, and overall more frightening movie PH, is the game PH less effective to anyone else anymore? Or is it just me?
na, I played the game a few times since I seen the movie and thought pyramid head was still scary as hell but the PH in the movie isnt as good at all, has you sed the chap had muscles, thats hollywood for ya :lol:
there are things known and unknown, in between is silent hill
ZombieLADY
Just Passing Through

Post by ZombieLADY »

I shit myself the entire time in SH2 because of him O_O
But I didn't much care for the movie's PH. He did look better, but I just wasn't scared of him at all.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/RazzyRabit/SHavatars.gif[/img]
KaylaSparky8
Just Passing Through

Post by KaylaSparky8 »

Moosefrenzy wrote:It's all about the Great Knife really....
Hah.Yeah.The part with the shoving of the door and the knife scared the SHIT out of me.
[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/kaylasparky8/sig.jpg[/img]
silenthell88
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by silenthell88 »

I think the game version is more badass. When you shoot the game version the bullets bounce off his helmet and he only slows down for a sec. The movie version takes damage and groans in pain. The movie version also needs an army of cockroaches to aid his rampage. The movie version had an almost human like personality coming out but the game version is more mysterious. He's like a moving statue of death. The game version also has a giant perverted tongue. haha
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

^The game version also takes his sexual aggression out on mannequins. If that's not scary i don't know what is.
nicole84
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by nicole84 »

I actually found the movie PH quite as scary as the game PH. When I heard his great knife screeching on the floor I was like "Oh, shit Rose, run like hell!" And of course the first time I saw PH in SH2 I shit my pants! :shock:
Obscurity
Just Passing Through

Post by Obscurity »

I can't really say. SH2 PH is eerie. Movie PH is ripped and pissed off. I think they're terrifying in their own ways.. I honestly can't say which one scares me more.
Salem
Just Passing Through

Post by Salem »

I didn't think the movie one was scary at all. In the game he's this shambling, sinuey, silent killing machine and has no right to be able to use that knife not to mention wear that helmet without crumpling over. For me, that gave a bit of unearthliness to him, a small sense of something ain't right with this one. In the movie all I saw was token jacked extra in a goofy hat.

Although that skin ripping thing was awesome!
"Salem, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are seeing it from a different point of view."- Someone on another forum.

But yeah... that pretty much sums me up.
seal_of_metatron
Just Passing Through

Post by seal_of_metatron »

he should have been saved for 2... just showing up without an explanation anywhere in the movie made him seem kind of pointless.. liked the movie helmet a lot more, though.....
there's not too many kids, just the wrong people having them
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

^ agreed.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Aphorah

Re: Pyramid Head not so scary anymore?

Post by Aphorah »

LanceS133 wrote:After seeing the much more intimidating, taller, muscular, and overall more frightening movie PH, is the game PH less effective to anyone else anymore? Or is it just me?
To me the only time PH was actually scary was the first time I ever saw him in the movie. When I saw him in SH2 he wasn't all that scary.

I 'spose that PH has always been kind of a symbol to me. One of power, confusion, and regret.. it's only my opinion though.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I feel like I have been playing SH2 so long that PH has just became to familar of a freind to be scary to me. I really didnt like the PH in the movie it was glamorized a bit to much for my taste.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Paddock
Just Passing Through

Post by Paddock »

Yeah I've come to like ol' PH. I saw the movie before playing SH2 and thought PH was quite a freak...so big and that great knife was so much bigger. But then I played SH2 and meeting PH was kind of anti-climatic. But still, hearing that great knife scraping along the ground at night does make your pulse race :mrgreen:
Death is his business, and business is good.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think it's his height in the movie that makes him scary. That scene where he appears behind thingy (I can't remember her name :? ) was wery creepy. :shock:
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

Dude pyramid Head in the game=your balls hide in your ass for a while...
pyramid head in the movie= stripped to your skin, then stripped OF your skin...
(and the winner for most fucked up thing to say to comfort some one bathed in anothers intrails is)? "WITCHES!!!!"
if you see pyramid head
1. run
2. hide in a closet like no one really saw you
3.???????
4. PROFIT!
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/im ... siness.jpg
Last edited by Jim beam was yo dADDY on 15 Jan 2008, edited 2 times in total.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
Prostetiche
Just Passing Through

Post by Prostetiche »

the PH from the movie needed more rapping to make him scarier

but on the other hand, he didnt have low poligon counting =P
Have you seen a little girl?

NO YOU PERVERT!!!
Vikktoria
Just Passing Through

Post by Vikktoria »

His name isn't all that intimidating, but everything else about him is very dark and creepy. I love it though.
"A beast approaches, and it was King Leonidas himself who provoked it."
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

I preferred the menacing Pyramid Head of the game to the more violent, physical Pyramid Head of the movie. I guess it's kind of a Freddy vs. Jason type thing... do you get more scared by the slow, hulking stalker or the less efficient but more violent killer?

To agree with what was said on the first page - anyone would scared stupid seeing either one of them in person.

I have to say, though, I find them both equally non-scary as far as movie/game monsters go. They're both just too human.
Raina Audron
Just Passing Through

Post by Raina Audron »

PH in SH2 was scary IMO. When I played SH2 after few months, I was so scared of him (playing at night with nobody home makes you feel a little uncomfortable). When you heard the Great Knife being dragged but you didn´t see him...that was cool 8)
The movie doesn´t capture the atmosphere of fear like the game, so I wasn´t afraid of the movie PH (The whole movie wasn´t scary at all...).