Casting Call!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Casting Call!

Post by AgentNein »

Alright folks, quick querie: Let's pretend this movie was wiped off of celluloid history; who would you cast for a Silent Hill film? Of course the cast is limited to preexisting Silent Hill characters, but feel free to run the gamut of the franchise.

Here's a couple of my choices:

Dr. Kauffman-Michael Madsen. I swear, I've had this guy in my head ever since I played the original SH.

Lisa-Christina Hendricks. To be fair, I dream-cast this girl in everything. She's also Poison Ivy and Catwoman, and Meryl from MGS. Look her up, she's absolutely beautiful.

And just so this doesn't turn into a list thread (new to these boards, but from where I come from lists are no fun), everybody try to limit themselves to two cast members per post, and give at least a brief idea of why you think that they work.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

kg from tenacious d as andrew desalvo(sp?). he just looks like a perverted creep to me (not saying he is). and l'd like to see kate beckinsale as eileen. l love her performances. l find her great in all that she does and l could see her as clingy like eileen is.
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

It's been said plenty of times before, but Aaron Eckhart would make a great James. He looks a lot like him, and I personally think he's a great actor. I think he could handle the character without making himself look like a goofball.

On a similar note, I'm not at all a fan of Cameron Diaz, but every one of her scenes in Vanilla Sky made me think of Maria, and not just because they look alike. She might actually be a good choice for the character.

I'm sorry if you wanted us to stick with Silent Hill 1. :wink:
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Well I'd say seeing how the thread is doing (or not going), I'm going to lower my standards.

Seriously, I was thinking the whole series in the first place anyway. And wow, I never thought of Eckhart before. He's really perfect for it.

I'd probably cast Naomi Watts for Mary/Maria though. In big part because she's good in everything she does.
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

I know he caught some flak due to the studio ramming his role down Gans throat. However, I think Sean Bean would do very well as James. His acting was top notch in the first movie, and the stage is set for him to return with those "people that know what their doing." Not to mention he already blames himself for her death, something that needs to be explained. Just why did Rose trust him so little as to abscond with their daughter to Silent Hill? Enough room for a dirty secret there.
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

Tim Robbins = James Sunderland

"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
joevonglock
Just Passing Through

Post by joevonglock »

TleilaxuEyes wrote:It's been said plenty of times before, but Aaron Eckhart would make a great James. He looks a lot like him, and I personally think he's a great actor. I think he could handle the character without making himself look like a goofball.

On a similar note, I'm not at all a fan of Cameron Diaz, but every one of her scenes in Vanilla Sky made me think of Maria, and not just because they look alike. She might actually be a good choice for the character.

I'm sorry if you wanted us to stick with Silent Hill 1. :wink:
Aaron would be a great choice. But i would rather see Maggie Grace as Mary/Maria than Cameron.
[url=http://www.silentswe.com]Silent Hill Swedish FORUM[/url]
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

A younger Christopher Walken as Walter would definitely rock my socks :)

Nick Frost (Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz) as Eddie would be brilliant too :D
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
Orestes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Orestes »

LanceS133 wrote:Tim Robbins = James Sunderland
Nah, he's too old. And it would be too similar to Jacob's Ladder. I'd like to see Nathan Fillion as either Harry or James. He's a fantastic actor who doesn't get used enough.

I agree with Nick Frost as Eddie, that would be great.

As for Walter, Brad Pitt is the perfect lookalike for him when he has long hair.
In Silent Hill, the party finds you
woofy

Post by woofy »

Sean William Scott as Travis O'Grady
He looks a lot like him, and can play dumb/confused really well.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

Viggo Mortensen as Walter Sullivan, Thomas Jane as Henry Townsand. but yeah dude I think Micheal Madsen would be badass in a sh movie.
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Totally. And Viggo Mortensen is great in anything he does. That's a great pick.

I don't know about Sean William Scott as Travis though....he might almost be too good at acting dumb and clueless if you know what I mean.
Master of Torture
Just Passing Through

Post by Master of Torture »

I would have Leonardo DiCaprio as James or Vincent because I thnk he would be able to portray those characters best.
I would also have Morgan Freeman as any character because he can take anything and act it perfectly. :)
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

I can't see DiCaprio as James (I'm not sure what James' official age was, but he always came off to me as late 30s early 40s, so Leo has abit of aging to do), but I can totally see him as Vincent.

Or even...Walter! I think he's just good enough of an actor to pull off a crazy cult undead psychopath. Hell, he could play Henry too. He just does everything very well.
Master of Torture
Just Passing Through

Post by Master of Torture »

AgentNein wrote:I can't see DiCaprio as James (I'm not sure what James' official age was, but he always came off to me as late 30s early 40s, so Leo has abit of aging to do), but I can totally see him as Vincent.
I seen him as James because I think that he would be able to play his mental state and everything he does and goes through very well.
I don't care if he looks like or looks the same age or anything like the character, which is obvious I said that Morgan Freeman should play someone and he is way too old for any character and really does not resemble anyone at all.
AgentNein wrote:Or even...Walter! I think he's just good enough of an actor to pull off a crazy cult undead psychopath. Hell, he could play Henry too. He just does everything very well.
I love the Walter idea, but hate the Henry idea.
Captain Coatrack

Post by Captain Coatrack »

Tom Cruise as Henry Townshend.

Not that I'd actually want him in a Silent Hill movie, but he can look kinda similar.
I'm bringin' Scexies back.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Captain Coatrack wrote:Tom Cruise as Henry Townshend.

Not that I'd actually want him in a Silent Hill movie, but he can look kinda similar.
Crazy, but it just might work.
KaylaSparky8
Just Passing Through

Post by KaylaSparky8 »

I think that Kurt Cobain looks like Walter Sullivan, but he can't act as him since he is deceased. So, my boyfriend suggested the WWE wrestler Edge, but I can't see him as Walter Sullivan, because Walter is supposed to be somewhat handsome. My boyfriend says that the WWE wrestler Undertaker should be Pyramidhead. He then went on to say that Alison Lohman could be Heather. I think that Samuel L. Jackson should be the policeman from Homecoming, I can't remember his name.
[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/kaylasparky8/sig.jpg[/img]
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

GET THESE MOTHERFUCKIN' SCHISMS OUTTA MY MOTHERFUCKIN' POLICE STATION!!!

<3 DW
Girl Interrupted
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Girl Interrupted »

Heath Ledger reminds me of Alex Shepherd in this picture:

Image Image

I would so cast him if he were here today!

Seriously thinking about it I think he could have pulled it off.