Notes left: 516
my bad, i just thought 'twas neat-o. :wink:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Nov 2007
Notes left: 146
Last seen at: Florida.
Shoot The Sky wrote:
Colin stuck out in my head the most after the movie. Just how he's like twisted... like that doesnt really look all that comfortable...
The nurse scene is definatelly the highlight of the movie. Super intense

He was made to look like he was "crawling" on his genitalia.

Pretty much all the parts with Dark Alessa in them scared the Sh** out of me.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2008
Notes left: 34
Quote:
right before rose sees the dark one scribbling over the pictures, there's a shot of the flashlight going up the wall and there is a red halo on the wall

I never knew that, and I think it's neat too.

Anyways, I think the part where Rose has to reach into Colin's mouth, the Nurse scene, and the whole scene where she find Alessa, hears the explanation and then we see Lisa with her eyes all freaky-like, are really creepy in the sense that everyone finds things creepy.
Overall, though, I found the movie somewhat of a disappointment. I didn't like seeing PH there just to placate the fans (although the scene where he rips Anna's skin off still gives me the chills. Ugh, why did he have to grab here "there" anyways). and all of the CG really killed the vibe.
You know what really made me enjoy the movie? All of Sean Bean's scenes. They were subtle, filled with a purpose, no CG, and from a Hitchcock point of view, downright creepy. Plus I like Sean Bean, so that really helped also.

Post subject:

naughtynurses wrote:
for me, it is when colin is writhing on the floor doing that tongue thing *sonnysquirmsandgetsuneasyfeeling* right after that when rose is going down the stairs and all the bodies are hanging and colin is screaming, that part makes me so uncomfortable i can barely stand to watch it. but i still love it :twisted:. also, off subject, but right before rose sees the dark one scribbling over the pictures, there's a shot of the flashlight going up the wall and there is a red halo on the wall, it's kind of hard to see, but if you slow it down you'll see what i mean, funfact :)

I agree with you! And what about the monsters where Rose and Cybil found, the first time they started to show us his shape, it creeps me out, when it spat a liquid spoiled at Cybil.
And also about the baby monsters as you said and before of the scene, where the first she came into an Alley and the dark arrived, when she saw the blood-stained-bed and it really disgusted me and freaked me out.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Aug 2008
Notes left: 443
Last seen at: New Yerrk
I personally thought the creepiest scene was Cybil and Rose arguing as that thing came walking towards them. Just the way it walked, the way it struggled in it's own skin, and the general reaction of the characters to it was really really good.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1323
Last seen at: Minnesota
The scene that was most disturbing for me was the part where Cybil was yelling at the cult, then she gets burnt.
*shiver*

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
Everything about this movie scared me the first time. But the one thing that continues to scare me is undoubtedly Colin the Janitor crawling out of the Bathroom Stall and screaming. Second would probably be The Grey Children scene and third is Rose slinking her way through the almost-motionless Nurses and the scene before that when she woke them up with the light. That gets me everytime.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Same Here

Missing since: 14 May 2008
Notes left: 113
heavensnightsh wrote:
I found none of them to be like "creepy" in the literal sense. Unless you wanna count the scene of the miner's being attacked by big roach things. : /

I think that's the same with most people, especially adults. If you've watched enough "creepy" or "scary" things, you eventually become desensitized to it - especially when you know it's not real. I just like "horror" fiction purely for the entertainment factor, not really because it's all that scary but it gets me to think. Kind of like the movie based on the book by Stephen King, "Mist". Though a pretty decent movie, there's nothing really scary about it. Instead, it's meant to show you how people are during times of tragedy and distress. And, the concept of monsters coming over an interdimensional portal is really thought provoking ever since they turned on the Large Hadron Collider.

That's pretty much the same here and Silent Hill with me. No scenes were truly "creepy" but I really liked the scene where Sharon finds Alessa's "twin" or illusion and she says "Look, I'm burning." and disappears into flames. LOL, if you've never seen that before, that scene will kind of blow your mind, because it adds to the dream/nightmare feeling that the movie seemed to have at certain points. As well as bringing up the theme of reality vs. illusion and their relationship to each other, which is something that the game series had.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Nov 2008
Notes left: 70
Last seen at: Silent Hill
The scene with Pyramid Head and Anna really creeped me out... plus the Lisa's scene too.