Why was Christabella killed in that oh so special way?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackFire

Post by BlackFire »

crucifix wrote:
Shoot The Sky wrote:kind of a bit disrespectfull to say that
don't speak for all females on that, because "c*nt" is one of my favorite insults.

anyway, implying that alessa was raped is ludicrous. i've said it before - you guys would make freud jealous with your theories.
Why is it ridiculous? Did you not see the scene with Colin (the janitor) and Alessa in the bathroom?
FYI, it's in the scene near the end where the "demon" is explaining the story of Alessa to rose.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

oh, my mistake. i forgot how much the movie's story deviated from the game's.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
AngelsWhisper
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AngelsWhisper »

If I'm honest, the scene with Colin and Alessa did not scream rape to me. Alessa's reaction just didn't make me think Colin raped her. I agree with Mockingbird that it more likely indicated some form of molestation.
"Gee it's as hot as hell in here."
"For me, it's always like this..."

[url=http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/][img]http://www.urban-butterfly.co.uk/images/banner02.gif[/img][/url]
Tobor
Just Passing Through

Post by Tobor »

BlackFire wrote:You might as well say that when some nurse is carrying a big steel pipe around, that's supposed to symbolize...you know.
why would that symbolize a dic more than PH's sword?

Your being a hypocrite. why do they walk around with a lead pipe? To kill you. duhh
There was a hole here, now its gone.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

This thread has been edited, posts removed.

Just a quick FYI here the "C" word you guys are throwing around is a word that we don't like being used here. It's actually the only word Vixx has said needs to be censored. That being said, please don't use it unless you HAVE to...which is probably never.

Also, Blackfire we'd appreciate it if you didn't disrespect people. If you're not sure as to what post I'm referring to PM me and I'll quote it for you.
Tobor
Just Passing Through

Post by Tobor »

AngelsWhisper wrote:If I'm honest, the scene with Colin and Alessa did not scream rape to me. Alessa's reaction just didn't make me think Colin raped her. I agree with Mockingbird that it more likely indicated some form of molestation.
Exactly.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

BlackFire wrote:I guess it might have to do with that purity thing, but, I was kinda just thinking that it was pretty much just intended to be a violent death.
Although, that purity thing is a good possibility.
JRamirez35 wrote:I think the scene where PH thrusts his massive sword through the door at Rose and Cybil strongly implies that Alessa was indeed raped.
Honestly, I think that's just a ridiculous thing to say. Do you really think that by merely shoving a big knife through a door to kill them, that it was supposed to symbolize that, or anything even?
Uhhh, he's trying to kill them.

You might as well say that when some nurse is carrying a big steel pipe around, that's supposed to symbolize...you know.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON! Do not double OR triple post!
Just because you don't see symbolism doesn't mean it's not real or that I'm wrong and not allowed to think outside the box.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Why was Christabella killed in that oh so special way?
Because she was a raging vagina.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

Silent Hill has a way of liking to defile things, with whatever they fear the most. Now this is pure speculation, but considering how obsessed Christabella was with demon children. And the focus of her cult that she may well have been virgin. With a fear of loosing that. If Alessa knew as much about Christabella as the town usually knows about it's visitors in the games, probably decided that was the ideal way to exact grusome vengence. Then again, I'd say most women wouldn't enjoy dying such a way in the least. So maybe there is no special meaning beyond that.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

JRamirez35 wrote:I think the scene where PH thrusts his massive sword through the door at Rose and Cybil strongly implies that Alessa was indeed raped.
... Or he's just trying to kill them.

Simple things sometimes really are just that - yes, even in Silent Hill.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Tobor
Just Passing Through

Post by Tobor »

Justicar333 wrote:Silent Hill has a way of liking to defile things, with whatever they fear the most. Now this is pure speculation, but considering how obsessed Christabella was with demon children. And the focus of her cult that she may well have been virgin. With a fear of loosing that. If Alessa knew as much about Christabella as the town usually knows about it's visitors in the games, probably decided that was the ideal way to exact grusome vengence. Then again, I'd say most women wouldn't enjoy dying such a way in the least. So maybe there is no special meaning beyond that.
very well put. i agree.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I got the impression that Alessa was raped by Colin, hence the form she saw fit to give him. He caused her a lot of pain. She in turn twisted him into that form causing him endless pain, so he couldn't hurt her or anyone else again. He looked pretty menacing, but how much of a threat would he have been one on one really?

I thought the reasoning behind the way Christabella was killed was obvious. She was the head of all the cult. Alessa knew Christabella didn't like her, thought she was bad. She was the one that took her from Dahlia. She was the one that burned her, you could argue the entire cult did, but it was Christabella's doing overall. It was her "blind faith", the denial and the brainwashing. Fittingly, she was killed in the most painful, disgusting and you might even say the most impure way imaginable.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down