News (or lack thereof) on the soundtrack being released

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

News (or lack thereof) on the soundtrack being released

Post by ur-vile »

I e-mailed Scorekeeper from Ain't It Cool News and asked him if he had heard anything regarding a Silent Hill movie soundtrack. He said he hadn't and was surprised it hasn't happened. Guessed it might be due to copyright issues. I asked him the next time he spoke to Jeff Danna if he would ask him about it and he said he would
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I saw a bunch of music from the movie on Itunes, labeled "Silent Hell" instead of "Silent Hill."
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^it's a overpriced fan compilation
spaceycasey21
Just Passing Through

Post by spaceycasey21 »

Do they really need to release a movie soundtrack though if most, if not all of the songs from the movie can be found on the soundtracks for the different games?
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I think some of the tracks are re-recordings, aren't they? I have a few of the game soundtracks so I can listen to the songs, but when I hear some of them in the film, I'm pretty certain some of them, particularly the kinda dry MIDI sounding SH1 and 2 tracks, sound more natural as if they've been re-recorded...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

Yeah, pretty much the only difference is that some of the songs they put in the movie were remixed. Some of them are pretty cool, but they're not that much different to warrant a special release, IMO.

@ur-vile: they're not anymore expensive than anything else on iTunes.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I'd love to own an MP3 of that nice, much softer version of Promise (Reprise) though...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.