How I would make the sequel.

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

How I would make the sequel.

Post by KiramidHead »

I read that the Silent Hill sequel would be based on SH3. With that in mind, here's my ideal casting:

Heather: Kristin Stewart
Claudia: Tilda Swinton
Douglas: William Petersen
Vincent: Ethan Hawke

Now here's how I would make the story work:
Christophe Gans has stated that the cult in the film is opposed to the Order and were responsible for the burning of Jennifer Carrol. (Here)

Now this would leave room open for SH 3's story, albeit an altered one. For example, Heather would have to be the amalgamation of the good (Sharon) and bad (Dark Alessa) parts of Alessa into one person, if that interpretation is correct. Now look back at the backstory provided in the first film. Maybe there was more to tthe burning of Alessa than her uncertain parentage. Maybe the order had the tradition that a girl with psychic powers would have the potential to birth God. The cult reacted to this and burned every such girl they came across as a witch. Maybe Claudia (or someone like her) viewed the otherworld Alessa manifested as the hand of God working from her. Now, after Alessa split into good and evil parts, birthing God would be impossible, so maybe the Order was somehow aware of the reconstitution of Alessa at the end of the first film. I think that maybe Sharon and Rose being stuck in the fog world may only have been a temporary condition needed for Sharon to fully adjust. During this process, she may have repressed her memories as Alessa. Somehow Rose and Sharon escape from this world, and rejoin Chris, but are soon after attacked by the occlt freak, who may be from the Order or from the cult, Rose is killed and Sharon and Chris go into hiding as Harry and Heather Mason. But the order tracks them down...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't see it working. It's TOO close to the game, which is the opposite extreme that detracts from the experience, imo.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Actually, the plotline for SH3 would make a terrible movie.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

At least it explains stuff, unlike SH1, where everything has to be inferred.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The plotline for SH3 isn't bad, and it could work as a movie, but not as a sequel to the Silent Hill movie.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The biggest problem I have with that is that no one except Jodelle Ferland should ever be given a role as any version of Alessa.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

^^ Why? She didn't even play Alessa in the first film, with the exception of flashbacks.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Well, that's kind of ridiculous. She was in most of the film as Sharon and Dark Alessa- both of whom are Alessa.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Yes, aspects of Alessa, but Alessa herself was much older(as her 'dark' aspect should have been). She played Sharon well, but dark Alessa was laughable, probably because the dialogue was written so poorly. imo. She could probably do Heather well in a few years, but so could plenty of other actresses; however, in my opinion, an adaptation of SH3 is a disastrous recipe for a hollywood horror film.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Regardless, she was in the entire movie as Alessa, regardless of whether it's a unified version of Alessa or an aspect that is identical to her. Alessa's face, as played by Jodelle, is on two of the three major posters for the film and most of the DVD covers. It would be silly to ask anyone else to play her.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

I just found it funny as corporeal Alessa was played by a different actress, and as corporeal Alessa looked nothing like Jodelle, pretty much any actress could pull off a late-teens Alessa. Assuming the people behind producing a sequel would even care, which they probably would not.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

You're talking about a version of Alessa that ceases to exist by the end of the movie. The corporeal version of Alessa at the end of the film is played by Jodelle Ferland. They're not going to base a sequel version of Alessa off of a burned-alive adult woman who not longer exists. It will be based off of the child reincarnation seen in the final scenes.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

They're supposed to be the same person. Though I'm guilty of arguing semantics as well. Heather and Cheryl still resmebles Alessa, though the difference between old and young Alessa doesn't matter much in the film, so it shouldn't matter much in a sequel, provided that they do continue the same story.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It's impossible that say whether the adult version of Alessa would look like her child version since her entire body is scarred by fire and she has no hair.
If they pick someone who doesn't look like Jodelle, then they're facing massive continuity issues. Ergo, if they pick someone other than Jodelle, then they must make certain that she looks and sounds similar to Jodelle. Why go through all that when you can just hire the same actress?
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

I see your point, yeah, and I agree, but such productions are notorious for just attaining another, similar looking actress, because the original has either matured beyond the subject matter or they don't want to be typecast. I could definitely see that happening.

edit: I mean mature in a metaphysical sense.
Last edited by neonblack on 15 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

But Heather's 17 and Jodelle is 14. Unless they picked up immediately where it left off, which wouldn't make much sense anyway, there's not a problem with Jodelle being too mature. And they changed Alessa's age from movie to game anyway. Why coudn't they change Heather's age to fit the actress?
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Did you not see how I managed to work in the Order, and a form of SH3, into movie continuity?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, I see. It just doesn't work out all that well and comes off stale and unnecessarily convulted to try and avoid changing SH3's plot in any way. It's a clusterfuck.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I think I went to far with the whole Chris is Harry thing. i just would like to see more of Sean Bean.
AwsomeAllison
Just Passing Through

Post by AwsomeAllison »

SH2 would have the most powerfull storyline, SH3 was fun to play but it wasnt as emotional.