2 or 3?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

2 or 3?

Post by Alessandro »

Which one do you guys think the sequel will be, why, and which one would you prefer it being based on?

(judging by the recent news that sony or w/e trademarked a sh2 website)
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Most likely is two. The husband(whatever his name was) goes to Silent Hill to search for his wife.

I would prefer it if neither were adapted, but I suppose 3 would make a better film.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

3 would make more sense. I don't see how they could do 2 without the...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
...husband killing Rose...
...thing. Plus they already used nearly all of the SH2 monsters in the first film.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whatever the case, I'd like for the second Silent Hill movie to not be a sequel. An alternate universe, or a story in the same universe but unrelated to Rose's adventure.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

That would be great, but I doubt it would ever happen.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

If they want to do both, it'd be best to do 3 first, while Jodelle's still a teen.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

rm2kking wrote:3 would make more sense. I don't see how they could do 2 without the...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
...husband killing Rose...
...thing. Plus they already used nearly all of the SH2 monsters in the first film.
They could... Uhh... Not use Chris and Rose?
I once was lost, but am now profound.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Yes, you are right they could. I was thinking more direct sequel though, but that would be a mistake unless it was 3. If they managed to get a good James, I would likely approve.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

^ Nah, I'd be more afraid of getting a bad Maria/Mary. She's incredible in the games, and I'd hate for the live action version to suck.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I think they would be able to do her easier than the totally likable and sympathetic James.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

the totally likable and sympathetic James.
Your Mileage May Vary.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I would go for the second one, but I wouldn't like to see things that didn't happen or were mentioned in the game. For once I would like to see a movie that is identical to the game. :P
HeatherBeam
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by HeatherBeam »

Scarlet wrote:For once I would like to see a movie that is identical to the game. :P
That would be a big screen miracle.
Halcyon
Just Passing Through

Post by Halcyon »

I reckon they'll take elements from both 2 and 3, but create a totally new plot, probably leading on from the first film as a direct sequel.
Kinda like how with the Ring 2 and the Grudge 2 they followed on from the first English remake rather than re-make the original Japanese sequels.
Here in the darkness I know myself...
Nurse
Just Passing Through

Post by Nurse »

I think it would be interesting if the sequel was not based off of the story of any of the games and instead was something completely new, also featuring new characters, not acting as a continuation of the first movie. I'm not by any means opposed to a direct sequel, I perfectly welcome it -- I simply think a new plot altogether would be cool to see.

I doubt that's what they'd do, though, so in that case, I agree with Halcyon. They would probably combine elements from several of the later games and use it to make a direct sequel.
[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc231/nanatsuiro/graphics/jamessig2.jpg[/img]
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

I think it would be interesting if the sequel was not based off of the story of any of the games and instead was something completely new, also featuring new characters, not acting as a continuation of the first movie. I'm not by any means opposed to a direct sequel, I perfectly welcome it -- I simply think a new plot altogether would be cool to see.
Exactly.

If you were to stop considering Silent Hill to just be a video game series, and those in charge of the films were to do the same, Silent Hill could become something else entirely. And that's really exciting to me. It would break so many preconceptions about video games in general, to have a film series inspired by a video game series. Similar themes and aesthetics, yes, but it could become entirely its own thing. That would be interesting. I, too, would love a new story and new characters.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
Zerosignal
Just Passing Through

Post by Zerosignal »

I certainly hope that whatever they do is NOT a direct sequel to the first movie. But they couldn't really do 2, because how could anyone's "special place" be a town that burned down years ago? I think they screwed themselves storyline-wise when they decided that SH was no longer a tourist town, but suddenly a burnt down forgotten town. They sorta closed themselves into their own creation...you could say the storyline itself is trapped in its' own nightmare world that it's gonna be hard to get out of, and equally hard to work within.

I guess it would be a relatively easy fix if they just make Brahms James and Mary's special place, assuming they stick with those characters and don't try to squeeze Rose and Whats'-his-face into the sequel.
[i]Stay.
You don't always know where you stand,
'Till you know that you won't run away.
There's something inside me that feels...
Like breathing in sulfur.[/i]
[b]-Slipknot[/b]
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

Zerosignal wrote:I certainly hope that whatever they do is NOT a direct sequel to the first movie. But they couldn't really do 2, because how could anyone's "special place" be a town that burned down years ago? I think they screwed themselves storyline-wise when they decided that SH was no longer a tourist town, but suddenly a burnt down forgotten town. They sorta closed themselves into their own creation...you could say the storyline itself is trapped in its' own nightmare world that it's gonna be hard to get out of, and equally hard to work within.

I guess it would be a relatively easy fix if they just make Brahms James and Mary's special place, assuming they stick with those characters and don't try to squeeze Rose and Whats'-his-face into the sequel.
My wife died from that damn disease 30 years ago.

I can't see an adaptation of SH2 feasible working in the movies's continuity, it's the most promising story for an adaptation, shame. I guess it could possibly work if the film was set in the 60's or 70's.
mermaid symphony
Just Passing Through

Post by mermaid symphony »

Out of those two, maybe three.

But I actually think 4 might work. If they gave Henry some personality.
icon from creamiicandy on lj
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

A couple of months ago I read a rumor that Sh2 movie will follow Sean Bean (DaSilva) in search of his 1st wife & so on. But I couldn't find it anywhere.
Personally, I'd appretiate it if they continued it with the 'DaSilva's, the husband I mean.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die