Now that Jodelle is going to be in Twilight...

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Nillin wrote:Most likely dialogue. Some of those lines were CORNY. xD
Kinaa like the whole movie to be honest...
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

I kinda hope not. I'm not sure she could pull off Heather's sass.

Of course, if they go in the same order as the games, by the time the third movie comes out maybe she'd be able to do it. Who knows?
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Faded-Myth wrote:I kinda hope not. I'm not sure she could pull off Heather's sass. Of course, if they go in the same order as the games, by the time the third movie comes out maybe she'd be able to do it. Who knows?
Why wouldn't she be able to? She's done things with her career that most other child actors could only dream of. I don't believe that someone who is already recognized among critics as one of the most talented young actors out there would have a problem with playing Heather.
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

It's not about her acting capability or her range. There's not exactly a lot of resemblance between Cheryl/Alessa and Heather, both personality and appearance-wise. Aside from the fact that she's too young to portray Heather, Jodelle still more resembles her younger role too much. I think an older actor would be better suited, simply. That's why I said she'd be more suited to it in say 3 or more years from now.
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Why does Heather have to be 17? They changed the ages of all of the movie characters, including Alessa, so why should they adhere to Heather's age exactly? And why would the movie Alessa look like Heather? Heather cut and dyed her hair because she was on the run from the cult, but in the movie the cult is dead and Alessa knows who she is and would kill any enemy who tries to harm her. Since the game storyline does not match the movie's, I see no reason why Alessa must be blonde and 17.
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

She's just too young in my opinion to carry the movie. I just wouldn't want to watch a movie with a 15 year old protagonist. Even if she's a good actor, it wouldn't do it for me.

And if Alessa knew who was after her and could kill her attackers, it would make for a pretty sucky movie. Primarily because there'd be no fear or suspense involved. I'm hoping for something to have happened after the first movie that's caused her to go on the run from something she doesn't know about.

Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Jodelle deserves better than to play in such crappy movies as twilight. :x
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

As much as I hate the Twilight series, it's gonna do great things for her career. Tideland made her one of the most well-reviewed and famous child actors in her country, but America still doesn't know who she is. Twilight could change that.

ETA: Happy 15th birthday Jodelle! :D
pyramidheadkiller007
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidheadkiller007 »

She would totally look kickass as Memory of Alessa!!!! I hope SH3 is made as the sequel.
I still can't believe she's already 14.. she's only three years younger than me....
Man, that girl has lived her life.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

She turned 15 last week :wink:
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

They grow up so fast don't they? *sniff* Especally in the movie business. I'm sure soon enough we'll see her do adult related movies and such. Can't wait..>.> When she's the appropriate age of course. Also, by "adult" I meant more dramatic roles, not just sex and stuff. >.<
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

>She would totally look kickass as Memory of Alessa!!!!

Eh, not really. Maybe if her hair was short like it was in the game, and maybe if she was way old. But right now, no way.
pyramidheadkiller007
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidheadkiller007 »

OMG, it evens says it before my post... >.< sorry
Grub
Just Passing Through

Post by Grub »

I'm thinking they will bring Jodelle Ferland back when they remake Silent Hill 3 into a movie (or rather, if.) I mean, they'll need someone to play Heather and Jodelle will be about the right age anyway.