"Ghost Town" Website contradicts storyline :o

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Deathbywoodenplank
Cafe5to2 Waitress

"Ghost Town" Website contradicts storyline :o

Post by Deathbywoodenplank »

The last time I watched Silent Hill, I decided to actually stop the movie and read the newspaper article that Christopher brings up on the computer. If you stop the movie at about 6:31-ish and read the article, there's an interview with Gucci included. Part of the article states:

"When I asked him about that fateful night, he shakes his head, "I went away to college, the first in my family to do so, and while I was gone my entire family died in that fire"

As I recall, wasn't Gucci the one who was on duty the night of the "fire" and saved Alessa??
Not in cruelty, not in wrath
the REAPER came today.
An ANGEL visited this gray path,
and took the CUBE away.
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

Yeah, that's why his hands were burned. I wonder if Gucci deliberately lied about that, or if the moviemakers simply weren't paying attention. Either you caught a huge error or a very subtle plot point. I'm leaning toward it being an error, but maybe not. This is Silent Hill, after all.
I'm going to have to freeze-frame that darn thing now.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I think it's a subtle plot-point. That, or changes were made to the script later on, and they weren't able to change it, since it was such a little thing.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

If you look closely at the newspaper articles and read the Brahams Herald, it's heavily implied that the remaining townspeople have been trying to cover up Silent Hill's dirty past. It's also implied that there are rumors amongst the citizens of Brahams that are a little too close to the truth for comfort. It's most likely Gucci lied to try and quell some of the rumors, and keep Silent Hill's name clean.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

What Ramirez said. You think Gucci's gonna be all, "Yea, I grabbed some burning bitch out of the fire and then she was gone not even a few days later. Sssssh, don't tell the cops the implied correlation that would make in a secular, non-supernatural worldview."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]