Silent Hill at Wonder Con!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

ravern
Gravedigger

Post by ravern »

Psypher wrote:I really hope that scene is online soon. This movie is sounding better with every new detail.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
It seems like Pyramid Head is even better than in the games- ripping someone's skin off is far, far scarier than impaling them on a giant sword.

I would like to point out that this is yet another feature distuingishing this movie from your typical game adaption- none of them usually have anything like that.
i want him to do the spazzy movments he does. u can't have pyramid head without them spazzy movments
Munchy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Munchy »

I just read the spoiler, and
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
oh, dear God. That's pretty gruesome. That might even make me a little sick, and this is coming from a guy who's watched the Street Fighter movie 3 times. Shit... It looks like the ol' Pee-H ain't pulling any punches this time around.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That confirms some things.

Alessa was torched 30 years ago.

Cybil was pursuing Rose for speeding when they headed into town

The town is barricaded off because the Brahams PD are looking for Cybil, a decorated officer.

The Brahams hall of records article at the bottom is probably in relation to Christopher breaking in to obtain information on the town's history.

The curtained room with the latin writing across the top are the remains of the grand Hotel in the film, probably their equivalent of the lakeview Hotel. Seems Alessa was burned alive in this place.

After reading those reports, I'm starting to feel the movie has made the town too familiar to the poeple in the story. If everyone knows its a ghost town, it's not that neat of a story when you end up there. Feels too simplified.
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Bettie Bloodshed »

look. I found the clip they are talking about. I am sure most of you have already seen it by now if you want to. It's low quality, clearly someone sneaked the camera in.

There is the link if you want to watch it.
[i]We live like vampires...we love like killers...we all die like infants, and we trust like mirrors.[/i]
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/1zqslko.jpg[/img]
[i]It's the pain and the sex disguised as innocence....slow suicide. Like it or not, its what we do.[/i]

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

Yes that's the same clip that has been shown.
A member that went to the fangoria con took that footage and posted it here

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2455

and the youtube version is mentioned.