A theory (if a movie is based on SH3)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

I meant; where was this stated? Dahlia didn't actually share the information that her daughter was capable of birthing god, explicitly so she could exploit her power without the cult staking claim.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

and if she withheld the information and hoarded the power, then obviously only very, very few people were let in on the secret. Which still leads to a lot of conjured corpses, unless you think Dahlia leaked the secret to fifty-plus people.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Of course. The only cultists we hear of in Silent Hill 1 are the ones involved with Dahlia, which I assume is Alessa's doing. What I'm curious about, though, is the rest of the cult's activities in Silent Hill, as they surely would've found out about Dahlia's ritual, and Alessa's casting of seals. You'll have to forgive me, I'm clueless when it comes to the supplementary material, as I'm sure you can tell.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dahlia burned Alessa in the house precisely so no one would find out. Say it's a boiler accident and Alessa died, move her in secret, no one in the Order knows a thing.

And Alessa's casting of seals happened in another dimension, so...
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Wouldn't it appear suspicious that a high-ranking member of the cult, and followers of hers, were shifting dimensions? That's what I mean, by 'find out'. Though, I suppose, if everyone thought Dahlia insane, no one would pay her any mind. I still find it strange though.

Thanks for playing professor, by the way. I appreciate it.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They only shifted dimensions once, when Cheryl came into town. To the real world, it would look like a few people disappeared. You make it sound like the Order is fully aware of the Otherworld and shift dimensions at their leisure. This isn't the case.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

You make it sound like the Order is fully aware of the Otherworld and shift dimensions at their leisure. This isn't the case.
No, I implied it would be even stranger that Dahlia and Kauffman did, considering the ritual was unknown at the time.

How did the cult find out about Harry and his daughter? It's implied that the cult was actively seeking them out before Claudia came along.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Claudia has psychic powers. She saw all of SH1 in a vision and restarted the Order under her control.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

That, I knew. I just figured, for some reason, that Claudia didn't rise to power until around the events of SH3. Oh well. Thanks.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She arose a bit before then; certainly at around the same time the cult went after Heather, so atleast as far back as the time when Harry needed to kill one of their assassins.