Yahoo Games "worst videogame movies" Silent Hill

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Yahoo Games "worst videogame movies" Silent Hill

Post by Mephisto »

I'm sure that if Heather didn't have to birth a God, if there were no monsters, if the process was good and not evil or painful, she would have accepted.
Just look at Heather. . . Douglas was all "Hello my name is Douglas" and she was like "Get the fuck off, creep!" D'you really think she would listen to a woman talking about her religion?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Uh...I did not expect your avatar to blink :shock: .....

Anyways, maybe not. However, if she really did manage to convince Heather that her religion was real, and that paradise was real, and that it would be quick and easy and painless, I'm sure Heather would have agreed. Unless the ritual required somebody to peni$ her.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

simeonalo wrote:Uh...I did not expect your avatar to blink :shock: .....
It didn't. :wink:

The Christian cult idea is interesting and ballsy in its own right, but the execution was ham-handed (like the ending).

A lot of fans will agree that Silent Hill is at its best when it introduces moral complexity. One of the biggest problems with the cult arc (aside from its growing general ridiculousness) is that, barring one doing some mental gymnastics on the order of "Hitler may have been right," it's extremely difficult to justify anything they do. Same problem carries over to Christabella's little church: Anything that vaguely resembled moral ambiguity flew out the window when the witch hunting began.

As for Heather, I don't really see her as a religious person. Claudia would have to be pretty damn persuasive to get her to go along, even if there was no "evil dark world."
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I wasn't referring to you with the blinking avatar...lol.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^^Sorry, but I have to agree with Kenji. The minute Leonard starts in with the "nonbelievers" business, Heather is all "I thought you were a normal person." And that was before she saw that he was a monster.
With her Alessa memories, she'd be reluctant to follow any religious zealot, especially one who wants her to do something weird with her body.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

simeonalo wrote:I wasn't referring to you with the blinking avatar...lol.
I know. Just screwin' with you, there. :P