Was this meant to be in the movie?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Hill Fan 888
Just Passing Through

Was this meant to be in the movie?

Post by Silent Hill Fan 888 »

While watching the movie, even my first time watching it, I noticed something about Rose while she was in the Otherworld. Whenever it was really dark while in the Otherworld, she would have a different look to her. She kind of looked like Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3. Did the directors of the movie do this on purpose? You could plainly see while in the dark otherworld that Rose had a white shirt, green skirt, and the same shoes as Heather in Silent Hill 3, but after exiting the otherworld, her clothes would change and she wouldn't look like Heather at all. Is this just me, or did anyone else notice this too?
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

I didn't notice her clothes changing at all... I mean, maybe the short, blonde hair could be similar, but I don't know.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It sounds like the colors are off on your tv. A Behind The Scenes shows the stand with every outfit Rose wears in the movie, and none of the colors are even close to what you're describing. Yes, Rose's outfit does change color throughout the film, but not to that. It goes from dark brown to light blue to grey to blood red.
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

I think it might just be you, I'm not sure I noticed this sort of thing either.
0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0
Just Passing Through

Post by 0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0 »

It may have crossed my mind once or twice, but I don't think I really thought deep about it.
nicole84
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by nicole84 »

Actually, I think her outfit totally changes colour into blood red right after her encounter with the "demon" at the basement of the hospital. I thought it meant something like her collaboration with the "dark one", or something like it. Like she became a darker version of herself.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

What exactly was the meaning behind her outfit changing colour? I can't remember exactly what it was meant to represent.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Rose purchased the Red Ring for 250 Rupees, and now takes 25% damage from enemies.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:What exactly was the meaning behind her outfit changing colour? I can't remember exactly what it was meant to represent.
Was it supposed to represent something? I just figured it was a very realistic representation of how gross one gets when they're trouncing back and forth through the Otherside.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It represents the Otherworld shift. Her clothes get lighter in earlier parts of the movie when the darkness leaves.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Ah....upon thinking about it more, maybe it represents how close she is to finding Alessa/Sharon. I mean, it gets darker and darker as she gets closer to her, and as soon as she reaches the bottom of the lift shaft in Brookhaven, her clothes are blood red.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Rose's clothes turn grey as she traverses the fog world, and then turn blood red when she enters the core of Alessa's hate. The colors on Cybil's shirt change too, though not so drastically.
Myzrael
Just Passing Through

Post by Myzrael »

By the way, Rose does look similar to Heather. I mean not only the boots or the clothes. There are some camera angles and some specific frames on which Rose looks like Heather. If you remember the 'Devil's pit' sequence when she descend with the elevator - well, the camera angle thus formed reminds me of SH3.
So yes, you can say that Rose looks like Heather sometimes and I believe Gans did it intentionally.
[b][i]Every Town Has Its Secrets. Some Are Just Darker Than Others...[/i][/b]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, considering that in the original script, Rose was Sharon's biological mother, it works. JRamirez, do you know if they had the actress already picked out then, or not?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The original script was dated October of 2004, but Radha wasn't announced until April of 2005, and the movie started filming about two months later, so I'm guessing it had already been rewritten by the time she was cast.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The developers found out that changing the shirts would go un-noticed (it's on the Making-Of in the DVD)
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

i didn't notice at all but i did notice that the longer she stayed in Silent Hill the more bloodier/ruined her clothes became
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Actually, one of the first things I thought when I saw the film was that she looked like Heather. I didn't notice it change from scene to scene, but just generally I thought she did look like her. I noticed it first when she falls asleep in the field with the girl, and then even more when she was running from bus stop to bus stop in cuffs. I wondered if it was intentional or not as well. I mean, look and styling is important in films, I figured if I noticed it, someone else in the production team must have too! LOL

Also, the changing to blood red represented the fact she had taken on the vengeance and so blood was/would be on her hands. It's sort of the point of no return moment, where she takes the 'sin' upon herself, the hands covered in guilty blood moment.
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Good interpretaion.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
sophiamily
Just Passing Through

Re: Was this meant to be in the movie?

Post by sophiamily »

i didn't notice at all.because i constraint watching the movie.movie is not a very good ,,so,,so