Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 21 Aug 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Yea, the cult did make that Siren. However, Alessa also used animals to warn of the Otherworld. Remember, Alessa's goal isn't just to kill the cult. She also wants to drive them to despair by crushing their faith and showing them that what they did was evil, and she also wants to secure herself a mother like Rose. For that reason, she indeed needs to draw out the suffering of the cult by playing cat and mouse."

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
So, Alessa is a crazed, extra-crispy apocalyptic asshole goddess of hideous (though sensibly concealed) vaginal destruction?

I suppose I can get behind that.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
alone in the town wrote:
So, Alessa is a crazed, extra-crispy apocalyptic asshole goddess of hideous (though sensibly concealed) vaginal destruction?

I suppose I can get behind that.

That's one way to put it. :lol:


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Aug 2009
Notes left: 273
Last seen at: Iraq
Alessa's Darkness and Alessa created Sharon (Good Alessa) and Dark Alessa attempted to put Sharon at the doors of an orphanage, which was clearly shown how it looks like after Christabella prays for the darkness to cease, the orphanage was a place of kindness and religion (pure religion) free of torture and myths, a place where Sharon can either live peacefully with the other girls there or be adopted by parents who can value her well and be kind to her unlike the world she was in, and I guess that Alessa and Dark Alessa were pretty aware of what's goin' on in the outer world so they knew Rose and her kindness to Sharon that's why she waited till she's 9 (the age on which Alessa was burnt as a witch) so she dragged Rose to Silent Hill to show her how the story exactly felt like, physically and mentally, yet keeping her safe to finish the task and raise Alessa's Reborn form after they all become one.

Every part of the town was a manifestation to what Alessa felt, the fog resembling the limited vision to the unknown future, the ashes referring to burning her innocent body, the gray children are a manifestation of Alessa's colleagues and how they used to annoy Alessa at school on daily basis, Pyramid Head, a clear symbolism to the blind execution judgment that they casted on her which reversed itself upon the judges, the skin pealing of Anna and the cultist which was more like revealing their truth and uncovering it from it's innocent religious shape which they covered it with as Dahlia said (They're wolves in the skin of sheep). and of course most transitions were on Rose's side although they seemed rather hellish yet if you notice how miraculously she was saved, and the moment Cybil showed up to help Rose at the school was no coincidence as Rose's husband, Chris couldn't enter the world of Silent Hill n see rose except for feeling her smell, she wanted to leave him and trace and proof of Rose's existence and also she wanted the armed woman, Cybil to be Rose's partner and assist her throughout the journey.

_________________
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2864
I get the feeling that if Chris ever entered foggy SH, he woudn't do too well. I'm not sure why, but that's just my impression.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - DEATH NOTE EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Yea, Alessa would probably kill him, seeing as how he tried to institutionalize her Good side, and doesn't have any emotional attachment to her at all.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2864
Yeah, that makes sense, now that Sharon is no longer a perfect girl and can feel true rage and hatred.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - DEATH NOTE EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
JKristine35 wrote:
The only thing I could find is that the clocks in both the fog world and the Otherworld are frozen at the same time, suggesting Alessa created both realms at the same time. It also tells us it was 3:46 am when her soul split.


Seriously? Huh, I never even bothered to regard any the shots of the clocks in the Otherworld as anything significant in relations to Alessa or when she made the decision to merge with "The Dark One" to exact vengeance upon the townsfolk of Silent Hill.

Quote:
KiramidHead wrote:
I get the feeling that if Chris ever entered foggy SH, he woudn't do too well. I'm not sure why, but that's just my impression.


AuraTwilight wrote:
Yea, Alessa would probably kill him, seeing as how he tried to institutionalize her Good side, and doesn't have any emotional attachment to her at all.


Seriously? We're talking about the same guy that incurred wrath of Officer Gucci via snooping around where he supposedly didn't belong, after being dragged out of Silent Hill in search of his stubborn wife and "sick" daughter, to ascertain what was truly going on in concerns to Sharon's connection to the ghost town? Christopher didn't strike me as a father emotionally detached from his daughter or her situation, just at the very end of his rope in regards to what do or how to deal with Sharon's degenerating sleepwalking condition, so he went with the only path he figured was better than taking his daughter to a condemned town she screamed aloud about in her nightmares (which, ironically, didn't work out for Sharon in the long run --- so to speak); I.E. Hospitalization and drugs. It wasn't the smartest idea in the least, no, and something of a cop-out on his part (and a big sign of his giving up all hope on his daughter's ability to overcome this problem), but it sounded a lot better than Rose's idea (to him anyway).

As for his survival in Silent Hill? I think his survival would probably be no more likely than Rose's was when she first arrived, I think he would live through it, though. I don't think he'd be as willing to accept the hellish things going on around him like his wife, however. He'd be as bull-headed as Cybill until faced with something like Pyramid Head ...or worse. Assuming there is something worse in the Movieverse Otherworld (besides Adult Alessa's barb-wired vengeance).

_________________
Quote:
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Seriously? We're talking about the same guy that incurred wrath of Officer Gucci via snooping around where he supposedly didn't belong, after being dragged out of Silent Hill in search of his stubborn wife and "sick" daughter, to ascertain what was truly going on in concerns to Sharon's connection to the ghost town? Christopher didn't strike me as a father emotionally detached from his daughter or her situation


Bear in mind that he rarely mentions Sharon at all. He always says "i'm looking for my wife" and "Rose? ROOOSE?"

Sharon's pretty much an afterthought, and he only investigates Sharon's origins in order to find leads on Rose. We're also told in the script that it was Rose's decision to adopt Sharon, and that Chris wasn't really gung ho about being a father.

Quote:
As for his survival in Silent Hill? I think his survival would probably be no more likely than Rose's was when she first arrived, I think he would live through it, though. I don't think he'd be as willing to accept the hellish things going on around him like his wife, however. He'd be as bull-headed as Cybill until faced with something like Pyramid Head ...or worse. Assuming there is something worse in the Movieverse Otherworld (besides Adult Alessa's barb-wired vengeance).


Bear in mind that Alessa made sure the monsters were never a serious threat to Rose. Alessa, however, does not care about having a father in her life.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Nightmareish Waltzer wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:
The only thing I could find is that the clocks in both the fog world and the Otherworld are frozen at the same time, suggesting Alessa created both realms at the same time. It also tells us it was 3:46 am when her soul split.


Seriously? Huh, I never even bothered to regard any the shots of the clocks in the Otherworld as anything significant in relations to Alessa or when she made the decision to merge with "The Dark One" to exact vengeance upon the townsfolk of Silent Hill.

Alessa didn't merge with anything. If anything, it was the opposite- she externalized her dark side in the form of Dark Alessa, then gave in to the dark side of her own soul (sort of like when you decide to punch someone who made you mad, instead of walking away).


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
AuraTwilight wrote:
Bear in mind that he rarely mentions Sharon at all. He always says "i'm looking for my wife" and "Rose? ROOOSE?"

Sharon's pretty much an afterthought, and he only investigates Sharon's origins in order to find leads on Rose. We're also told in the script that it was Rose's decision to adopt Sharon, and that Chris wasn't really gung ho about being a father.


I don't mean to sound argumentative here, but the mere fact that Chris doesn't mention Sharon's name, save for a few times, then not at all, implies that he has no concern for her welfare/safety at all? It never appeared that way to me. I always assumed it the writer or the actor's way of breaking up the repetition of repeating two names by having him say just one name ("Rose!"). Logically speaking, finding Rose means he'll find Sharon as well. None of Christopher's behavior throughout the film ever came off to me as a man simply humoring his wife's desire to have and raise a child, let alone wanting nothing to do with Sharon in the least, just because he doesn't say "I'm looking for my wife and daughter" over and over again.

AuraTwilight wrote:
Bear in mind that Alessa made sure the monsters were never a serious threat to Rose. Alessa, however, does not care about having a father in her life.


It's certainly possible that Alessa cares nothing for Christopher, but the mere fact that there isn't a scene or anything in the tale that implicates that (at least, to the best of my knowledge), coupled with the fact that Alessa's positive, Sharon, only has one scene with Christopher at the beginning of the film, something like that is left open to a viewer's interpretation. If Christopher was more than just a mere plot-device for the viewer to understand a little better what was going on in terms of the story (and something to please Studio Executives), and shown a little more as an active participant in Sharon's life that could've implied some of the things you say about his character (prior to the events in Silent Hill), especially in terms of Alessa not caring about him, then I'd be willing to believe something like that. But then, the film would've gone a little off road and been a little longer than most folk could probably bear... maybe. As it stands, I'll just stick under the assumption that both Rose and Chris were loving parts to the child, but only one (the one willing enough to venture into a hazardous place to solve a worsening "problem" of Sharon's) was needed to accomplish Alessa's task presented in the film.

I'm very aware that all the transitions in the Otherworld's dark and rusty reality and the attacks Rose faced were tests by Alessa (or Dark!Alessa) to see how far she would continue to rescue her child (though in the beginning, pretty much like with the games, I always regarded the shifts as random a occurrence) and to reveal the ugly reality surrounding Alessa's story and the remaining townsfolk of SH themselves. But if it had been a vice-versa situation and the details changed a little for the characters, I don't think Alessa would've reacted any different regardless. I just don't see Christopher as a man who doesn't give a damn about his child and is just looking for his wife [because she didn't listen to him].

JKristine35 wrote:
Alessa didn't merge with anything. If anything, it was the opposite- she externalized her dark side in the form of Dark Alessa, then gave in to the dark side of her own soul (sort of like when you decide to punch someone who made you mad, instead of walking away).


That's one way of looking at it, I guess, and a good way at that. The sequence, however, always came off as two different beings (Alessa and a darker being), both negatives in way, merging to accomplish one goal. To me at least, but then my Silent Hill knowledge is three years seriously rusty, outside of anything that's not Silent Hill: Homecoming anyways.

_________________
Quote:
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
I don't mean to sound argumentative here, but the mere fact that Chris doesn't mention Sharon's name, save for a few times, then not at all, implies that he has no concern for her welfare/safety at all?


Not on it's own, no, but the fact that he clearly doesn't care about her as much as Rose, has made moves to institutionalize her and get her out of his life, and never really wanted to adopt her in the first place, is all indicative that he wants Rose, and Sharon, while not outright disliked or anything, is associated baggage he can take or leave.

Quote:
I always assumed it the writer or the actor's way of breaking up the repetition of repeating two names by having him say just one name ("Rose!").


...breaking up the repetition by...increasing the repetition?

Quote:
Logically speaking, finding Rose means he'll find Sharon as well.


Not if they were in an accident that involved their car going off the road and into the river.

Quote:
None of Christopher's behavior throughout the film ever came off to me as a man simply humoring his wife's desire to have and raise a child, let alone wanting nothing to do with Sharon in the least, just because he doesn't say "I'm looking for my wife and daughter" over and over again.


He is actively fighting Rose's maternal instinct and never shows concerns for Sharon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember an exasperated "not now, dammit" when Rose is chasing after Sharon. I totally have this image in my head of Sharon's shenanigans interrupting hanky panky ;)

Quote:
It's certainly possible that Alessa cares nothing for Christopher, but the mere fact that there isn't a scene or anything in the tale that implicates that (at least, to the best of my knowledge), coupled with the fact that Alessa's positive, Sharon, only has one scene with Christopher at the beginning of the film, something like that is left open to a viewer's interpretation. If Christopher was more than just a mere plot-device for the viewer to understand a little better what was going on in terms of the story (and something to please Studio Executives), and shown a little more as an active participant in Sharon's life that could've implied some of the things you say about his character (prior to the events in Silent Hill), especially in terms of Alessa not caring about him, then I'd be willing to believe something like that. But then, the film would've gone a little off road and been a little longer than most folk could probably bear... maybe. As it stands, I'll just stick under the assumption that both Rose and Chris were loving parts to the child, but only one (the one willing enough to venture into a hazardous place to solve a worsening "problem" of Sharon's) was needed to accomplish Alessa's task presented in the film.


Alessa never had a Father, and clearly doesn't like men in much of any context, and since she doesn't let Christopher into his world, even after all the craziness at the end of the movie, makes it very clear that either she doesn't want him in her world, or she's aware, through Sharon's memories combined with her jaded and cynical insight, that Christopher doesn't lover her.

Quote:
That's one way of looking at it, I guess, and a good way at that. The sequence, however, always came off as two different beings (Alessa and a darker being), both negatives in way, merging to accomplish one goal. To me at least, but then my Silent Hill knowledge is three years seriously rusty, outside of anything that's not Silent Hill: Homecoming anyways.


The movie's writer, director, and Alessa's/Sharon's actress have all confirmed that Dark Alessa is the darkness of Alessa's soul, and not an external entity.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
To expand on the Chris/ Sharon thing, Gans stated on the French site that Chris loves Rose more than he loves Sharon, and Sean Bean made a statment suggesting that Chris finds Sharon to be a 'problem' in an otherwise perfect marriage. That, combined with the fact that Chris just happens to forget to mention he has a missing daughter to the detective investigating the case, is strongly indicative that he doesn't care very much for Sharon.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 Oct 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Blüdhaven
AuraTwilight wrote:
Not on it's own, no, but the fact that he clearly doesn't care about her as much as Rose, has made moves to institutionalize her and get her out of his life, and never really wanted to adopt her in the first place, is all indicative that he wants Rose, and Sharon, while not outright disliked or anything, is associated baggage he can take or leave.

He is actively fighting Rose's maternal instinct and never shows concerns for Sharon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember an exasperated "not now, dammit" when Rose is chasing after Sharon. I totally have this image in my head of Sharon's shenanigans interrupting hanky panky ;)


Okay, that makes more sense in regards to what you were saying about his lack of concern. As for what he says in the movie, at least in the beginning when you hear Rose's voice in the background, when they finally pop up and Rose is screaming for her daughter, Chris, up on the balcony he says "She's there!" and later in the film when he's trying to get a hold of Rose on her cell (which she ignores), he snapped "Damnit, Rose! What's going on?!" ...I never recall him saying "Not now, Damnit" to anybody (or to himself) --- though the idea of their horizontal samba being interrupted by Sharon's sleepwalking made me laugh.

AuraTwilight wrote:
breaking up the repetition by...increasing the repetition?


[Shrugs] I thought it sounded reasonable. It's what I do when I write [fanfiction] (when people are repetitiously repeating folks names in the same way Chris was, whilst in search of someone who's lost), but I'm no certified writer, so my reasoning may be flawed in that regard. :lol:

AuraTwilight wrote:
Not if they were in an accident that involved their car going off the road and into the river.


O_O! Is that what happened when she swerved out of control to miss hitting Alessa, or was this in the script (which I'm only 25 pages into at the moment)? I always thought the jeep hit the wall.

Quote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Alessa never had a Father, and clearly doesn't like men in much of any context, and since she doesn't let Christopher into his world, even after all the craziness at the end of the movie, makes it very clear that either she doesn't want him in her world, or she's aware, through Sharon's memories combined with her jaded and cynical insight, that Christopher doesn't lover her.

The movie's writer, director, and Alessa's/Sharon's actress have all confirmed that Dark Alessa is the darkness of Alessa's soul, and not an external entity.


JKristine35t wrote:
To expand on the Chris/Sharon thing, Gans stated on the French site that Chris loves Rose more than he loves Sharon, and Sean Bean made a statment suggesting that Chris finds Sharon to be a 'problem' in an otherwise perfect marriage. That, combined with the fact that Chris just happens to forget to mention he has a missing daughter to the detective investigating the case, is strongly indicative that he doesn't care very much for Sharon.


Ah, alrighty then! I forgot about the bit about Alessa's dislike of males and not just that SOB that raped her in the bathroom... after the incident anyhow (I think). I always assumed she never let Christopher inside the Otherworld because she had no real need for him since she had Rose (before I had this conversation here, anyways). I have now been thoroughly enlightened on this situation. The things I miss out on when I don't follow the promotion of a film.

_________________
Quote:
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2008
Notes left: 1684
Last seen at: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
O_O! Is that what happened when she swerved out of control to miss hitting Alessa, or was this in the script (which I'm only 25 pages into at the moment)? I always thought the jeep hit the wall.

That's just an example Aura was using. Rose crashed into the side of the mountain to avoid Dark Alessa.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Otherside Transitions Theory

Missing since: 19 May 2011
Notes left: 3
You know that old Star Wars cliche about not giving in to the dark side.

I always saw that scene in the hospital where Alessa touches Dark Alessa as basically Alessa giving into her emotions of hatred, revenge and everthing bad. Put in her shoes, I would undoubtedly have done the same thing.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: Otherside Transitions Theory
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Sep 2012
Notes left: 160
This talk about Christopher not really caring about Sharon is interesting in regard of SH revelations. Maybe he'll be more attached to Heather, because she reminds him of Rose?

The otherworld transition won't play the same role in this sequel IMO. But there will be bounds between Christopher/Harry and Heather. I would like to see him meet Rose again, and even maybe Alessa. While it's obvious he would be happy to see Rose again, what would be his reaction, when confronted by Alessa. He would probably think it's Sharon, but what if he indeed didn't love her that much? Did the way he loves Hather changed his feelings toward Sharon as well?


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Otherside Transitions Theory

Missing since: 21 Oct 2012
Notes left: 26
"In considering the next transition in the school, this theory also holds ground. The transition only occurs when the cultists are attempting to break down the door to the bathroom. As this happens, Rose seems to be begging for help. Dark Alessa, knowing that Rose was a good mother to Sharon, as well as being aware of the very real possibility of the cultists burning Rose, once again triggers an Otherside transition."

I really like this, it makes a lot of sense. When the otherworld transition occurs, Rose appears to be almost praying, and holding the locket of Sharon in her hands, chanting "Please help me." So awesome! I never realized that the otherworld was there to atually help Rose. I'm touched to know there are still so many things to learn about this movie! As for the shift going up the steps, that is definitely to drive Rose INTO the church. Alessa wants her to know about them and their evil, and she knows the cult members will bring Rose to her.

My theory for Red Pyramid attacking Rose and Cybil: Rose's outfit was a fasion no-no.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: