Blind Nurses

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Blind Nurses

Post by simeonalo »

Does anyone else assume that the nurses encountered in the game are blind? Blind, but sensitive to light, causing them to be attracted to Rose's flashlight. Also, accidentally slashing their own kind would seem to support this. Anyone agree? And don't say that they're blind because they have no eyes.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>don't say that they're blind because they have no eyes.
"Blindness is the condition of lacking visual perception due to physiological or neurological factors." Not having eyes would be considered a physiological factor. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

I'm pretty sure they are blind, they don't even have FACES. :P
Then again, it IS Silent Hill so anything is possible. If they did have vision, they would go after Rose instead of the light and not attack one another
I believe, I believe, I believe
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'm pretty sure they're meant to be blind, seeing how they react to light and attacked each other instead of Rose. I thought Gans or Tatoupolos had stated they definitely were blind somewhere, but I can't seem to find the interview. :?
SHF

Post by SHF »

watch the scene again closely. its not the light that makes thenm react, its the sound she makes when shes walking by them
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

They do react to the noise, but they react much more strongly to the light.
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

JRamirez35 wrote:They do react to the noise, but they react much more strongly to the light.

This.
When she left the flashlight and ran away, they leaned towards the flashlight instead of following her footsteps
SycoX17
Just Passing Through

Post by SycoX17 »

to me, i think of it sort of like when you have a sheet in front of your face. you can't see anything, but you can tell where sources of light are. that's how i think the nurses are. they can't see anything in any sort of clarity, but they can see the light. they can also hear and feel, but as with humans, they rely most on their sense of sight. thus, they are attracted to Rose's flashlight lamp thing, more than anything else.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ This is what I was originally stating. I agree 100%
Xev

Post by Xev »

Like they have eyes under all that twisted skin. You can see light through skin.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Or, perhaps they sense its radiation in a manner different from how we view the radiation known as 'visible light'. It could also be heat they sense; a bulb as large as Rose carried is going to emit a higher temperature than the human body, perhaps by as much as seventy or eighty degrees.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Which would be strikingly appropriate, derp derp fire.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Csilent Ihill
Just Passing Through

Post by Csilent Ihill »

I think Gans and Tatapolous (most likely misspelled) did a good job with the nurses and the depiction of their so called "blindness", coupled with the overall execution of the scene. This whole "attractive to the light"-element was also a nice reference to the game's gameplay. A couple credits to their silent screams that were quite original and a little unsettling too.
Yeah, well... that is just like, ah, your opinion, man.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

alone in the town wrote:Or, perhaps they sense its radiation in a manner different from how we view the radiation known as 'visible light'. It could also be heat they sense; a bulb as large as Rose carried is going to emit a higher temperature than the human body, perhaps by as much as seventy or eighty degrees.
I would tend to agree with this statement. What I sensed from that scene was that light, is not exactly something that they can "see", but rather they are naturally drawn to the "presence" of light.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

I sort of saw it (excuse the rubbish pun) as it being a bit like when you have your eyes closed. You can still see an orange/red colour because light is shining through rather than black. And it looked like skin pulled over where their eyes would be so that could follow.

I think the intention was that they're 'blind'. Maybe it's a connection between them and Lisa, who is also cast blind...maybe they're sort of more twisted and corrupted little versions of her being sent out into the darkness (not literally her obviously LOL I mean just like an essence of her, a representation).

P.S always found it disturbing how 'hot' they make the nurses (their bodies I mean), both in the film and the game!