MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

somethindarker
Just Passing Through

MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Post by somethindarker »

well since my other thread was closed i'll start a new one out over here. personally, i loved the movie. so people who didn't like it don't start flaming. just post whatever theory you got or what you gathered from it.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
i personally think that the ending was enigmatic(classic Gans style) anyway what i got from the ending was that rose got back to her house and as soon she realized it was over the mist will dissapate and rose only rose will appear on the couch. the reason i think this is the ending was because Alessa/Sharon didn't need her anymore she let her go. which is why Sharon/Alessa walked away and it showed the roses just the roses so you don't see if the car suddenly appears or anything. sorta like the good/bad ending where you can draw your own conclusions... anyway post your ending theories and what you got outta the movie!!!
www.myspace.com/somethindarker
Archaeis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Archaeis »

I took at as Sharon and Alessa had re-combined (Heather now?) with Alessa in control. Alessa had grown to trust and love Rose in the course of the movie events, and didn't want to let her go. So, she is keeping Rose to herself in the foggy level of Reality. That is why when they went home Chris couldn't see them. I'm not sure if Rose realizes it or not though.
[i]The first biological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
natural evolution is complete.[/i]

Artificial evolution has begun.

[i]The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.[/i]

For they are gods.

[b]Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries[/b]
Pleasent_River
Just Passing Through

Re: MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!!!!!***SPOILERS!!!!***

Post by Pleasent_River »

somethindarker wrote:well since my other thread was closed i'll start a new one out over here. personally, i loved the movie. so people who didn't like it don't start flaming. just post whatever theory you got or what you gathered from it.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
i personally think that the ending was enigmatic(classic Gans style) anyway what i got from the ending was that rose got back to her house and as soon she realized it was over the mist will dissapate and rose only rose will appear on the couch. the reason i think this is the ending was because Alessa/Sharon didn't need her anymore she let her go. which is why Sharon/Alessa walked away and it showed the roses just the roses so you don't see if the car suddenly appears or anything. sorta like the good/bad ending where you can draw your own conclusions... anyway post your ending theories and what you got outta the movie!!!
Great thread! Much better than everyone posting a NEW thread EVERYTIME just to post their take on the movie. But thats beside the point.

How I interpreted it is that Rose and Alessa/Sharon are eternally trapped in the world of Silent Hill. Not Silent Hill itself, but the foggy world. Both Sharon/Alessa and Rose experienced something that only a mother and daughter can comprehend. I find it comforting to see them both at home in the foggy world, even though they never meet Chris again. As for Dahlia (best Character in the movie) in Silent Hill, she has now taken her rightful place as head of The Order.

I'm not sure if thats much of a theory, but thats the best I've got. My head is still spinning.
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/jdawg/fatr.jpg[/img]
"Fire doesn't cleanse, it blackens." Dahlia Gilespie
Anonymous

Re: MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!!!!!***SPOILERS!!!!***

Post by Anonymous »

Pleasent_River wrote: How I interpreted it is that Rose and Alessa/Sharon are eternally trapped in the world of Silent Hill. Not Silent Hill itself, but the foggy world. Both Sharon/Alessa and Rose experienced something that only a mother and daughter can comprehend. I find it comforting to see them both at home in the foggy world, even though they never meet Chris again. As for Dahlia (best Character in the movie) in Silent Hill, she has now taken her rightful place as head of The Order.

I'm not sure if thats much of a theory, but thats the best I've got. My head is still spinning.
That's pretty much what I tagged as well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

OK. I think people should stop trying to compare this movie with the game and see it as something else. Call it a parallel universe.

The way I see the ending is, the child is not so "innocent" as she is made out to be in the movie. Remember that even though Alessa was trapped in the bed, there was another being. When asked what her name was, she said she had many names. So there was her, the Alessa that was strapped to the bed and the Personification made real of all of Alessa's goodness. 3 person.

The reason why she let Rose escape is because she NEED Rose to escape Silent Hill. She needed Sharon to possesed so she can have a greater influence in the real world. Now that she is free from the confines of Silent Hill, she can wreak havoc in the rest of the world. The fact that in the end, Rose's home is shrouded in mist means that the evilness of Silent Hill is starting to spread out into the real world now.

We see Rose in her home and her husband at home as well at the same time but they don't see each other because Rose is still in the "Light" mist and her husband is still in the "Real" world. So there's 3 plane of existence. The Real world, the Light Silent Hill world and the Dark Silent Hill world. We see the door is opened (when Rose came in) but we don't see Rose in the Real world. This shows the connection between the Light Silent Hill world having influence on the Real world.

Also I find it hard (although not impossible) that Dahlia would be made the head of the order since in the movie, she was against the burning of her child (at the end) and in the flashback, she was cooerced into letting her daughter burn and she did regret it. She was more a victim of the order so it would be strange to see her become the head of that order, unless her personality was twisted too much. Kinda like a black man becoming the head of the Ku Klux Klan! Well it's still possible...
At the end, there's now 2 being. The Alessa that is strapped to the bed (and still in Silent Hill) and the "being" with many names who has taken over Sharon. We have to remember that Sharon was NEVER a REAL person. She was the personification of all the goodness of Alessa made real. Thats why she look so much like Alessa.
Last edited by Anonymous on 21 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted Tinhead
Just Passing Through

Post by Twisted Tinhead »

becuase sharon and allysa *i presume* have merged into one being, would the sequal involve a older sharon being pregnate with # the thing with many names and that in being the false god of Sh3? its just a idea sorry if it dosent make sense but some of theses theroys are really cool, but how would a sequal come out of it?
sorry for the spelling.
Welcome to silent hill child of time, welcome to the bridge of one dimension to another, welcome to the end of time.....Timelord!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Twisted Tinhead wrote:becuase sharon and allysa *i presume* have merged into one being, would the sequal involve a older sharon being pregnate with # the thing with many names and that in being the false god of Sh3? its just a idea sorry if it dosent make sense but some of theses theroys are really cool, but how would a sequal come out of it?
sorry for the spelling.
Thats not a bad idea actually. It's very plausible but we have to remember that this movie is NOT a direct port of the game so who knows. They could make something like that and change it around a bit (like they did with this movie) or they could do something completely different.

Still your idea is very possible.

Personally I'm at a lost for ideas for sequels because I have no idea in which direction they want to take the silent hill "movie" and I have no idea how long they want to drag out this area of the franchise.
Twisted Tinhead
Just Passing Through

Post by Twisted Tinhead »

a novel of the film would be a start lol ^^ but i hope they make the sequal good both for new commers and fans of the films and have somethings old but some new. like the one out ^^
Welcome to silent hill child of time, welcome to the bridge of one dimension to another, welcome to the end of time.....Timelord!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I thought that the ending indicated that they were dead.
The otherworldly levels of silent Hill seemed to only be available to those who had died. The cultists were all dead and trapped there, and both Rose and Cybil Crashed and had head injuries when they awoke in Silent Hill.
I think they died. Thats why they were able to interact with the cultists that had all died so long ago, and why Cris wasn't able to actually find them. I think that when the cultists and cybil died in the various parts of SH, it simply meant they moved on to another level of the afterlife, good or bad as appropiate.
So, while Rose and Shannon were able to leave Silent Hill, they were still dead, which was why they couldn't interact with Cris. The only thing that I can think of that doesn't fit in with this theory is why the cops and Cris were unable to find the bodies.
Major Konings
Just Passing Through

Post by Major Konings »

I thought that the ending indicated that they were dead.
The otherworldly levels of silent Hill seemed to only be available to those who had died. The cultists were all dead and trapped there, and both Rose and Cybil Crashed and had head injuries when they awoke in Silent Hill.
I think they died. Thats why they were able to interact with the cultists that had all died so long ago, and why Cris wasn't able to actually find them. I think that when the cultists and cybil died in the various parts of SH, it simply meant they moved on to another level of the afterlife, good or bad as appropiate.
So, while Rose and Shannon were able to leave Silent Hill, they were still dead, which was why they couldn't interact with Cris. The only thing that I can think of that doesn't fit in with this theory is why the cops and Cris were unable to find the bodies.
That sounds like a cool theory especailly since when rose tryed to call chris the phone was all staticy sort of like the "white noise" thing where the dead try to communicate through static. And the end i think was also made so sequel can be made. ( hopefully :lol: )
What it does:
[spoiler]
"It puts the lotion on its skin, else it gets the hose again!" silence of the lambs
[/spoiler]

Just in case you don't know, You can get a brand new copy of GH: silent hill from

http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Malken wrote:I thought that the ending indicated that they were dead.
The otherworldly levels of silent Hill seemed to only be available to those who had died...
Mmm. No, I don't think so. Otherworld crossover happens to people who are still alive...any of the main characters of any of the games, for instance. Just because they were in a seperate reality than the police and her husband, doesn't mean they were dead. The cultists aren't really dead...look at them. That was just a cover from the detective.
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

But thgis isnt the game.

I too think they died, my mate thinks so aswell. As an outsider to silent hill, he says thats the impression he got. Also, when she phones, all it does is crackle, which is what the monsters did to phones.

Not that Im saying they are monsters, Im just saying they are dead, in my opinion.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If your friend is an outsider to the games, perhaps he thinks that because he didn't catch on to the Otherworld concept.

It seems pretty clear that Cheryl and Rose remained in Otherworld even when they left Silent Hill, most likely due to Alessa's sphere of influence. Since it appears that she joined with little Cheryl before they left, isn't it logical to assume that they simply remain in Otherworld?

I'm reasonably sure that they're just in the Otherworld.
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

victim21 wrote:But thgis isnt the game.

I too think they died, my mate thinks so aswell. As an outsider to silent hill, he says thats the impression he got. Also, when she phones, all it does is crackle, which is what the monsters did to phones.

Not that Im saying they are monsters, Im just saying they are dead, in my opinion.

So that implies that when they crashed they died and this whole movie was really a pointless heap of pointlessness? Sorry, I just can't buy that.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]
victim21

Post by victim21 »

well yeah, its basically like the bad ending of silent hill.

Rose does say they are trapped there because of the fire they started that killed thme (Thats the way it sounded to us anyways)

And what wa sthere to get out of the foggy world. It wasnt explained as anyones domain, to me I could be thinking well yeah, thats dahlias, and rusty is Alessa's, but its not. Its just some strange foggy world, where no one knows whats happenign in the film.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying now. Could you explain further?
victim21

Post by victim21 »

ok, sorry if I'm unclear.

Ya know the bit after Alessa has joined with Rose (I hated that btw) and she marches into the church and starts to tell them the truth, of why they are their and how what Christabella is all lies. She says something like "Your denial is ounishing you, your hear because of the fire you started that you died in" ... well, not as obvious but along those lines, and it implied or came across as they were stuck in foggy world becaus ethey died in the fire they killed Alessa in.

Got me so far?

So this would mean foggy silent hill is a land of limbo kinda. So Rose, Cybil and Sharon died as they enetered silent hill. Notice we dont see what Rose crashed into? Maybe it wasnt seeable to her so she wouldnt know she was dead? And Rose was ju7st a pawn of allessa, or "the demon" to get revenge on those souls hiding from her.

I think Im not makiing much sense still, I shall go sleep as Im tired then type up more.
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

Well I understand that there are certain parts of the movie that aren't cannon with the rest of the series and that is fine because this is a different animal. However, the planes still exist and were created the same way as in the games. In the film the narration said something to the effect of "... and a hell was created for them...". Now this hell does not have to mean they are dead by any means. If they were already dead then why would Alessa/Dark Alessa want to rekill them?
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]
victim21

Post by victim21 »

well, they dont know they are dead, and they are trapped. They havent suffered like Alessa has, and thats why she wants to "re-kill" them, make them feel her pain. Not be stuck in some limbo for another X amoutn of years, they have been hiding in that church for 30 already lol.
Jedah
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jedah »

lovelytourniquet wrote: So that implies that when they crashed they died and this whole movie was really a pointless heap of pointlessness? Sorry, I just can't buy that.
That's exactly what happens in Jacob's ladder, The Others and Sixth Sense to name a few movies that have used the same tactic (the whole story/events around the protagonist, later finding out that they were really dead, or close to dying) and those movies were not pointless heap of pointlessness.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/jedahpr/banner7v2.jpg[/img]
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"