Has anyone ever been to or heard of Centralia, PA?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Godzilla
Historical Society Historian

Post by Godzilla »

the Adversary wrote:It was a joke, considering the reputation that name has developed.
Ah sorry. Having a bit of a thick day.
I kick [i]your[/i] ass.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

~

They had lakeside amument park on a tv show i watched once. looked kinda creepy.

EDIT:
oops sorry, ill try to stay on topic. No i have never been there or herd about it untill this thread. I really want to go visit that place now lol.
are there really people who live there :shock:
oO?
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

sh#1fan wrote:~

They had lakeside amument park on a tv show i watched once. looked kinda creepy.

EDIT:
oops sorry, ill try to stay on topic. No i have never been there or herd about it untill this thread. I really want to go visit that place now lol.
are there really people who live there :shock:
there's a few that i've found, one in NY, one in PA, but what i've heard is that they based it off of the one here in CO.

i was speaking with my friend about this, he's from PA, and he said/found:

"and this picture proves a point about how in the games, the streets would be cut off.

http://www.failuremag.com/images/centralia_road1.jpg

thats a picture of a road in centralia. notice how its cracked down the middle, well that could happen on a larger scale, and prove why the roads would end.

http://www.offroaders.com/album/central ... liaGPS.jpg

heres a map of the location of Centralia. notice the big city under it, Ashland. which could be switched to Ashfield."

Edited by Krist. Stop double posting.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

my house in PA, is about 2 hours away from Centralia, and i plan on going there with my friends sometime to check it out. (we'll be bringing gas masks, lol). and Lakeside amusement park in CO, isn't a place to go if you wanna ride the rides. hideous roller coaster wreck happened there, train went off the track, killing the people (obviously). sort of the reason why they decided to use Lakeside, as the amusement park of choice, because of all the deaths that have happened there.
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

sharppunk wrote:my house in PA, is about 2 hours away from Centralia, and i plan on going there with my friends sometime to check it out. (we'll be bringing gas masks, lol). and Lakeside amusement park in CO, isn't a place to go if you wanna ride the rides. hideous roller coaster wreck happened there, train went off the track, killing the people (obviously). sort of the reason why they decided to use Lakeside, as the amusement park of choice, because of all the deaths that have happened there.
hmm...

where'd you find the info on the coaster wreck?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its a story i've heard from a bunch of people. i figure if numerous people have told me the same thing, its most likely what happened.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Sharppunk please resize your signature. 580x100 max.
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

sharppunk wrote:its a story i've heard from a bunch of people. i figure if numerous people have told me the same thing, its most likely what happened.
i've heard so too, would just like to find it on the web...

if anyone has a link, hook that shit up.

it's taken me forever to find ANYTHING on it other than their website, but i know i've seen a site stating the connections.

i'm repeating myself now.
The Fallen Angel
Just Passing Through

Post by The Fallen Angel »

This is some creepy shit, I've driven past that place around 20-30 times between my long road trips from Virginia to Boston (Navy leave) and from NC to Boston. I'll have to stop down there next time I go down.
"Life doesn't forgive weakness."

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken."
Ozonekill
Just Passing Through

Post by Ozonekill »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lat67vuh ... ent%20hill

Here is a video on it. I don't no if it's been posted yet.
HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

Post by HuMaNoId X »

Im going to Pennsylvania to visit my family this summer so I'll beg them to go visit the town. If I do I will film it and upload it so people can check it out. It would be cool! People should visit the town and film or tell their experience there it would be a nice addition to the forum
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia%2C_PA

check that out, some cool info there.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Centralia's about an hour from my hometown, and isn't much of a diversion from the route I usually take. The next time I go, I'll slip on in and bring back pictures.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I Live an hour away from centralia and I've been to other towns around centralia that were like 20 mins away but i've never really been there YET. Now that I know about it and i posted links about centralia in another thread....so im gonna go visit DEFINITLY. So will let you know and ill take some pics for the site.
Chuckles
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chuckles »

Look at the lie .............

Centralia In Media
This town is included in a short documentary on the Broken Saints DVD set.

The town seems to be the direct inspiration for the setting of Dean Koontz's short novel Strange Highways.

Bill Bryson, in his humorous travel guide to the Appalachian Trail, A Walk in the Woods, describes a visit to the town.

I AM A LIE---->Centralia was the inspiration for the movie adaption of the game Silent Hill. <--- I AM A LIE

A Short Documentary on Centralia was produced by Penn State Film Student Garrett Rhodes in 2003.
Are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it?

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2219/noname7mx.png[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It'll be awesome if i just leave my gf a note saying "Centralia" or "went to centralia"
SeFkAt wrote:Look at the lie .............

Centralia In Media
This town is included in a short documentary on the Broken Saints DVD set.

The town seems to be the direct inspiration for the setting of Dean Koontz's short novel Strange Highways.

Bill Bryson, in his humorous travel guide to the Appalachian Trail, A Walk in the Woods, describes a visit to the town.

I AM A LIE---->Centralia was the inspiration for the movie adaption of the game Silent Hill. <--- I AM A LIE

A Short Documentary on Centralia was produced by Penn State Film Student Garrett Rhodes in 2003.
Don't be jeolous because you don't have the devils playground in you're back yard.....
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

Garden Of Abyss-

don't double post.

use the edit button.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry, i'll remember to do so.

edit by amphreded: I've merged the double post for you. Please be more careful next time, thanks
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

how far is this place from Bucks county?