All the songs we've heard so far. (*spoilers maybe?*)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

I could be wrong, but I believe that the organ music in that scene was new for the movie.

Probably the work of Jeff Danna.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hell_is_Silent wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe that the organ music in that scene was new for the movie.

Probably the work of Jeff Danna.
I was expecting/dreading that answer. Oh well.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Saw the film twice, still haven't heard "Waiting For You". When do they use it?
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

it's playing in the cafe/gas station, but it's verrrrrrrry quiet. I barely heard it at all.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

PaintxThisxRed wrote:it's playing in the cafe/gas station, but it's verrrrrrrry quiet. I barely heard it at all.
Ahhh, no wonder!

Thanks for being so perceptive! There's only the one version of that song, right? Live at Heaven's night vers?
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire will now always be part of Silent Hill for me.

Fitting, since I think his "When the Man Comes 'Round" would rock it too. :twisted:
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

fennis2000 wrote:
PaintxThisxRed wrote:it's playing in the cafe/gas station, but it's verrrrrrrry quiet. I barely heard it at all.
Ahhh, no wonder!

Thanks for being so perceptive! There's only the one version of that song, right? Live at Heaven's night vers?
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the only one.

"When The Man Comes Around" reminds me of Dawn of the Dead. I love that song.

Cash will always have a place in horror. haha.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/dumke/Cardia%20Stuff/Shark-Banner.gif[/img]NEW SONG UP!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Can anyone please tell me what song is playing during the scene when Rose is chasing after Sharon and trying to find her at the waterfall. It also plays when Sharon is dreaming and seeing what seems to be a pit to hell.
PaintxThisxRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PaintxThisxRed »

that's a mixture of 'prayer' and 'expecting'. there might be one floating around somewhere of those two together, but that's what I hear.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thanks
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I apologize if someone has already posted the bellow-noted listing somewhere else.

On the Yahoo Movies discussion list under "Silent Hill" (Go to Yahoo>Movies>Silent Hill>Message Board, for those unfamiliar with Yahoo - and get yourself a warm feeling when you compare the level of discussion here with theirs! :lol: ), the intro post under the topic "For those who want the songs from the movie", there's a list of 23 songs and which game they come from, as well as a URL where the poster, "potbellyraccoon", states that they can be downloaded, though I haven't tried his link. I checked the list against my own impressions and I think he's essentially correct.

(I didn't link directly to his post, as some BBs I've been on have had rules against linking to other forums so I never do at a new one until I'm sure of forum rules and unstated local customs. 8) )

The game music is available on CD, for those who are still looking for that. An outfit called "Import King" has been selling them on Amazon.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What soundtrack is the song "Expecting" on?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

None. It's an unofficial title given to a ripped version of the music not available on the official soundtracks.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

When I listened to Expecting it didn't have a moaning sound in it. I just wish I could find that remix with the creepy moaning in it. Does anyone know where I could possibly find it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Providing links to copywritten music is against forum policy. If anyone provides a link, it'll be gone.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
F8TAL
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by F8TAL »

I hate it when people just make up songs that aren't even named on the soundtrack.

Case in point: 'Kill God' from SH3.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/blank_terminus/F8TALsig.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The people who've recorded them--when they aren't available on the soundtrack--have to call them something. I've titled mine Battle for Heaven, which is a far superior title to Kill God.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
0megear
Just Passing Through

Post by 0megear »

I'm sure of (SH2 OST) :
- Breeze in monochrome night (but remixed)
- Heaven nights
- Fermata in mistic air
th3_us3d08
Just Passing Through

Post by th3_us3d08 »

i remembered hearing You're Not Here during the credits, and i think The Nobodies by Marilyn Manson should be in the next movie/game or if Konami made like...a video for the Nobodies with all the Silent Hill main characters all moving their mouths to the words and what not....lol it's just that everytime i hear that song i think about Silent Hill
i'd kill for you and eat the flesh, give you the heart and burn the rest. a thousand miles ain't shit to walk if i'm walking to hold you.
Kerfuffle
Just Passing Through

Post by Kerfuffle »

These are all the songs I KNOW i heard. I think there were more songs from SH1, though.

SH1:
I'll kill you
Moonchild

SH2:
Betrayal
The darkness that lurks in our minds
Magdalene
Ordinary Vanity
Promise (reprise)
Ashes and ghosts
Null Moon
The day of night
Block mind
Femata in mistic air
Silent Heaven
Laura plays the piano

SH3:
A stray child
Breeze in monocrome night
Clockwork little happiness
Innocent moon
Lost carol
Prayer
You're not here
Letter from the lost days
Never forgive me, never forget me

SH4:
Wounded warsong

Many of the songs were alittle modified and put together though.
But i'm happy anyways, they pretty much nailed all my favourites :D