MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I agree that Gans is a bit sexist. There's an interview he gave back around the time of the film's release where he talked about how easily scared women are and how he had to be so careful working with female actresses not to frighten or disturb them. But I think he had good reason to make Harry into Rose.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

JKristine35 wrote:I agree that Gans is a bit sexist. There's an interview he gave back around the time of the film's release where he talked about how easily scared women are and how he had to be so careful working with female actresses not to frighten or disturb them. But I think he had good reason to make Harry into Rose.
Wow, I didn't know he said that. He needs to learn not to stereotype or he's going to have some angry fans tailing his ass. >_<; There are women that are way more brave than some men are and vice versa. A perfect example is my boyfriend. I'm a thrill seeker. I love big roller coasters, going upside down, being dropped, etc. He hates it and won't even ride a roller coaster, nor can he swim due to his fear of drowning, while I on the other hand love water and swimming, and there's nothing wrong with that. :\
Mira
Just Passing Through

Re: MOVIE ENDING THEORIES!

Post by Mira »

This has probably been said a million times, but what I got was that Rose and Sharon were trapped in the Otherworld/Fog World/Movie Name and Chris was still in the real world, considering her never experienced the cross into the Otherworld. (All-in-all too vague of an ending for my liking.)
simeonalo

Re:

Post by simeonalo »

JKristine35 wrote:I agree that Gans is a bit sexist. There's an interview he gave back around the time of the film's release where he talked about how easily scared women are and how he had to be so careful working with female actresses not to frighten or disturb them. But I think he had good reason to make Harry into Rose.
I'm boycotting the next movie.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Re: Re:

Post by JKristine35 »

simeonalo wrote:
I'm boycotting the next movie.
Why? Gans isn't associated with the sequel.
amphreded

Post by amphreded »

Please refrain from deviating the topic. This topic is for discussing the movie's ending.
[size=84][b]QUICKLINKS | [/size][size=75][url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2362]SH1[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2313]SH2[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2327]SH3[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=43347#43347]SH4[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17936]SH:H[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=391270#391270]SH:O[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=85043#85043]SHMovie[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12563]SHGeneral[/url] |[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php]FAQs[/url][/size][/b]
[size=84][color=grey][i]

[/size][/color][/i]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Bringing on-topic:

So what do you guys think happened to Dahlia? Is she just going to keep wandering Silent Hill in the Otherworld? Kill herself? Maybe get booted to the real world since she's not needed or wanted anymore?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It seems Alessa wants her to remain in the fog world, so my guess is her punishment is to spend the rest of her life there, alone. I wonder if she's going to appear in the next movie.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Perhaps we will learn more in the upcoming sequel. That is if the writer decides to elaborate upon the matter.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
impocalypse
Just Passing Through

Post by impocalypse »

Well correct me if I am wrong, but the next movie isn't being written by the same person either, is it?
trai has cake
Just Passing Through

Post by trai has cake »

It isn't but Revelations isn't supposed to be based on the first film. Although the film was based on the first game and Revelations is based on the 3rd game which is a sequel to the first game - I'm not at all sure how thats going to play out.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Revelation is a direct sequel to the first film that will expand its storyline for the people who didn't get it the first time around. It's also supposed to create a bridge between the storyline of the game and the first movie.
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

I just think they were dead from the start and the fog world was just a spirit world.
Not very excciting but makes sense.
What's the big deal - Laura
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

No, it doesn't. It's directly contradicted by the fact that all the townspeople age, that Alessa in the hospital bed is a grown woman with healed skin played by an adult actress, by Officer Gucci stating he found no bodies at the scene of the accident, by his statement to Chris that most of the bodies were never found, and by the common sense that says the cultists could all easily have escaped the building if Dahlia and the police could get in. The movie goes out of its way to show the townspeople are still alive, meaning that Rose and Sharon (Alessa's reincarnation at the end of the movie) are also alive.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

but people ignore the facts hinted at in the movie. hence many not understanding it and screaming its stupidity. its the intention spans of our generation. i hope the sequel isnt dumbed down to much just becouse of that type of audience. :/
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Rainbow_Elric
Just Passing Through

Post by Rainbow_Elric »

I personally loved the film i thought it was original and one of the best takes on a game to film plot i'd seen.Most SH fans where outraged that the main character was no longer james but a female lead, At first i thought this a bit of a spoiler because it wasn't true to the orignal game itself but, after watching the film i understood the coice the director made in making the lead a girl, because the bond/love between and mother and daughter is the strongest bond there will ever be and the female role emphasised this which i thought was fantastic! the bringing all the monsters to life was an acheivement in itself because thats exactly how i pictured them to look! anyway back to the point of the post.

My theory on the ending of the film was that alessa had swapped places with sharron and gone with rose and rose was non the wiser because they were both identical anyway which means, sharron is now the demon! I also was under the impression that rose was stuck in the silent hill dimension and had never truely returned to the real world, which is why chris was unable to see them, because they are home just not reality home, they're silent hill home, if that makes any sense, it makes sense to me lol! Basically the town sucked them in and now they're trapped but they don't realise because they're under the impression that they're home!
The Dead Don't Stab You In The Back Unless They're Posessed!<3
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Sharon and Alessa merged, not swapped. Sharon was always part of Alessa anyway (her good side), so what Alessa did was she had her dark side (Dark Alessa) recombine with Sharon, creating a complete version of Alessa living in Sharon's body. Sharon's still in there, and so is Dark Alessa; it's just that they're now one person again, like they were before Alessa was burned. Also, neither Alessa nor Dark Alessa are demons, at least not in the traditional Christian sense. Alessa is a normal person who was gifted with psionic powers, and Dark Alessa is her dark side manifesting itself. On the flip side, Sharon is her good side. In that sense, Alessa has become both God (by creating a pure entity - Sharon), and the devil (by creating an evil entity - Dark Alessa).
Alessa is fully aware that she and Rose are trapped in the fog world, she just doesn't want them to leave. Whether Rose realizes they're trapped is never made totally clear.
mrnitsua
Just Passing Through

Post by mrnitsua »

I think the ending is simple. Alessa saw dahlia as the one good person in the cult. Therefore she kept her as a way to be with her always. Sharon stayed because she is alessa and can't leave unless alessa goes. Rose is stuck because sharon sees her as "god" and being alessa's good side she stays for the same reason dahlia stays.
The Otherworld, a place that sees no dawn, only dusk.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

That makes sense, except that it doesn't explain Sharon and Dark Alessa locking eyes, or Sharon suddenly exhibiting psionic powers. Rather, Sharon is now completely Alessa, who has chosen to exist in just one body again.
Rainbow_Elric
Just Passing Through

Post by Rainbow_Elric »

which is even more confuesing, I'm sorry i'm pretty slow when it comes to understanding deep storylines and underlaying meaning to things, for instance the manifestation of the players sub concious! but that last post did help a lot so........thanks @JKristine35 xxx
The Dead Don't Stab You In The Back Unless They're Posessed!<3