Mistakes

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

drakan90 wrote:
If Alessa has controls of PH and the rest, then why did they all try to kill her
I assume by that you mean why did they try to kill Rose.

I think;
All the monsters, save PH, I think, are not under the influence of anything. They just wander around, and kill.

Pyramid Head kills, for Alessa, I think, but she dosnt control it. It just has purpose.

You also have to remember that the whole 'plan' to get create Sharon, and get Rose into Silent Hill to get Alessa into the Church is not necessarily Alessas. Its the 'evils'. By that I mean that which takes the form of Alessa as a child.
I believe that alyssa must exert some kind of control over the 'monsters' because of Dahlia, she wanders around the town at her own free will, she even watches PH skin that girl(i'm sorry i'm not good with names gomen!), if i remember correcly, she tells rose and cybil NOT to go into the church.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

When Cybil was killed in the church and you could see her smoking body still attached to the ladder, after the camera moved to Rose raising her shitstorm, and then back to the fire/ladders, she's no longer there.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hometown wrote:Christian cults exist.

In fact, Christianity is a cult, but not in the negative sense of the word. Really, just think about it.
Not really, because to be a cult you have to be not one of the majorly accepted religions (accepted as a faith of a another person, not as your own person faith).

anyway, I really didn't notice any mistakes. :(
But, I do remember that the only time the phone went off it was when it was foggy silent hill, not bloodstained silent hill.it wasn't really foggy silent hill too often.

Don't count the miners.

Anyway, it's not really alessa who controls the monsters, it's the demon. It's the demon who listens to alessa.
But yeah, really, if Rose wasn't scared by possibly dying by the monsters, she would have attempted to bargain with the church-goers, instead of leading them to their slaughter like a shepard herds his sheep.
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

I think that you guys are being a *little* picky.

Name ONE FILM that has NO mistakes in it.
Last edited by Silent_Hill_Tourist on 24 Aug 2006, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

outlaw wrote:one thing i notice is when pyramid head rips whatchaman call her faces cloths off, she keeps her socks on but loses her shoes
Thats not a mistake. Thats just skill. 8)
outlaw
Just Passing Through

Post by outlaw »

guess pyramid heads a stone cold skin ripping son of a cool guy
heaven or hell ? lets rock!
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

Patchy wrote:When Cybil was killed in the church and you could see her smoking body still attached to the ladder, after the camera moved to Rose raising her shitstorm, and then back to the fire/ladders, she's no longer there.
i thought someone was in the background untying her
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here's one. If the fire was enough to scorch and burn Cybil, why didn't it do the same to the rope and ladder? Come on now, that would have burnt too...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

repsac wrote:Here's one. If the fire was enough to scorch and burn Cybil, why didn't it do the same to the rope and ladder? Come on now, that would have burnt too...
They probably used really thick, slow-burning rope. Havn't you ever burned a witch before?

But in all seriousness, its a pretty good question. You have to figure the rope would start to burn before her body caught fire (near the end). The wood might have been finished with something resistant to fire. Gans probably didn't think anyone would be anal enough to think or care about it. Boy was he wrong. :wink:
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

The rope didn't burn because it wasn't close enough to the fire to have caught. Remember, human flesh will blister and burn at a lower temperature than the combusting point. As Repsac observed in another thread, Cybil and the child Alessa weren't actually burned, they were baked alive by being suspended over a fire, it was the rising heat currents which slowly cooked their flesh.
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
Dr. Morbanz
Just Passing Through

Post by Dr. Morbanz »

Empty_Eyes wrote:In refrence to Cristabella being family, I think it was a very church related and not blood. If you've ever been around some hardcore Christians, that's how they talk for real. ANd the not even her "family" would help her, is a refrence to the family of church.

To me it was an accurate representation of a tightly knit church group, the snubbing, the "casting out of demons". People think that the church was corny... but honest to god, my wife has told me stories about people like this.
Sure that is true. I've seen hardcore Christians like that in my home state (Alabama), but I believe that they are supposed to be flesh and blood in that both of the actresses have physical similarities that would point to being sisters.

The cultists in Silent Hill do look like the Christian Cultists running around the US. They give Christianity a bad name just like the Islamic Terrorists give Islam a bad name.
"When an optimist says that the glass is half full. Drink the rest and smack him in the head and say 'Look now its empty!' That'll show him." - Dr. Morbanz
damjrok
Just Passing Through

Post by damjrok »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl5aP-5NYZ0 <Like that lady.

I more or less agree with the Doctor here. I kind of felt like they treated Christabella as a blood sister to Dahlia, as opposed to a religious "sister" mainly in the fact that she did spare her life when they burned Alessa. In a sect where they burn anyone they don't like, it seems a bit random that they'd just let her run loose in the town like that, unless there was a deeper seeded connection tha just former church buddies.
Dane Cook is not funny
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Like I said in another thread, I noticed one mistake in the movie after watching it a second time. When Rose goes back to her truck to call Christopher she opens something and gets her phone out, you may have noticed that her phone is on some sorta chain. Well, one second you see her getting the phone out, the next second it's around her neck...

No one puts things like that on that quick. :)
*prisonic fairytale*
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by *prisonic fairytale* »

About the Anna thing with no shoes... well when PH picked her up by the throat and started walking up the steps with her, she was flailing and kicking alot. Her shoes could have been kicked off while that was going on.

I also agree that the "sister" and family "references" are strictly related to church references, It never once crossed my mind that they were in any way related. And with HOW much they were into the religion, it makes sense to me.

The phone around the neck in the JEEP (not truck...sorry, that was kind of bugging me, I'm not being rude, I'm just saying.) bugged me from the very first time I saw that movie in the theater. I also think that the phone making noise was simply a nod to the fans. I was watching the special features on the dvd the other night and Gans stated that he paid alot of attention to fansites and the fans to do most of the stuff in the movie. I don't think he ever thought he'd come into a forum and see a bunch of people griping about his work!! I did notice that it never went off again, but I honestly think that it was just overlooked.

Other than that, nothing else really bothered me, just the jeep phone thing.
There was a hole here, it's gone now.
pink_isnt_well000

We call those SUV...JEEP things...trucks here...also...so..yeah.
*prisonic fairytale*
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by *prisonic fairytale* »

It was funny, I was watching SH the other night with one of my friends from work that had never played the games or anything, and she pointed out that she saw a "mistake" and I asked her what it was, and she said that "Didn't they notice that Rose's clothes kept changing color?? How could they miss something like that??" I was amused. I tried to explain to her that it was symbolic, but she wasn't having it. It was funny. I think I need to make her watch me play the games and then she'll understand. :D

And as I said, I wasn't being an ass about the jeep thing... You see, I'm in Denver... LAND of the SUV and JEEP. Both of my parents worked in car dealerships, it's just an anal litte habit of mine to know about vehicles... Trucks have always had beds and suvs and jeeps are all enclosed... so yeah.
There was a hole here, it's gone now.
pink_isnt_well000

Well, then that makes sense why you are so technical about it...I see :wink:
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

I have one thing to say about the Anna PH skin ripping scene.

o.o The actress used a some sort of bodysuit that looked like fake skin. Watch closely and you'll notice this.

This 'fake skin' doesn't have ......nipples appearently o_o;;;;.....

AS for the Cybil burning issue and why the ropes were still holding onto her and all, I think the reason why she was seen at the ladder a minute ago and why she dissapeared at the next minute was because when she was first baked to death (....that sounded wrong), the ropes used to hold her was thick. VERY thick.

So thick ropes don't burnt off THAT easily but I think after she was being baked/burnt/cooked/toasted, the ropes weakened and she was dropped into the pit that opened up soon after Rose released the reaper?
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

zaftgirl wrote:I have one thing to say about the Anna PH skin ripping scene.

o.o The actress used a some sort of bodysuit that looked like fake skin. Watch closely and you'll notice this.

This 'fake skin' doesn't have ......nipples appearently o_o;;;;.....
Fake skin? Nah, they literally ripped that poor girl apart onscreen and left it in the movie...
zaftgirl wrote:AS for the Cybil burning issue and why the ropes were still holding onto her and all, I think the reason why she was seen at the ladder a minute ago and why she dissapeared at the next minute was because when she was first baked to death (....that sounded wrong), the ropes used to hold her was thick. VERY thick.

So thick ropes don't burnt off THAT easily but I think after she was being baked/burnt/cooked/toasted, the ropes weakened and she was dropped into the pit that opened up soon after Rose released the reaper?
If you notice, when Rose enters the church they cut to a ladder with a burnt corpse on it... still attached... hmmm... wonder who that could be?

EDIT: I went back and watched that scene again to find that Cybil remains on the ladder throughout the entire sequence, from her burning and throughout Alessa's revenge scene.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

I saw this was sorta mentioned before, but in the beginning when Rose first enters SH you can see that the necklace she wears with the locket that has Sharon's picture in it, isn't there. It's some kind of other thing instead. I didn't notice at first though. It only happens for a few seconds though I think, then they fixed it. I also found it silly for Rose to not pick up her necklace in the church when it got ripped off her neck. :? She could've avoided Christabella from seeing it! :o Oh well...

Oh, I've also noticed something else! When Rose finally talks to Dark Alessa in the hospital room, I saw that when she said, "Christabella will find Sharon...." Her mouth wasn't going with what she was saying... :? Looks like it got dubbed or something.