CYBIL thread

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I couldn't care if she was a weird space dude from Mars.

She still kicks ass. :D
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

Anyway... about the part where Repsac and otehr people noted in another thread that Cybil's bike had mysteriously become ridden with rust as she was exiting Silent hill (personally, I didn't notice this)... I suppose anything that dies in town becomes swallowed up by its power? Gee... maybe Cybil DOES make a comeback as a tortured soul. Hmm... I don't know what to feel about that possibility, I liked her after all :(
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
hakuei
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by hakuei »

Cybil rocked!
Just because her hairstyle looked the way it did,doesn't make her homosexual. I thought she was more of a tomboy.
" When there are grey skies, I don't mind the gray skies.
As long as there's you....." Jacob Singer
( Jacob's Ladder).
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I just now discovered this thread.
Just because Cybil isn't some sort of typical silly girly-girl that meets your standards for how feminine a woman should be does not make her gay. And if she is gay, who cares?

As for the TOPIC, no Cybil being burned was not a good thing, at least in my opinion. She did nothing to deserve it, she fought for good, and she's always been my favorite Silent Hill character so I was very disturbed that she was given such a fate. I couldn't stop saying for the week after the movie "They killed Cybil."

Savral wrote: After driving she decides to pull them over?!? For what seriously ..
I wondered that too. Maybe because they were driving towards the shut-off road to Silent Hill? The one where she drove through the gate? That's what I came up with when I saw it, but some other people mentioned other valid reasons.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

She is not hetrosexual, And if so I dont give a fuck she is a bamf,or badassmotherfucker, And through the hole movie I wanted to scream I love your PANTS!!!!!!!! :lol: :P , and thats why I think she Is hot!! :mrgreen:
ZeroVolumeHill

Post by ZeroVolumeHill »

What,you people think Cybil is gay or whatever?Obviously you guys and girls have never seen a female cop before( :P ).She is a cop,being strong and "badass" is part of her job.What do you expect her to be.A little blonde cutie cant handle such a job,this job will "make" you into a strong badass no matter what.So what if she doesnt look like a sexy longhaired blonde chick?Who cares?Shes still a cool badass motherf***er.

And Cybil was awsome in the movie,I wasnt disapointed by her character.She died in a horrible way that I got angry at those assholes cult members.I enjoyed the scene with Alessa killing them all.This movie sure can touch your heart.

Long live the guy that made the movie...whats his name...Christophe Gans right?
The Lost Carol
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Artaud Theater (Can't be at the hotel all the time, you know...)

Post by The Lost Carol »

Just found the thread. Cybil and her death in this movie is all the more reason why I am angry that Gans didn't include any alternate endings (though I do acknowledge that filming even one more ending would've cost a sack of money, so for monetary reasons it makes sense.) I still have yet to play SH 1, yet I love Cybil and her character. In both the game and the movie. Her style, her bad***ness, how she acts and what she does... I can't wait to play 1 just to see her more! All the more reason that her death saddened me and disturbed me. I wasn't that scared throughout the movie, but seeing Cybil die was awful. I kept wanting Rose to come in, or for the rope to snap and just let her get impaled and die a quick death.

However, if you think about it, Gans pulled an Aeris. He introduced to us a character that people enjoyed, and then he executed her coldly and senselessly, and extracted emotion from the audience. Then we got to see her murderers eat it in a most violent fashion (one of the most satisfying parts of the whole movie in my opinion.) Heck, to my memory, Cybil got the last laugh, since her quote about mothers being gods in the sight of their children was the last line of the film.

Hopefully we might see her in later films, but I hope not as a malevolent spirit. Who says that all ghosts in this series have to be mindless, violent killing machines?
I run, 'til the silence splits me open,
I run, and it puts me underground,
But there's no regret, and no roads left to run...
~Linkin Park, No Roads Left

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2896396386_6d2d92733b.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Speaking of pulling an Aeris, I'd just laugh if someone started a rumor about "Haxx0ring" the movie to make Cybil live or something.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Speaking of pulling an Aeris, I'd just laugh if someone started a rumor about "Haxx0ring" the movie to make Cybil live or something.
No, just... no.

Also, Rose is almost certainly heterosexual. Biggest give away? Chris Da Silva. End of discussion.
Secondly, whether or not Cybil is homosexual bears nothing for the story line. Personally, I think she was heterosexual, she just had an awesome haircut and she was badass.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

> No, just... no.

Unfortunately, I've already heard the theory on IMDB, so allow me to fulfill my promise.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

XD

ok, I'm done.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
dark_heritage
Just Passing Through

Post by dark_heritage »

I always liked Cybil, she was always one of the best characters in the series...but seeing her in action in the movie made me love her even more!. Lesbian or not, who gives a damn? She still kicks the shit outta a bunch of Cristobella's hoods..and then scares the crap outta her...and she just totally has that air of...don't screw with me, I mean business. Cybil was a martyr in the film, and since her last word were telling Sharon that her mommy was comming, I just wanted to jump in and save her...R.I.P. Cybil...we hardly knew ye!
It's not in my head, its all real. I've got the scars to prove it!
InsideTheMirror
Just Passing Through

Re: CYBIL thread

Post by InsideTheMirror »

Latraxus wrote:Alright, i have a question for people.. 1. was cybil getting burned alive good? i mean she can die but i felt horrible for her.. and 2. cuz of the way she died, does anyone else think they'll be a damned manifested creature of her in teh 2nd movie whenever they make it and it comes out?
1 : It didn't really matter if she lived or not. Allthough it kinda sucks...how would you like it if you helped someone and you got burned alive for it?

2 : I hadn't thought about it. It is a good idea and you might be right, I kinda support that she will come back as some kind of creature made by alessa's memories.
Your the man now dog!
www.ytmnd.com
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Re: CYBIL thread

Post by zaftgirl »

InsideTheMirror wrote:
Latraxus wrote:Alright, i have a question for people.. 1. was cybil getting burned alive good? i mean she can die but i felt horrible for her.. and 2. cuz of the way she died, does anyone else think they'll be a damned manifested creature of her in teh 2nd movie whenever they make it and it comes out?
1 : It didn't really matter if she lived or not. Allthough it kinda sucks...how would you like it if you helped someone and you got burned alive for it?

2 : I hadn't thought about it. It is a good idea and you might be right, I kinda support that she will come back as some kind of creature made by alessa's memories.
1) Well, look on the bright side, as much as we all love Cybil and her heroic deeds, the movie would be kinda odd if she suddenly pops back alive, walk up to Rose in her house and go "Oh hey! I just came back from being roasted by a group of pyromaniac cultists but I'm all fine now LOLZ! ^_^"

She died a heroic deed and I think.....as bad as it seems, her character would be weird if she were just to return from the dead like in all those fanfictions.

2) HOWEVER, I do support the theory that if Cybil were to come back alive, she would probably be a creature.

And well.......the possibility of this option is kinda high since Cybil died a death that just screamed "REVENGE!"

She didn't look satisfied enough to accept her death from what I see.

I keep imagining that Cybil would always haunt Silent Hill as a humanoid creature, constantly surrounded by burning flames.

.............*bawls* ;_;
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

i watched the 'Making OF' documentary on the dvd and when shooting Cybil's burning, they actually had a real fire burning and her over it, the actress said herself, if someone didnt tie her to that ladder securely enough she cud have been burned/impaled by the stakes in the fire. so her emotions were very real, she was scared about if she fell off. Gans says in his films he likes to get the actors in a situation as close to the movie part as possible so the emotions r as real as possible. i think she did a great job, but it was very upsetting for me, as was the burning of Alessa. makes me wana cry :cry:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
Sig Courtesy of the Great & Powerful Milfy!! :mrgreen:
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

Yeh, I saw about the making too and they placed Laurie Holden in a real fire during that burning part and also made her really fight with the miners (she said that she was bruised severely on the arms when it was all over).

Though I'm curious. Did she need any stunt doubles?

Because there's a costume sold for her stunt double but I don't see any possible scenes where a stunt double is needed.

And if so, o_o who IS her stunt double? *Curious*
patient_mannequin
Just Passing Through

Post by patient_mannequin »

I don't even know why she just stood there when she didn't have any more bullets. I would've starting booking out of there, then they beat the shit out of her and she let them,
Never forget to reload the clip...

"Everything in Silent Hill is not what it seems to be.."
Ricochet
Just Passing Through

Post by Ricochet »

Cybil was by far my most favorite character in the movie. Seeing her die like that made me feel sad and sick at the same time.

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
even dying of a parasite explosion is better than burning alive.
Like one who, on a lonely road,
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And, having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

Ricochet wrote:Cybil was by far my most favorite character in the movie. Seeing her die like that made me feel sad and sick at the same time.

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
even dying of a parasite explosion is better than burning alive.
Both looks bad X_X''''
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

yeah i love Cybil too. i wish people would quit the lesbien comments, just cos shes a strong woman and has short hair. its pathetic.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
Sig Courtesy of the Great & Powerful Milfy!! :mrgreen: