The Black fairy..and stuck in the fog world?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

The Black fairy..and stuck in the fog world?

Post by Anonymous »

I am in love with the ending.

Having Rose live on in a state of delusion...her mental harm due to all she's seen, so much that home is home no matter what layer she is on. She is so mentally lost and it fits her world.

I feel so bad for Christopher...he'll never see them again, and never know what happened to them.

I LOVED how Rose just drove over the missing street and the bridge was magically there again..and the fog just followed her.

The final "boss" was Alessa, very much designed after Mary in SH2. The barbed wire assault was magical and horrifying...Dark Alessa dancing in Christabella's falling blood...amazing.

This film was perfect. Anyone who disagrees is just a spoiled idiot, not a fan.
Be happy.
Twisted Tinhead
Just Passing Through

Post by Twisted Tinhead »

i agree with u, i enjoyed it and hopefully they will make a sequal involving the birth of the falus god thing ^^ oh the dancing bit was disturbing but it suited. and the final boss wow!
Welcome to silent hill child of time, welcome to the bridge of one dimension to another, welcome to the end of time.....Timelord!
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Bettie Bloodshed »

I agree. I loved Alessa (dark) dancing in the blood.
[i]We live like vampires...we love like killers...we all die like infants, and we trust like mirrors.[/i]
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/1zqslko.jpg[/img]
[i]It's the pain and the sex disguised as innocence....slow suicide. Like it or not, its what we do.[/i]

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.
valentinecliche
Just Passing Through

Post by valentinecliche »

the boss looked like team silent designed it. amazing!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

When the incubation chamber began rising from the flame pit...It was just surreal. This film is too much for alot of poeple's minds to handle, I think.

It goes by so quickly, but it's very artistic. It's definately not held down by stupid American blockbuster standards.

The scenes of Lisa afraid to show her face to Rose were something subtle and out of a nightmare of someone, somewhere.

Still, I say the most disturbing scene was at the start, where the gray child is standing in front of Rose and looks up at her, then they all begin to scream and cry.

Thank you Christophe Gans.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I agree about the effects on the Alessa sequence and the Lisa scene was totally awesome. Contradicts Lisa's true relationship with Alessa but they didn't have time to go into that in detail.

I think Alessa looked a little too silly in the bed though. She should have looked either like she did in SH1's intro movie, or completely disfigured and disgusting. She just looked like an alien from Star Wars, though, and I couldn't get over that.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
kingscratchie
Just Passing Through

Post by kingscratchie »

The ending was excellent with all the barbwire flying around, and I was wondering if the road was really going to appear, but when I saw sharron/alessa pretend to be sleeping and then "wake up" so the jeep could start, I knew something was going on.

I guess Jeep's really can go through anything :P
I needed you to punish me, I don't need you anymore
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>the Lisa scene was totally awesome.
Except for when they actually showed her face. Should've stopped long before then.

>I think Alessa looked a little too silly in the bed though.
Agreed. It reminded me of the antagonist of Robo-Cop after he'd fallen in nuclear waste.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I think Lisa's face was just Gans misinterpreting what happens to Lisa in her death scene in SH1.
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I wouldn't think so. Alessa states she did something terrible to someone who cared for her & was curious--thus the disfigurement. It seems they wanted Lisa to appear shocking & gross, but, really, she looked silly. If they had just left her face alone--a CUT TO: long before they pan up across her face--it would've been a lot more effective.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Agreed. Such a cut would imply that how Lisa looks is too terrible to even see.
Lives in the mirror"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Lisa looked awesome, move along sir.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Oh noes a conflicting opinion what should i do!?!?

You do know you're walking on thin ice already, right FrozenHalo?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

"If you’re tired of teenagers in danger and you’re tired of remakes of Asian titles, SILENT HILL is a fascinating antidote. If you’re the kind of person who finds surrealism frustrating and you want something more traditional, this may not be your cup of tea."

The part with the barb wire flying (or the "boss" fight) Alessa looks to her right, past the camera, good God, that was creepy as hell.
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

St. Thomas wrote:Oh noes a conflicting opinion what should i do!?!?

You do know you're walking on thin ice already, right FrozenHalo?
This is a smidge off topic but I haven't been on here in a while.. is that you theAdversary?

Anywho, when Alessa was lying on the hospital bed I briefly though about that Zombie that comes out of the Trioxin container from the first Revenge Of The Living Dead. Then I got over it and realized it was awesome that they showed her being burned alive to begin with. Shit, a lot of this movie surprised me because these days the MPAA doesn't let filmakers get away with ANYTHING.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]
Jedah
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: The Black fairy..and stuck in the fog world?

Post by Jedah »

FrozenHalo wrote:Dark Alessa dancing in Christabella's falling blood...amazing.
That was my favorite scene of the movie, It looked so wicked.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/jedahpr/banner7v2.jpg[/img]
"The Monster inside of me as grown this big"
Tank Girl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tank Girl »

I think, given the comments, everyone quite enjoyed the dancing in the blood. Wow, I was like... mesmerized by that entire scene.

As for Lisa... well, I loved what I saw, but I wish they had given her a little bigger role... though I suppose we all can't get what we want.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/pezkore][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/pezkore.png[/img][/url]

PSN: pezkore
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

True, they could've done a quick cut and it would've had a better effect. it would've left the viewer saying "what the hell?" and wanting to rewind to see it again. however, i thought her face looked good (Lisa).

i was happy with Alessa, dark and the boss version. i loved when she smiles and looks back at sharon/rose while having her revenge. i felt she looked pretty disturbing enough.

i also dug the ending. i was glad they didn't make it out alive because that would've been cheesy and sappy.

i hope they make a Silent Hill 2 film
i_love_jthm
Just Passing Through

Post by i_love_jthm »

Drewfus wrote:I agree about the effects on the Alessa sequence and the Lisa scene was totally awesome. Contradicts Lisa's true relationship with Alessa but they didn't have time to go into that in detail.

I think Alessa looked a little too silly in the bed though. She should have looked either like she did in SH1's intro movie, or completely disfigured and disgusting. She just looked like an alien from Star Wars, though, and I couldn't get over that.
I didnt care for Alessas look much either, i think she should have looked like she did in the opening of SH1 also.
[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/i_love_jthm/maria8fb.jpg[/img]
oh my god! somebody put sh*t in my pants!
Tom133t
Just Passing Through

Post by Tom133t »

Burnt Alessa in the end reminded of friggin' Darth Vader without his helmet from Return of The Jedi...
You know, just a bunch of saggy pink nasty skin....
[img]http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6193/sh133t0ma.png[/img]