Lisa (The Red Nuse) Discussions

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

well i love cybil heres lisas pic LOADS MOR ON MY SITE :)

Last edited by ant_garland on 26 May 2006, edited 1 time in total.
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ooh, thanx!

BTW, what does her SP badge mean?
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

No one really knows for sure. In my opnion it stands for "Special Patient" cause in the game that made sense because she took care of Alessa. But in the movie we assume she wasn't the only nurse in charge of the caring for Alessa.
Atimus
Just Passing Through

Post by Atimus »

I thought Lisa was put in there for a cool cameo apperance really. Just naming her the red nurse doesn't do her character much justice. It was nice to see her in the movie but there was something inside me that thought it was just wrong.
There is no Harry in the movie so her character can't really be the same with Rose.

Harry cared for her safety and she was always scared to death. Her scenes were more powerful because of that.

Harry had guts and took action he was also being a good parent, I don't see the feminine qualities when I read Gans's interpretation of him. Actually I think he made it up so he could have a woman for the role of main protagonist. Since France is the country where they worship women. It wouldn't suprise me, I think Rose is her own character. It wouldn't feel the same if she was in Harry's place in the game when you meet Lisa.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Sexy Paramedic :P

I can kinda see Gans's view of Harry expressing motherly tendencies; I don't think he made it up. I really feel like he changed the gender of the protagonist just because society in general views the mother as the more "caring" (for lack of a beter word) parent. Silent Hill fans surely have already come to terms with a male protagonist being so caring, but he movie was intended for a broader audience.

I do think it's a shame that the Lisa dynamic had to be sacrificed though...
Atimus
Just Passing Through

Post by Atimus »

Harry had a maternal instinct , you know that from the beginning. As would anyone in his situation, Cheryl was all he had. I don't think it made him any less masculine though, through out the story he did some pretty ballsy things to find his daughter.

It wasn't how Harry acted in the game but the driving force he had within him thats like a mother who will do anything for her child no matter the consequence. I can agree with that on the adaption of Rose, but not based on what he said on his blog. I don't think that defines Harry's character, imo he was more like a father, he showed some affection with Lisa and he wanted to rescue the sexy paramedic and protect her. She was the only person he could relate to in the otherworld and that made you grow more attached to her.

I went overboard on saying Gans just made it up , I know he means that maternal instinct a mother has. I just don't see thier take on Harry quite the same way I do.
Because of that, the story has changed and Lisa becomes the red nurse. I agree its a shame, now the general public will have to play the game to really find out for themselves how it is since the movie alone can't. Thats a good thing though I hope. Thats what I wanted most out of the movie, to show others who haven't experienced Silent Hill that they're really missing out on a truely unique one of a kind story.
Rachel
Just Passing Through

Post by Rachel »

It was my theory that Alessa had suddenly woke up, maybe upon feeling Lisa's eyes on her, and the extreme hate she unleashed upon Lisa at that point was because she hated Lisa for looking at her in such an awful state, there in the hospital oxygen tent.
shot_at
Just Passing Through

Post by shot_at »

I liked Lisa/Red Nurse in the film, it was short and sweet. I would of liked to see her get a bigger part but there is a part of me that suspects she could of had a bigger part in the film before Christopher Gans' original script was declined because "there were no men!"

My beliefs are Alessa kept the Red Nurse because she was the only one who took genuine sympathy on her & by letting her keep her original beauty (apart from the eyes of course) which is more than can be said for the other nurses who aren't even permitted faces or emotions, showing Alessa's jealousy of their beauty when she can not have it herself.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/riotsandradiowaves/sh3nurse09copylm5.jpg[/img]
Rachel
Just Passing Through

Post by Rachel »

Yeah, but I think that it was really interesting, how Alessa might have even been jealous of Lisa's beauty, even though she was only a little girl. Most little girls of Alessa's age in the movie don't usually take too much consideration into their appearances until their early teenage years, do they? :wink: I certainly never did, except for my hair, I think. :oops:
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, Alessa's obsession over appearance might've been multiplied however many times over by the fact that she's burned and horrible and ugly and disgusting and her personal nurse is like beauty-incarnate. Yea, I'd be jealous despite being like, eight.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Xioz Taschez
Just Passing Through

Post by Xioz Taschez »

Sorry for going waaaaaay back in the thread....
Heathers_Guy14 wrote:See if I was Lisa in that situation, I would have smiled at Alessa and waved at her just to show how nice I am.
I'd have probably used corny pick up lines and inuendos...

Also, to whoever said
Curiosity killed the cat.
For a while, I was a suspect. [/Steven Write quote]

I would have loved to see Lisa change... If instead of seeing her run off
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
you saw her transform like in the game.
That would have been slightly awesome.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Tashchez/Avatars%20n%20Sigs/xmt.jpg[/img]