Your Silent Hill Movie Experience?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

valtiel_unknown
Just Passing Through

Post by valtiel_unknown »

yep, that´s it... i work with video editing and music composing , have my own musics and like almost all silent hill soundtrack, i agree with some music part of movie but ..u know other could be more Strong dirt... and no offence from u.
And this from a guy who has what credentials?
Windows movie maker? A coupled of ripped CD's? And he calls himself a bigtime video editor, who can critique on people who use $30,000 editing and have 4+ years of experience with video editing and music composing, and make well over 100 grand a year.... hmmm, who am I gonna see a movie from?
Congratulations, Rose... You've made it. Your Reward, The Truth!
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Re: You have betterest human speak then efls in who-ville...

Post by Dark Sky »

Miasmal_Justice wrote:Well...let's work backwards, here. How the hell can a trailer be better then a movie? It's a freakin' commercial!!!! It doesn't even count as a form of media.
Ooooooh.... Sorry, just wanna butt in here and say that trailers are actually celebrated, especially at editing festivals and the like. Some trailers are absolute works of beauty and art and are just absolutely wonderful... (Off the top of my head the original Kill Bill vol 1 teaser trailer is a work of genius, as is the trailer for Silent Hill 4...two of my favourite trailers!)

Now....Terrible music? I don't know if you realized this, but the music was done by the original games composer, so wither A. You didn't like the music in the games either, or B. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. This isn't a question of taste at this point. The music is perfect. End of discussion.
Heh...well I'd say the music in the games is perfect...and the music in the film is even more perfect!
In the film many of the tracks from the games were re-recorded to make them sound better, and many cues were enhanced greatly by Jeff Danna, it has to be admitted! The cello solo he added to the famous "Promise (reprise)" cue from Silent Hill 2 (when it's used when Rose is chasing Alessa through Midwich School) is absolutely gorgeous, and not something Yamaoka could have done, I don't think. (Not that I'm downplaying Yamaoka, he's a genius! But I think it was great that his experience with sound design and sampling and effectively deceptively simple melodies was able to be augmented by Danna's experience with more complex rhythms and effects able to be produced by the acoustic instrument for that one cue!) I really hope they do bring out a soundtrack album for the film. I'd buy it. Just for that cue.
Miasmal_Justice
Just Passing Through

Post by Miasmal_Justice »

valtiel_unknown wrote:
yep, that´s it... i work with video editing and music composing , have my own musics and like almost all silent hill soundtrack, i agree with some music part of movie but ..u know other could be more Strong dirt... and no offence from u.
And this from a guy who has what credentials?
Windows movie maker? A coupled of ripped CD's? And he calls himself a bigtime video editor, who can critique on people who use $30,000 editing and have 4+ years of experience with video editing and music composing, and make well over 100 grand a year.... hmmm, who am I gonna see a movie from?
Now there's no need to turn into a snarling beast on this guy... He had a valid point, which was discussed earlier. There's no need for you to tear into this guy. After all, :lol: Whe are all ameegoes here :lol:
XIII Death "Uniqueness lived fully"
King of Cups "Sustaining Desire"
Judgement XX "Daily Rebirth"
V Cups, VI Cups, VII Cups "End of Illusions, Fountain of Youth, Dreams Lived"
IV The Emperor "Pioneer of Love", O The Fool "Zero as Model", IX The Hermit "Healing". That's [b]me[/b], Baby.
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

Heather_Mason wrote:I went to see an earlier showing, 4:00, because I was worried the later ones were going to be packed, which I was right....The movie experience just made me angry, because of this couple sitting next to me, kept giggling, at parts, that weren't even funny, and at the end, they had the nerve to say, that was stupid....Their obviously not fans of the games, nor did it seem like they played games at all, so it didn't bother me that much. I just wore my SH Shirt, got alot of responses to it, seeing as how it said Silent Hill on it. I, myself, am in love with the movie, I don't see how anyone could think it was a bad game-to-movie. My brother and I sat next to each naming off music, and scenes from the games, since he's watched me play all the Silent Hill games...It was fun...I loved everything, the gore, mood, atmosphere..It gave me this...Weird feeling after watching it, that I've never had before other than, when I played the games, it was a Silent Hill feeling....
OMG i totally agree about the feeling. no film had ever given me a feeling like that before, i have had a taste of Silent Hill and i want to see more. i've never played the games before, i saw my ex BF play it once but never knew much about it.
i was extremely impressed. it actually made me wana play the games and know more. its such a great franchise. it just annoys me how simple minded people didnt get it and dare to criticise it when they r so clueless about the depth and are like 'why did that happen?' 'what the f**k was that about?'
from what i've noticed, Silent Hill is supposed to elave u thinking 'WTF?!' but then everything comes together when u look deeper. i like that aspect and i say KUDOS to all the cast and crew and the creators of general Silent Hill. and i love the soundtrack. Akira Yamaoka u are a legend! :mrgreen:
oh and i loved the CGI credits and the song!! :wink:
i typed this post really quickly so i apologise for any type O's :lol:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
Sig Courtesy of the Great & Powerful Milfy!! :mrgreen:
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

I went to see the film on July 9th, 3, or 3:30 pm.
There were like 20 people in the theater, behind me a couple trying to solve the movie trivia shown before the trailers (easy questions, who played Damien Karras on The exorcist?, Who directed The sixth sense?), a mid aged woman at my left eating pop corn, a mother with her kids at my right, that's all I recall about the audience.

The movie started, I was pleased to hear Silent Hill theme at the begining; just the ones behind me were discussing the film as it progressed; I remember I started to sing "Letter-from the lost days" as it started; I loved the sirens sound before the darkness arrives for the first time; Latter on the nurses scene, I can't believe the ones behind me (the loving couple) were asking each other "What are they?" "Are they nurses?" "I think they are"; On the Church Massacre scene (one of my favourite scenes of the film), everyone (including me) was shocked by the extreme gorish content, I thought to myself "WOW, that's pretty nasty, and funy!!!"; The end comes, appearently noone got the end (again including me), but it was good anyway, everyone left silent, only I stayed for the complete ending credits: "You're not here" "Tears of..." "Theme of Laura" (I'm not sure of the last one).

Well, that was my experience, thanks for reading.
nanook in heaven...
camera-Nazi

Post by camera-Nazi »

I watched it awfully late. I was blown away with the whole movie. I actually watced all of the special features and then I had to watch the nurse scene like 10 times. That iis the best part. I love my jiggaly boobed nurses. :shock: :lol:

(For the win)

I kind wonder why they used a women though insted of the father???
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

Okay, I was about to make a thread but good thing I saw this.

I saw the film three times:

May 31, 2006 in Deutschland. The film had been out for about two weeks and I had been dying to see it. The theater that was playing it only played it at 23:00 and it wasn't in the original audio so it was Dubbed in German, since I'm American, I only go there to watch movies in their original audio, but this was an exception. I got in the theater with my big bucket of salted popcorn and a 1 liter cup of Coke and sat down at the seat I was assigned to on the ticket that I boght three days previously. The film had about half hour of commericals and trailers so the film started at 23:30/11:30 pm and it was freaking AWESOME! Even with my little bits of German that I know I still pretty much got what they were saying. Since the film was out for a while there were no German teens in the crowd, and only this American right here. By the time the film was over, I was just amazed by it all. When I got out after the end credits I was saying to myself over and over "This IS THE BEST FILM EVER!!!!" I said that at least 10 times. Then I got home and didn't sleep, since in about an hour and a half later I'd be in Frankfurt getting on an airplane moving back to the U.S. I could say that was probably the best thing that ever happened to me in Germany.

June 16, 2006 in Hawai'i. There's a second chance theater that played it at 7 PM and I wanted to watch it in English so, I spent about $8 on the ticket and popcorn and soda. Still fun, even though I could tell that the German print I saw was supurb (soelling ) in comparrison to it, but never the less I was still happy watching the film.

June 22, 2006 in Hawai'i again, same theater. It was the final showing as the film was playing for a week only. Seeing the last showing was important for me, it was like knowing that after this, I'd be stuck waiting two months before watching it again on the home format of DVD. So, another $8 gone for something way worth it.

Let me tell you, when SH2 comes I will be living at the movie theater.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
extreme-nero
Hope House Careworker

Post by extreme-nero »

first time i watched it i was alone in the house and i had turned all the lights off and it was really scary as it was past 1 in the morning and i kept hearing noises coming from somewere in the house , i discovered that a stray cat had crept through a window and was roaming around upstairs, very scary at the time :mrgreen:
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

You didn't see it Theatrically? It was great.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
camera-Nazi

Post by camera-Nazi »

extreme-nero wrote:first time i watched it i was alone in the house and i had turned all the lights off and it was really scary as it was past 1 in the morning and i kept hearing noises coming from somewere in the house , i discovered that a stray cat had crept through a window and was roaming around upstairs, very scary at the time :mrgreen:
That has happened to me before...While I was watching the grudge. But the cat made its way down the stairs...I could hear it but I didnt wanna look instead I started crying...hehe...I'm pathetic.
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

I really don't know why, but in my case... during that scene and the kill bill 2 eye scene where the main character pulls out the eye of the adversary woman and squeezes the eye inbetween her toes. I simply bursted out laughing in both cases... I couldn't controll it. I simply laughed for a good 30 seconds barely able to swallow my coke, just to see that half the cinema turns arround and starts staring at me.

That also happpens to me sometimes... while watching very serious movie scenes or just in the middle of a very serious conversation, the worst part is that I can't stop laughing for a good amount of seconds. It's is quite funny, specially looking at the face expressions of other people arround you.