Your Silent Hill Movie Experience?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Your Silent Hill Movie Experience?

Post by Anonymous »

So, how did it go for you guys?

Me- I went at 7:30 on April 21st. I was dresed as Sharon/Alessa :}. (will post pics soon) Which, disappointingly, no one reconginized. The theater was almost halfway full. The people responded horribly. They commented on how ugly everyone in the cast was (i.e. "that cop lady looks like a dike") and at the end, everyone said 'I didn't get that' or 'man, that movie was dumb' but the tentacle rape got lovely response, lots of covered eyes and whatnot. When I was walking out, THEN they realized who I was. I got lots of 'hell yeah's and doubletake looks..afterward.
Sad, I was hoping to find a kindred soul who's played the game to its fullest, everyone at my show acted like it was new to them.

As for the movie, I loved it; I'm okay with it.
It could have been better, but that's life. :roll:
reginald potamus
Just Passing Through

Post by reginald potamus »

i watched it at 9.00 at night on the 21st, the cinema was packed only a few seats lleft. everyone laffed a certain scenes like closing the window to cybil and sayin i dont talk to strangers. no one screamed or anything cause it wasnt scary but people jumped when rose walked into the trash can. good film not brilliant but good and stuck true to the games. at least they didn't make pyramid head a good guy and start sword fighting like the nemisis in the second resi movie that was so shit!
scatlovers.com a site dedicated to the artful eating of poo
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

7:30 last night. The theater was filled with punk teenie boppers (30% of the audience) and the rest were normal people. The kiddies didn't shut up until half-way through.
Sefiros
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sefiros »

The first time I saw it was at 12:05pm and there were only 8 people in the cinema. and that was including me and my two friends. So that was awesome.

Then I went and saw it again at 8:40pm and it was pretty packed, but there wasn't anyone on phones or anything. Luckily. A few laughs here and there.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

10:00 last night on the 21st. As I was walking out this bitch behind me was all like "Well that was retarded." and I wanted to punch her sooo much. It was totally amazing and I loved it!!
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Saw it at 10:05, and it was one of the worst movie watching experiences of my life.

No, not the film itself.

There was something wrong with the print, and the sound was fucked up and it was blurred almost through the entire movie.

I felt really embarassed since it was at the theater I worked in, but I was also pissed too, because after waiting for so long to see a movie then to have it fucked up, just really aggrevated me.
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]

That sucks. The only problem I had was.. actually, the people were cool, no talking, phones ringing, screaming, just a lot of gasps and jumps.
Heather_Mason
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather_Mason »

I went to see an earlier showing, 4:00, because I was worried the later ones were going to be packed, which I was right....The movie experience just made me angry, because of this couple sitting next to me, kept giggling, at parts, that weren't even funny, and at the end, they had the nerve to say, that was stupid....Their obviously not fans of the games, nor did it seem like they played games at all, so it didn't bother me that much. I just wore my SH Shirt, got alot of responses to it, seeing as how it said Silent Hill on it. I, myself, am in love with the movie, I don't see how anyone could think it was a bad game-to-movie. My brother and I sat next to each naming off music, and scenes from the games, since he's watched me play all the Silent Hill games...It was fun...I loved everything, the gore, mood, atmosphere..It gave me this...Weird feeling after watching it, that I've never had before other than, when I played the games, it was a Silent Hill feeling....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/fass007/h_sig.jpg[/img]
Quemaqua
Just Passing Through

Post by Quemaqua »

I wasn't thrilled with the movie but I did have a good time. Four of us went to a late show. It was a crowded theater and unfortunately the crowd sucked. Lots of giggling during the dramatic scenes, lots of laughter at things that really weren't funny, etc. It was a pretty stupid crowd, too, mostly ghetto shits with no concept of art. Again, not that I was totally happy with the movie either, but they obviously didn't understand anything that they saw at all. So the response was pretty mixed at the end but seemed to lean toward the negative.

The best thing was how all the people were laughing at this or that but then would suddenly shut up when something awful happened in the movie. When PH tore Anna's clothes off, for instance, all giggling ceased. When he tore her skin off... everybody really shut the f@#$ up. Same with some of the other gory bits.

The scene with the gray children was also very well recieved. I was hoping for more moments like that and was disappointed not to get them. The audience responded most favorably to that scene, I thought, which didn't surprise me since that was one of the best parts of the whole movie.
I am not the reaper... but the monkey *might* be.
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Quemaqua, your signature is WAY to big, 580x100 max!!

I went last night at 7:10, it was packed!! There were a lot of older people there. Yeah, there were a few laughs, when needed, and when the nurses started moving around, that was retarded. There were a few retards in the back that would not shut up......but other than that it was good.
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

Went to sleep not sure knowing what to think, woke up this morning thinking it's awesome and knowing I have to see it again, this time alone.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
Meta4
Just Passing Through

Post by Meta4 »

Heather's_Guy14 wrote:10:00 last night on the 21st. As I was walking out this bitch behind me was all like "Well that was retarded." and I wanted to punch her sooo much. It was totally amazing and I loved it!!
Some people just don't have imagination so they're mad at what they don't understand. SH is one of the best game series in history and it's a shame when people overlook that for a cheap thrill. I thought the movie was fuckin' awesome. You have to understand that it won't be perfect because not everyone knew about SH before the movie was made so they had to educated the people who missed out. The 2nd has WAYYYYYYY more potential to be a perfect adaptation. But the 1st was still dope as fuck.
A fan who has found his way again.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I went at 10:15 with about 9 of my friends, all big SH fans. It wasn't too bad at first...then, I swear, the whole population of 'gangsta' people showed up, come to find out, that ATL movie or wahtever, was sold out.....and they decided to come see SH. All I heard was "what goin' on'?" "why ain't dat mo fo killin' dat bitch?!" *sigh* I'll see it again Monday right after school, hopefully it won't have constant talking....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I saw the very first showing at my local theater, on the 21st. So it was a little after noon. There were about 13 people, an even mix of teenagers (I think it's a school vacation week), middle aged, and older men. I was wearing my 'Pete's Bowl-a-rama' t-shirt, which I was strutting around proudly in like the fangrrl I am, but no one noticed it or seemed to catch on. There was literally no reaction in the theater to anything, that I could hear, except some scattered chuckles at Sharon's reaction to Cybil (who I thought was smokin' hot, incidentally) and my own muffled squeaks when the siren went off the first time. But I was sitting closer to the screen than most people, so I couldn't really -see- what people's reactions were.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I went at 7:30 last night dressed as Lisa. I was waiting for Phil (fragilen1n) and his group to show up in his kickass Pyramid Head costume, and people who recognized Lisa kept coming up to me and taking my picture or telling me how awesome I looked. ^_^ Once everyone showed, we had an awesome group: Pyramid Head, a demon nurse (I loved her outfit!), Vincent, a coal miner, and another Lisa. Pictures to be posted soon.

Someone at the theater even had those Silent Hill newspapers printed up, and passed them out to people going inside; it was great!

The audience was pretty packed and clearly had a good number of fans; there was applause for the mandolin, PH's appearance, the gray children... Unfortunately, I had the bad luck to sit next to a couple of dumb broads who could NOT SHUT UP during the movie. My best explanation is that one of the girls was blind and needed her friend to describe everything that was happening. :roll: I'm good at ignoring people though, especially if I'm particularly engaged in a movie (and I was). However, it was so hard not to smack the bitch when she answered her cell phone in the middle of the movie. Final straw: at the end, she stood up to leave and, in a voice that was obviously meant to carry, said "That was a stupid-ass movie. A stupid-ass movie."

Still didn't keep me from enjoying myself though, I absolutely loved the movie. :mrgreen:
Last edited by JuriDawn on 22 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
valentinecliche
Just Passing Through

Post by valentinecliche »

i went 2 the first showing, great audience.

And then 2 the last showing with my whole band and all our friends we had a whole section to ourselves, but i was the only one of them that has played the games.

The crowed laughed at stuff that wasnt funny, there was screams and jumps and what the hells and at the end people clapped.

so yeah. :twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

JuriDawn wrote:I went at 7:30 last night dressed as Lisa. I was waiting for Phil (fragilen1n) and his group to show up in his kickass Pyramid Head costume, and people who recognized Lisa kept coming up to me and taking my picture or telling me how awesome I looked. ^_^ Once everyone showed, we had an awesome group: Pyramid Head, a demon nurse (I loved her outfit!), Vincent, a coal miner, and another Lisa. Pictures to be posted soon.

Someone at the theater even had those Silent Hill newspapers printed up, and passed them out to people going inside; it was great!
Wow, that sounds SO cool! Great idea to pass out the papers. I wonder if the studio sent them as a promo piece. We certainly didn't have them at my showing. I was kinda glad to go alone, and chew on what I saw in peace, but it would be SO cool to go back with a group of people who love the series as much as I do. I just don't know anyone who does, around me.

I absolutely loved this movie. I cannot say it enough. I really wanna go back and see it again. I was soo happy to hear the mandolin playing during the TriStar horsey, I was clapping at that part. My absolute favourite scene in the whole movie was after she woke up in the car, was walking around in the town then went into the alleyway and then the children showed up. That was simply amazing. At first I didn't like the sirens, but then I really started to love them. They'll never replace the games sirens, but they were awesome.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The entire time me & my closest friend kept shouting out the names to songs.
We're both giddy little fangirls.
I'm SO glad they kept the music.
:)
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

I sang during the end credits. 8)
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]